Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/3/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted

I know that area well, must look great on the hills!

Just heavy rain here sadly. If we can't have snow, I'm hoping we may get some more electrical activity instead. Had a few very impressive lightning strikes at around 6pm yesterday. smile.png

Looks stunning yeh, Currently staying at friends here, Trying to get some pics up soon as i can

Edited by Rapodo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

OMG I have never seen such big flakes before!! HUGE LOL

Where abouts in Bournemouth are you - I'm in Christchurch and it's just rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Heavy snow with massive flakes,,..Settling on grass and cars,,,,,,,,,Some cars driving through with big covering on roofs,,,,,,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Two questions.

What are the biggest snowflakes anyone has witnessed? Some of the flakes coming down in Newbury are almost 1/2 to 1 inch across, yes, wet variety but snowflakes nevertheless. sorry.gif

Second question, when I read my 9am covering, well at least attempt to, it is very slushy, is this regarded as an official day of snow lying?

Any help appreciated. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Is there anyone on here near Dorchester or near the A35 Bridport - Dorchester road, would be interesting to know what it is like there, can't go out in car as I have to go to Exmouth in an hours time :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

What are the biggest snowflakes anyone has witnessed? Some of the flakes coming down in Newbury are almost 1/2 to and 1 inch across, yes, wet variety but snowflakes nevertheless. sorry.gif

Last month we had about an hours' worth of torrential snow, with flakes larger than golf balls, by far the biggest I've ever seen. Unfortunately it didn't settle though.

Posted

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

Couple of my views there, nice to see for this time of the year!

Still coming down as i speak, alot thicker sinse i took these pics now too.

Id say a good 2cm now if not more.

Just turned very heavy again, really building up now!

Edited by Rapodo

Posted

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

Couple of my views there, nice to see for this time of the year!

Still coming down as i speak, alot thicker sinse i took these pics now too.

Where abouts is this Rapodo?

Posted

Not doing anything here now just wet puddles everywhere, it didnt settle but at least i saw snow falling again. One day it will be Axminsters turn again and we'll have proper setteling snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Is there anyone on here near Dorchester or near the A35 Bridport - Dorchester road, would be interesting to know what it is like there, can't go out in car as I have to go to Exmouth in an hours time :-(

My sister has just driven back along the coast road and says the snow looks thick across the way. The A37 is closed so I guess it is probably bad on the A35 as it's fairly high.

Posted

This is in Ibberton, North Blandford Forum

Ahh, lucky you. Just rain down here but had a terrific hail/thunderstorm yesterday afternoon so can't complain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Now settling at the roads and pavements in Newbury. My AT hasn't budged much, mind you. It is hovvering around the 0.6c mark. My 9am snow observation was approximately 10mm of slushy cover. Five snow days in March so far but today is one of those rare ones where the snow has settled on all surfaces. drinks.gif Amazing to think, we are so close to the Spring Equinox too. biggrin.png

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Throwing it down hear really heavy snow , it looks a bit to my east in the main but it can always develop as the morning goes on!! Them cells to the south look very nice !)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Heavy steady snow and covering fields ,hills,,,,,,,Think Mother nature giving small bonus for sending lasts weeks snow to France?

post-18298-0-59686400-1363511068_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

My sister has just driven back along the coast road and says the snow looks thick across the way. The A37 is closed so I guess it is probably bad on the A35 as it's fairly high.

Thought as much, incredible, thanks for that microclimate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

I have just woken up and coming on this thread I feel I am in the Twilight Zone! Can't believe all this talk of snow! Here in Wimborne it is pouring with rain - in fact the pond is flooding and I didn't even know there was a risk of snow. Gordon Bennett !!!

Posted

Sleet here with some big flakes mixed in.

When the intensity dies off, it's rain. When it's heavier, there's more snow in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Hmmmmmm just a wet morning on the Isle of Wight.....unbelievable considering how close Bournemouth is to us.......

Edited by iowpompeylee

Posted

Hmmmmmm just a wet morning on the Isle of Wight.....unbelievable considering how close Bournemouth is to us.......

Bournemouth also has rain. Rapodo location today is near Blandford Forum. So close, and yet so far....