Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/3/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So confused but very pleased! Although it has just stopped we had 30 mins of heavy snow which started out as hail here in Delabole! Settled slightly but melting fast! It wasn't forecast on MetO 5 day!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

snow3.jpg

snow4.jpg

snow5.jpg

Here you go here is the latest! LOL Still really heavy here! Hope i can get home at this rate!

I am utterly amazed - I didn't realise how much higher your position is compared with us - Im going to jump in the car and follow the snow - unbelievable :)

So confused but very pleased! Although it has just stopped we had 30 mins of heavy snow which started out as hail here in Delabole! Settled slightly but melting fast! It wasn't forecast on MetO 5 day!!!

So pleased for you! I know Delabole well and for you to see the white stuff is fantastic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I am utterly amazed - I didn't realise how much higher your position is compared with us - Im going to jump in the car and follow the snow - unbelievable :)

So pleased for you! I know Delabole well and for you to see the white stuff is fantastic!

Thanks! Totally unexpected too! It nearly always seems to happen that way here! Good luck with your hunt for snow! :-)

Edited by snowphie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Covering snow along A352 from upper Charminster towards Cerne Abbas,,,,,More like deep slush with fresh snow settling on top,,,,,Very easy loose traction,,,,,

Posted

Andy in Warminster. Im in frome and we have nothing on the cars or ground. We are also higher up here to, can you post couple pics as its hard to believe. I know our local weather here is some of the most localised on the planet so not doubting that it couldnt of happened just hard to belive you have so much and us so little yet 6 miles apart. I cant see cley hill at the moment as its shrouded in fog but once that clears ill be able to see that and longleat, and if anyone gets snow its normally those areas as much higher than us in frome and warminster.

Dnt forget the pics, thanks.

I cannot see Cley Hill either due to the mistiness. Still snowing now although what had settled is thawing as presumably the ground temp isn't cold enough to

sustain it.

Precipitation intensity is the key, it came down harder here than in Frome and has come down harder still further S/E from here. The radar shows that perfectly.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
Sorry Andy but I need to remove your comment. Whilst I may or may not agree with what you say, can we keep it of this forum and PM the guy. Personally, I feel the disbelief must now be over, given the pictures posted on here.

Posted

Heavy wet snow south of Salisbury now

Edit - now back to rain. We're the borderline once again by the looks of it.

Edited by jtay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Keep the pictures coming from those lucky enough to have seen the white stuff. What an amazing day. I have recorded some pics and video but my caemra will need recharging, so I'll have to make do with other's observations. 0.5c here and still it snows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Keep the pictures coming from those lucky enough to have seen the white stuff. What an amazing day. I have recorded some pics and video but my caemra will need recharging, so I'll have to make do with other's observations. 0.5c here and still it snows.

And the day has barely started! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Tried to get my Chocolate lab to pose in snow, looking more like white spotted Dalmation,,,,,But the miserable old devil not impressed with idea and retreated in doors,,,,,,,,Flakes getting big again

post-18298-0-91362200-1363514164_thumb.j

post-18298-0-04598000-1363514203_thumb.j

post-18298-0-54260500-1363514239_thumb.j

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

From earlier this morning. It's light rain here now.

post-8165-0-18956200-1363514562_thumb.jp

post-8165-0-10833400-1363514574_thumb.jp

Posted

Still snow here in Ibberton, but much lighter now! Sun trying to poke through now! What a result that was today! A good 2 inchs here, I am in a vally so maybe that did it? Whats Blandford near the town like?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Had rain all morning here but stopped now.

Posted

Still snow here in Ibberton, but much lighter now! Sun trying to poke through now! What a result that was today! A good 2 inchs here, I am in a vally so maybe that did it? Whats Blandford near the town like?

mostly all gone now

Posted

Icy cold rain whilst driving to work at 7o'clock this morning. rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Snowed here earlier but didn't settle. My Mum phoned earlier to blame me for the weather and apparently she has heavy snow on the west wilts downs near Salisbury.