Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Well one good thing is that Devon and Cornwall can have a chance to dry out for next week .

Then what happens on Easter will be interesting and will will have more cold winds for the start of April ?

It's still there in fi.

post-19059-0-19301400-1363958381_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

local forecasters tending to tone down any snow for local areas now saying above 250 mtrs time will tell .iv done a quick look through local bbc web sites and it appears that fronts moving north are much weaker than initially projected .i personally feel that the situation is only just building and the fun and games wont start till this evening . so im still expecting snow down to low levells more wide spread after midnight .modells still looking good for continuing cold and this mornings ECM a corker ,catch up with you all later a full house and happy posters .drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Am i right in thinking that the stuff heading north now (and yesterday ) is due to stall and then slip south eastwards again?

Posted

It was forecasted to be raining here all night and today, it stopped at 2am and we've had a brief spell of rain 15 minute ago, certainly not what they were forecasting.

Yes same here, light rain overnight stopped around 5am & been dry all day until about an hour ago.

Temp is 6C after a min of 5C. Rain today 6mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Light rain here. +5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

My met office app has me down for light snow saturday evening until sunday mid day! rofl.gif

We all know what happened last time... aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Showers here now but SAT24 shows sunshine is so close by, now around the Lands End/Scilly area. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

My met office app has me down for light snow saturday evening until sunday mid day! rofl.gif

We all know what happened last time... aggressive.gif

Don't do it to yourself Mullender, expect rain to avoid any disappointment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

12z NAE pulls the snow risk south into tomorrow,

13032312_2212.gif

13032318_2212.gif

13032400_2212.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'm literally right on the line on these charts;

post-12721-0-58501500-1363964790_thumb.jpost-12721-0-82179900-1363964797_thumb.jpost-12721-0-22085200-1363964805_thumb.j

Could be an interesting journey coming back from Tamworth tomorrow. Also interesting charts for parts of our region at least, namely Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and North Wiltshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'm a fraction outside that NAE but with elevation I could get a nice surprise... clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I'm literally right on the line on these charts;

post-12721-0-58501500-1363964790_thumb.jpost-12721-0-82179900-1363964797_thumb.jpost-12721-0-22085200-1363964805_thumb.j

Could be an interesting journey coming back from Tamworth tomorrow. Also interesting charts for parts of our region at least, namely Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and North Wiltshire.

Well that looks very good , just to confirm to you guys , I work in stow on the wold , far southern reaches of the midlands , 800ft high , but we have wet snow , considering the 0 850's were meant to be above me (which is obviously wrong ) so I think all in all there may well be a few surprises . Once we get an undercut then it will turn readily to snow for areas from the m4 north this evening , then maybe further south tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Right guys, picked the little one up from school and am now about to embark on the journey upto Tamworth, in the hope I see some of the white stuff.

Dare I post in the Midlands thread though. Will be coming back Saturday, so hopefully will have a good idea how far south the snowline is then. In an ideal world, I will see all snow from Tamworth to Bristol on Saturday.

Enjoy the err......... rain peeps. Any excuse to visit the in laws hey!! lol. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

I guess my area has quite high uncertainty with regards to snow. Just started rain/sleeting in the last hour though. Will be interesting how this plays out over next 24hrs.

Edited by birdman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hate it when people say M4 corridor... I live right next to it..

Does it mean I will get snow?

only if you're in the corridor wink.png

Posted

Well the met office app has snow for me on Sunday early morning! And with it now optimised for iPod and iPhone 5's, my snow icons look all the better :D

Posted

prectypeuktopo.png

End of Tuesday into Wednesday is looking good for snow chances for most of our region on the 12z GFS... maybe one to watch!

Posted

Well this appeared out of nowhere, and will probably disappear as quickly as it appeared, but something to get our hopes up for them to inevitably be dashed!

prectypeuktopo.png

It will be interesting to see if the other models start picking up on it as well though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Funnel cloud was pictured in Weymouth today, i'd put it around about when the small squall/lewp passed over.

post-15177-0-01186100-1363969040_thumb.p

post-15177-0-19364900-1363969064_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Looks as though that lady they were looking for in the house which collapsed in the looe landslide has been found.. Sadly a body has just been found according to the BBC :(

Edited by Polar Bear