Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Condolences to that ladies family.

Posted

Sad news re the lady in Looe.

Good funnel cloud captue Mapantz.

I wonder if the temperature drop in the last 90 minutes is due to the time of day or colder air arriving? It's dropped from 6.3c to 4.2c and is

continuing to drop steadily.

Very showery rain today with lines of it on the radar, almost as if 4 or 5 separate fronts are moving SW-NE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Although out on it's own at present it's remarkable to be seeing more potential snow being forecast as we head into late March

120-574.GIF?22-12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

That dollop of ppn stretching from Devon down towards the Channel Islands has really intensified over the last couple of hours and is heading this way. If only it was bumping into colder air further south. blum.gif

Posted

Very wet yesterday evening at home in east Devon, 42.4mm fell yesterday. Not so wet today but still 15mm of rain since midnight, so about 57mm from this event at home.

Rainfall rate and daily accumulation over the last 24 hours:

rain.png

raint.png

Some heavy stuff closing in on home to top up todays total a bit.

Not much here in the gap in the middle of course, too far south for the snow. May turn to snow up here tomorrow when I'm coming home to Devon lol. We did have a bit of sleet briefly in a shower earlier which I didn't expect.

Posted

Omg just watching the news................. How depressing ........... I want MY snow!!!!!!

I mean you have to laugh. ( not )

Edited by jessandjon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite eerie here actually. Its quite misty but you can tell the sun is trying hard to break through as the sky has gone pretty orange!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well I spose its a case of waiting and watching now...

temperature is only 3.6c with a slow decline we need that front to maybe be a touch further west and south for real chances but it is possible...good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Quite eerie here actually. Its quite misty but you can tell the sun is trying hard to break through as the sky has gone pretty orange!

Was just thinking how nice it was. V still,mild and birds singing at 6:15,

Such a shame were back to these bl----y east winds,tomorrow.

As us fishermen would say "when the wind is in the east,no good for man or beast".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hmm I see the MetOffice warning page is down.. Well it is for me anyway ... Must be the weather.... Lol. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

As us fishermen would say "when the wind is in the east,no good for man or beast".

Is it misty with this orange glow in Truro too? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Im not so sure..... rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ian F just recently posted in the MOD thread, the gist of it being a convective shortwave (currently through Devon) is making enhancing ppn increasing possible snow risk down to the (dare I say it) M4 corridor tonight.....at least that's what I think he was saying!...lol.....Anyhoos for us In BANES/Wilts/Berks/Glous/Oxon then miss his Points West forecast shortly at your peril!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Am I still allowed to post in here? :p lol

In Wilnecote, Tamworth now. Nothing too special yet. Some lying wet snow around and some light sleety snow falling currently. Will get some pictures in the morning of the overnight blizzard that I'm expecting to hit. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

As you were here pouring down with rain, current temp 3.8c humidity 92% dew point 2.7c. Heading down so may get some wet snow in early hours, not holding my breath though. Another depressing cold spell in what has been a long winter of what could have been apart from one day(18th January).

Posted

Am I still allowed to post in here? blum.gif lol

In Wilnecote, Tamworth now. Nothing too special yet. Some lying wet snow around and some light sleety snow falling currently. Will get some pictures in the morning of the overnight blizzard that I'm expecting to hit. blum.gif

Turncoat! diablo.gifacute.gif

You should stay in west country and endure the lashings of cold rain cray.gif Still not convinced i'll miss completely but do need a little luck on our side. Sunday morning looks like best chance for most of us to see a dusting if any ppn holds enough strengh together as front clears to the south. good.gif

Posted

Ian F just recently posted in the MOD thread, the gist of it being a convective shortwave (currently through Devon) is making enhancing ppn increasing possible snow risk down to the (dare I say it) M4 corridor tonight.....at least that's what I think he was saying!...lol.....Anyhoos for us In BANES/Wilts/Berks/Glous/Oxon then miss his Points West forecast shortly at your peril!!

Checking out the 6pm news as they say "Plenty of heavy rain for the south tonight", of course we are talking south central, anywhere south of the M4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Is it misty with this orange glow in Truro too? smile.png

Dont know,i live in porthallowblum.gifblum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Missed p. w forecast what did i. F say

Posted

I missed it too, conditions are not a million miles away from snow here, 3.2c dewpoint 1c

Posted

Am I still allowed to post in here? :p lol

In Wilnecote, Tamworth now. Nothing too special yet. Some lying wet snow around and some light sleety snow falling currently. Will get some pictures in the morning of the overnight blizzard that I'm expecting to hit. :p

Having watched bbc weather this eve i reckon you could wake up to a winter wonderland.

Most depressing thing about so far is that most people are talking about how the winter is turning into a really good one, long one re cold and snow - and it's been cr#p here - it really has!

Little chance of snow for vast majority of our region. Bar parts of cotswolds and maybe down to Swindon area near M4.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Snow for Glos looks a fair bet into tomorrow and Sunday, 30% chance snow may get further south.