Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Watching the one show and is it Really heavy rain or snow they have there at the BBC television centre ? Anyone got it on?

Posted

Dear God will someone please make this damn rain stop. I am sick to the back teeth of it and I am sure I am not alone feeling this way.

Just going back through some old photos and this time last year I had some mates around and we were having an impromptu BBQ/boozefest in my back garden. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Just going back through some old photos and this time last year I had some mates around and we were having an impromptu BBQ/boozefest in my back garden. :(

You could always have an impromptu booze cruise in your back garden. :)

Posted

Just to provide some comfort - despite what it seems watching the media reports today, even today the main proper snow with depth has been on higher ground up North and in N Ireland.

A lot of lower lying areas are just getting snow falling with v slushy snow or melting snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Im not so sure..... rofl.gif

I'am

Another week of cold,raw east winds bringing high windchills,but dry with slate grey dark sky's and not a sods chance of seeing any snow.

Massive seas meaning no chance of fishing. winds burning s--t out of any plant they touch and heating bills going through the roof.

Suppose there's always flambardsmega_shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

I got a funny feeling about tonight/tomorrow, looking at the Radar it seems the pivot could be a little further west and south than forecast and if this is the case the colder air may dig in a little earlier than suggested. Heres hoping eh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just to provide some comfort - despite what it seems watching the media reports today, even today the main proper snow with depth has been on higher ground up North and in N Ireland.

A lot of lower lying areas are just getting snow falling with v slushy snow or melting snow.

Sounds like an epic event, about the best we can achieve in heart of a good winter! mega_shok.gif Still a glimmer of hope even in mid week (can't believe i'm even searching for snow in last week of march) for a channel low.... clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just driven back from work. There were some Icey dots appearing on the windscreen but nothing major.

Currently 2.0c Raining.

Posted

I got a funny feeling about tonight/tomorrow, looking at the Radar it seems the pivot could be a little further west and south than forecast and if this is the case the colder air may dig in a little earlier than suggested. Heres hoping eh!

I'm probably just about as far south west on the 'possible' snow so shall keep posted on whats falling on mendip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

I'am

Another week of cold,raw east winds bringing high windchills,but dry with slate grey dark sky's and not a sods chance of seeing any snow.

Massive seas meaning no chance of fishing. winds burning s--t out of any plant they touch and heating bills going through the roof.

Though this would really make the first spring warmth much more enjoyable, the first day with settled conditions and sunshine will feel beautiful. Quite nice to have a period where, the more often than not, early warmth, is replaced by late cold. We got all summer for the warm conditions and the prolonged cold will make the warmth that bit more sweet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I'am

There is always that!! your right, easterlies are not good for wildlife or plants this time of year.... Was just having a play on my name as a joke, ie "beast" but clearly it went wrong!! Now where did I put my coat?? I will just get that and be on my way.... help.gifrofl.gif

Posted

Quite an angry looking area of rain on the radar running down through Devon into the channel at the moment, almost looks like a squall line? Anybody nearby who can confirm if the rain is as heavy as the radar suggests?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

yes truckers are reporting very hvy rain in cornwall and devon and other reports say torrential with strong gusts .just come over mendip and rain is mixed with sleet at 1938hrs ,going to be an interesting time especially if the cold air cuts in ,fingers crossed ,synoptic situation very complex .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Quite an angry looking area of rain on the radar running down through Devon into the channel at the moment, almost looks like a squall line? Anybody nearby who can confirm if the rain is as heavy as the radar suggests?

Agreed it looks vicious , I think that's the cold front coming in , I'm sure it will really develop over tonight .

I also can confirm its snowing now at mine which is a good sign for you guys further south , nice juicy flakes !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

There is always that!! your right, easterlies are not good for wildlife or plants this time of year.... Was just having a play on my name as a joke, ie "beast" but clearly it went wrong!! Now where did I put my coat?? I will just get that and be on my way.... help.gifrofl.gif

Sorry,ia'm afraid that one went straight over my head.

We are just simple cornish folk you know. Be gentlesmile.png

Posted

Agreed it looks vicious , I think that's the cold front coming in , I'm sure it will really develop over tonight .

I also can confirm its snowing now at mine which is a good sign for you guys further south , nice juicy flakes !

You keep saying this but with all due respect being in the cotswolds 50 miles ne from here and at 700m asl is a vast difference to most of this region in this current set up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Whatever the weather is doing - Its totally unforgiving out there right now. Bitter wind and rain. If it was snow, it would be awesome!

Posted

Sorry,ia'm afraid that one went straight over my head.

We are just simple cornish folk you know. Be gentlesmile.png

Haha!! Thats right, you are simple cornish folk, but I couldn't think of anyone better to be neighbours with!! Life is simpler down this way.... I lived in London for 7 years before moving back here and I can honestly say that nothing would depress me more than having to move back to the south east!!

South west truly is best!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Haha!! Thats right, you are simple cornish folk, but I couldn't think of anyone better to be neighbours with!! Life is simpler down this way.... I lived in London for 7 years before moving back here and I can honestly say that nothing would depress me more than having to move back to the south east!!

South west truly is best!!

So damn right, nothing would ever make me move to the south east. Overrated, overcrowded part of the world. Here is where nature and serenity is at.

Posted

Just drove to local shop and can confirm a little sleet in the rain but along way from calling it wet snow.

2.6c dp 0.8c

Posted

Watching the one show and is it Really heavy rain or snow they have there at the BBC television centre ? Anyone got it on?

I would say sleet, or heavy wet snow??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I would say sleet, or heavy wet snow??

Yep you is probably spot on there.

Posted

So damn right, nothing would ever make me move to the south east. Overrated, overcrowded part of the world. Here is where nature and serenity is at.

Second that.... I had a friend of a friend come down showing of his ferrari and showing of his 40k rolex, I responded with "look where I live though, I don't need all of that".... He couldn't say anything!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

You keep saying this but with all due respect being in the cotswolds 50 miles ne from here and at 700m asl is a vast difference to most of this region in this current set up.

700ft not meters.

i apologise for keeping you guys informed i won't bother again !