Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/03/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Okerly Dokerly, a fresh thread to continue the discussion of tonight's impending snowmageddon! biggrin.png

old thread here ------------->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter long heavy snow! & warm summer days

all dry at the moment in stoke wind is still strong but gusty as opposed to stiff constant like last night, got about 3 inches here at my location very grey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

So Derbyshire, Notts and parts of Leicestershire under Amber warning now .... wonder what that means blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

The snow has just got very light here so may just nip out to get some more coal before the real heavy stuff starts.. most off you that been let down so far should feel much better in the morning when all is white and wonderful..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

BOTH !!!! The band to the north of us will start to move south and then there will be a band coming in from the south west

both will more or less meet over us and will ...".INTENSIFY"....hope this helps

SORRY posted this before it was lock out. Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

My interpretation is that over the next 24-36hours an area within a perimeter from Ross-on-Wye to Sheffield to Leciester to Worcester will see between 25-50mm accum precip.

The current radar looks a smidge further east of this area and therefore could be corrected a few miles east or west fro the real outcome.

You would think that somehwere within this sliver will possibly get 8-10inches snow accumualtion on ground that is not especially elevated!

Edited by Paceyboy

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Looks like we have hit the lull. Snow has eased now here with only light snow now but still drifting and blowing around, The second front is just touching Birmingham now, round 2 incoming...

Temp -0.8c

Dp -1.4c

Win Chill -6.7c, E/N/E

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

So Derbyshire, Notts and parts of Leicestershire under Amber warning now .... wonder what that means blum.gif

Lots of lovely white snow for us all to play in just like when we were kids yipeeeeeeeee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Lots of lovely white snow for us all to play in just like when we were kids yipeeeeeeeee

What do you"MEAN",,,, when we were.....haha.

Posted

Anyone think i will have trouble getting to the Royal Albert Hall in London tomorrow? I love the snow but on this occasion I really hope we don't get much.

Forget it. Stay at home and enjoy the snow.

Posted

Potentially a great set up for later, basically being attacked from both the North and Southwest, with the 2 areas merging into one system sat over the Midlands and it being much colder than last night.

A lot of snow could fall over the Midlands even at lower levels. You can see why most of us now have an amber warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Looks like Northampton missed the settling snow other midlanders had last night. Please let us have a decent snowfall and covering tonight and tomorrow.

Posted

Wil stoke being in the firing line for the 2nd band or am i to far north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Looks like Northampton missed the settling snow other midlanders had last night. Please let us have a decent snowfall and covering tonight and tomorrow.

Dont worry, Leicester missed it too. In fact quite a few reports of not much snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Hailstones in telford this could be fun later

Posted

going to coventry later whats it like that way on anybody please.

Coventry was barely hit last night. By the time I arrived at the office in Coventry there was only a bit of snow on the grass. None elsewhere. Back in south west Leicestershire it was much the same story at about 7am. I think tonight was always going to be the more promising event for thise central Midlands areas, though.

I'm in no position to complain whatever happens. We had a brilliant snow event back in late January (I think - I might have the dates a bit wrong!). Certainly the best I've seen in getting on for twenty years and the snow stayed on the ground for a couple of weeks all told. Anything is a bonus at this time of the year although I can't pretend I'm not looking forward to the possibility of winter going out with a bang. That said, I'll be happy for the winter to disappear after this event. I'm craving a bit of warmth. The forecasts I've seen don't give the impression I'll be getting my way any time soon though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

That big pinky blob over south wales has our name on it, shame it will be sleet/rain though

Might hit you as its heading directly north. Dry for rest of the midlands for the foreseeable next few hours though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep, this is going rapidly wrong. Roads/paths puddles and a big Friday rush coming up and more people on the road than normal on a Friday evening with people going out too watch the game - I fear tonight's going to be snowy with nothing sticking - ultimately pointless. No more than a slushy mess here tonight IMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Been out for a drive and look around. Snow melting now in Belper and most low level ground but you do not need to go too high around these parts for the snow to still be intact away from pavements and roads. Drifting quite evident also to areas not that high - Carsington area had some impressive drifting going on.

Back home now awaiting round two. I have to drive to Derby and back around tea time so hope it doesn't set in too much until after that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Guys Gavin has done an excellent video in weather two in the snow reports section , it gives us a very detailed look at what to expect later today and into tomorrow , I have watched his videos for a long time and have lots of respect for him , and I strongly suggest if you doubt the midlands getting buried that you watch his video , we will get battered later guys trust me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

The radar shows the current precipitation moving in a direct north flow. If it continues to do this some will not get what they expect. Is the direction of the front coming in going to change to a more North-east direction? Anyone have reliable info on this?