Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/03/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted

Big snowflakes here in south leicester!!well i can safely say now that most probably all the precipitation will remain as snow!!its still close to 1 degrees here with a dewpoint of -1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Heavy snow here again now...help.gif

Crossover from Welsh thread - I'm in the Ceiriog Valley where we have over a foot of snow, not seen it like this since I used to live in Hognaston in the early '80s and used to walk into Wirksworth or Ashbourne for supplies! I remember then that an early Shrovetide used to followed, sometimes, by blazing hot sunshine for Easter and then snow for Flash point to point (or poss other way round).

Was a bit worried for me mam in Hoggy, but phoned her and she and neighbour have tottered down to the Red Lion for "Ladies who Lunch", so she'll be fine!biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Just read my message from earlier on old thread thanks for the replies

Posted Today, 12:00

Croydondazz, on 22 March 2013 - 11:46 , said:

Hi, I mentioned earlier I am travelling up tonight to Nottingham and tomorrow we have 3 coaches with girls on leaving Croydon at 745am are we still expecting snow or have we had a downgrade

Upgrade, Amber warning now for Nottingham so Met office still expecting snow

Sorry tried to copy and paste reply? Don't know what happened

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Right its now gone from rain to Snow here now... and at 2.30ish pretty early in the day, though it might be a wait untill darkness when the temps dropped... just shows how cold it is out there... shame everything is wet though cant see much sticking for a while

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Was pessimistic last night but tonight in the Black Country, I think we will get a hammering tbh!!! Hope I'm proved right....best Synoptics for a long time

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Polar Maritime you getting the G&T'S out? Blizzard alert Blizzard alert

Im off for a snow swim with the mutt first before it get's to bad, will be interesting to see how big the drift's are further up the fields.. Then Im hitting the G&T for the evening smiliz19.gif .

Winds are really starting to pick up now, snow very heavy with blizzard conditions. An amazing 24hrs coming up !

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

First few flakes just reached here from the south.

And yes its stated as snow.

Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think it will be hard pushed to turn to snow here!

Posted

Got between 7-8 cm last night this morning still a partial covering of 4 cm on places , I'm at 500ft asl so would I be right in assuming 20 cm over the next 24/36 hours ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Snowing in Belper, its fairly light at the moment but blowing in the wind and definitely all snow.

Posted

Crossover from Welsh thread - I'm in the Ceiriog Valley where we have over a foot of snow, not seen it like this since I used to live in Hognaston in the early '80s and used to walk into Wirksworth or Ashbourne for supplies! I remember then that an early Shrovetide used to followed, sometimes, by blazing hot sunshine for Easter and then snow for Flash point to point (or poss other way round).

Was a bit worried for me mam in Hoggy, but phoned her and she and neighbour have tottered down to the Red Lion for "Ladies who Lunch", so she'll be fine!biggrin.png

same as chirk ..they have about 8-10 inches we are just across the border near Ellesmere and have roughly 4 inches with lots more to come :-)

Posted

Astonishingly the ground is now dry. If it falls as just snow from the off then that is perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Very heavy snow here now in Brassington, big flakes and looks like it could get nasty here soon.... oh a foot of snow would be great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Light snow here at East Midlands Airport.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Considering the 850's are meant to be at there highest now I'm very surprised to be report wet snow , my elevation helps but thought I was far to far south is early on . Hears to a snowy night !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ground is drying nicely up here, be nice if we had another couple of hours dry weather so things could really dry off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

quite heavy snow here jus sttarted. Villa park out.

Posted

Belting down with snow here in South Staffs but if you go by the raintoday forecast precip its all past us by 6pm??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Belting down with snow here in South Staffs but if you go by the raintoday forecast precip its all past us by 6pm??

Thats wrong.

No surprise to see Leicester in the gap between west and east precipitation :p

Edited by kmanmx