Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Area coming in from france looks interesting.....turning to snow?

http://www.meteorada...rain-snow-sleet

I'll go look out the window and let you know, but I must warn you, I think the reason I can't hear rain is because it is dry at the min.

Posted

Please don't look at that, it's rubbish.

Ah, I know..just a bit of fun. My NW Extra subscription ran out two days ago, I think this snow risk is just a ploy to get another £3.49 out of me :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's been snowing wet sloppy stuff here for ages and not sticking so I'm 50/50 at the moment on waking up to a white scene or a slushy mess - I'm certainly not staying up to watch my lamp post all night !

Temperature 1.1 °C

Dew Point 0.2 °C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yup, a slushy mix on the car here. Some wet flakes a while back has eased off now... Temperature 1.8c Dewpoint 1c.

Posted

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Greater London, Kent & Medway

Yellow Warning of Snow for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

A slow-moving band of rain, sleet and snow will continue to affect many central parts of the UK during Saturday. Further significant snow accumulations are likely on hills, with continued drifting and blizzard conditions in the strong southeasterly winds. At lower levels, some areas could see 5-10 cm of snow, though details on locations most at risk remains very uncertain at this stage.

The public should be aware of the continued risk of significant disruption.

This updates the warning issued earlier on Friday, reflecting the increased likelihood of accumulations of 2-5 cm of snow on higher ground around London and Kent during Saturday, and some temporary accumulations of 1-2 cm at low-levels.

Issued at:

2216 on Fri 22 Mar 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

A frontal system remains slow-moving across central and northwestern parts of the UK during Saturday, again giving some significant snowfall, particularly across high ground. The risk of disruptive snowfall looks to spread further south and east across England than on Friday, though in these areas conditions will be more marginal for snow, with perhaps rain and sleet becoming more prevalent at times.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=F529C97F-8ACB-64AC-8969-8CDA9666B7F2_5_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1363996800

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I am not a fan of yellow snow warnings...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Sums up winter IMBY 2012-13, certainly not expecting anything different this time now we are in spring!

On a personal note, I think the lack of Steve Murr's posts this time around in this thread sum it up for this little neck of the woods... no chance of any form of settling snow. Roll on warmth (hopefully in 2013!!)

well would have to disagree to apoint, i hold mr murr,s interactive knowledge in high regards.However with current apply and/or develop,i would have to suggest,regardless of the current viewing outside your abode, there is with ad again current evolve ample for the unexpected(in snowfall etc) to take some with suprise...to say the least...and fully expected the fruition.(at least for many). :-0.

Posted

another quality gfs pub run

MT8_London_ens.png

pleasantry.gif

So who decided to go blindfold and draw with a green crayon all over the ensembles, surely not you Mr Pike.. tut tut lol

Posted

So who decided to go blindfold and draw with a green crayon all over the ensembles, surely not you Mr Pike.. tut tut lol

so thats where my surrealist art work went try to upload it to my portfolio

Posted

bit extreme????? rofl.gif

sorry i will behave tomorrowdrinks.gif

Posted

so thats where my surrealist art work went try to upload it to my portfolio

Haha!

Was just going to run in the street and wear this top! is_it_snowing_yet_t.jpg?height=160&width

Posted

settled cm or so outside on grassy and car surfaces. lets get it on!

edit: in all seriousness, anything from only a couple of cms to 10cms is possible for MBY tomorrow, so we'll keep our fingers crossed and look outside and the radar. thats the only thing for it now really.

Edited by ITSY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

light rain here

temp 4c

dp 3.5

1 mile inland. 96 meters ASL

Edited by kingdeacon

Posted

well would have to disagree to apoint, i hold mr murr,s interactive knowledge in high regards.However with current apply and/or develop,i would have to suggest,regardless of the current viewing outside your abode, there is with ad again current evolve ample for the unexpected(in snowfall etc) to take some with suprise...to say the least...and fully expected the fruition.(at least for many). :-0.

And that means in grammatical English? Or am I exposed to an irony that has gone over my head? unsure.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I sponsor the Rare Breeds Trust, might get them to add spring and summer to their list.

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

pleasantry.gif

or the alternative version......

post-10773-0-05909900-1363998565_thumb.j

Posted

settled cm or so outside on grassy and car surfaces. lets get it on!

Are you in Cambridge or Leeds when you posted that?

Posted

And that means in grammatical English? Or am I exposed to an irony that has gone over my head? unsure.png

I think what T.I meant was that she likes steve murr knowledge and informative posting, and that we can expect the unexpected, just putting it more poshly lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Nick Miller on BBC News 24 just said for Saturday late morning/afternoon: "For London, we are going to see a spell of snow into the afternoon which could see some temporary accumulations".

Slowly seeming to get better for snow for us Londoners!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Greater London, Kent & Medway

Yellow Warning of Snow for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

A slow-moving band of rain, sleet and snow will continue to affect many central parts of the UK during Saturday. Further significant snow accumulations are likely on hills, with continued drifting and blizzard conditions in the strong southeasterly winds. At lower levels, some areas could see 5-10 cm of snow, though details on locations most at risk remains very uncertain at this stage.

The public should be aware of the continued risk of significant disruption.

This updates the warning issued earlier on Friday, reflecting the increased likelihood of accumulations of 2-5 cm of snow on higher ground around London and Kent during Saturday, and some temporary accumulations of 1-2 cm at low-levels.

Issued at:

2216 on Fri 22 Mar 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

A frontal system remains slow-moving across central and northwestern parts of the UK during Saturday, again giving some significant snowfall, particularly across high ground. The risk of disruptive snowfall looks to spread further south and east across England than on Friday, though in these areas conditions will be more marginal for snow, with perhaps rain and sleet becoming more prevalent at times.

http://www.metoffice...Time=1363996800

MT8_London_ens.png

pleasantry.gif

So lamp post/ Look out the window it is then. lol...........

Bugger.

Street Lights gone out. . . . . . .I wonder when the Government will introduce snow watching tax, There taxing everything else, Wont be long i guess.