Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring Model Discussion 25th March 2013 012z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

That's -8 :) Incredible to see this really, something is definitely up...

April fools day brings -88 uppers into Northern England / Southern Scotland smiliz39.gif

gfs-1-114.png?18

Posted

April fools day brings -88 uppers into Northern England / Southern Scotland smiliz39.gif

gfs-1-114.png?18

-88°C uppers eh!..... now that's more like it......none of this -8 rubbish heatwave that we have now.. cold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Colder GFS run this time in the mid-range, no surprise tbh.

I think our only hope for milder weather might have to be something extreme.....

73230954.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Better orientation of the HP to the north on the 18z out to 144hrs

gfs-0-144.png?18

keeps the mild uppers further south so no encroachment into southern areas as with the 12z

gfs-1-144.png?18

Tentative signs of some possible snow approaching from the SW at 156hrs?

gfs-0-156.png?18

good.gif

Edited by Purga

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

gfs-1-114.png?18

April fool for gavin pmsl, only joking gavin matey, spring will arrive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Coldest uppers starting to leave via the south

ECM0-192.GIF?27-0

ECH1-192.GIF?27-0

ECM0-216.GIF?27-0

ECH1-216.GIF?27-0

Looking at this from a hemispherical point of Vue, gives you a great perspective of what's going on I mean look at the 850 hpa temp over Moscow on April 5th and then look at Barcelona its the same, if that verified then something is up climatically is it not?

Posted

No sign of any major change from the latest NAEFS even way out at 360 hrs with below average

temperatures for the UK and Europe.

Posted

The above is supported out to day 15 or so by ECMWF-GFS and NOAA 500mb anomaly charts. All show no sign so far of any Atlantic dominated upper air pattern at the latitude of the UK.

It really is a fairly unique situation I would think for this time of the year altough someone may be able to show another year(s) when something similar occurred.

Here it has snowed on 12 days, mostly very slight but lying on 5 days when the average for lying snow is 1, the mean temperature is 3.4C when the average is 5.9C, so it does seem a fairly unusual spell for March.

Posted

Easterly locked in well and truly beyond the reliable. No way out of here for a long long time.

gfsnh-0-288.png?18

Posted

The above is supported out to day 15 or so by ECMWF-GFS and NOAA 500mb anomaly charts. All show no sign so far of any Atlantic dominated upper air pattern at the latitude of the UK.

It really is a fairly unique situation I would think for this time of the year altough someone may be able to show another year(s) when something similar occurred.

Here it has snowed on 12 days, mostly very slight but lying on 5 days when the average for lying snow is 1, the mean temperature is 3.4C when the average is 5.9C, so it does seem a fairly unusual spell for March.

Your favourite charts are pretty damned solid on no return to any mild or warm for a long time

610day.03.gif

814day.03.gif

Unanimous from GFS / ECM mean charts as well

test8.gif

Nuff said. smile.png

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

I don't think anyone is going to thank me for saying this, but i think the 18Z Ens are colder than the 12Z's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Essentially, all the models saying "as you were" for the foreseeable future. Truly is astonishing stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Easterly locked in well and truly beyond the reliable. No way out of here for a long long time.

gfsnh-0-288.png?18

The intriguing thing for me is that GFS FI repeatedly suggests another surge of cold air pouring into Europe. Will be interesting to see if we can tap into it.

CFS says yes.....850s anomaly for April.....

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

The intriguing thing for me is that GFS FI repeatedly suggests another surge of cold air pouring into Europe. Will be interesting to see if we can tap into it.

CFS says yes.....850s anomaly for April.....

Another awesome chart CC - it just goes on & on.ohmy.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I love extreme weather but how long can this go on for!?

cfs-0-228.png?12cfs-0-282.png?12cfs-0-336.png?12cfs-0-384.png?12cfs-2-384.png?12

The cold literally stay with us until the 13th of April with -4C uppers being the warmest! On this run the cold would have lasted us 456hrs (19days)!

After all that we then enter a period of sunny and dry weather for 11 days:

cfs-0-540.png?12cfs-0-576.png?12cfs-0-636.png?12cfs-0-714.png?12cfs-0-744.png?12

You would think the cold would be over with us? think again!

cfs-0-882.png?12cfs-2-882.png?12

cfs-0-978.png?12cfs-2-978.png?12

That CFS run is extreme! -8C right down the spine of the country on the 7th of May! Mad! I dont know what economical and social effects that run would have on the Uk if it occured!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I love extreme weather but how long can this go on for!?

cfs-0-228.png?12cfs-0-282.png?12cfs-0-336.png?12cfs-0-384.png?12cfs-2-384.png?12

The cold literally stay with us until the 13th of April with -4C uppers being the warmest! On this run the cold would have lasted us 456hrs (19days)!

After all that we then enter a period of sunny and dry weather for 11 days:

cfs-0-540.png?12cfs-0-576.png?12cfs-0-636.png?12cfs-0-714.png?12cfs-0-744.png?12

You would think the cold would be over with us? think again!

cfs-0-882.png?12cfs-2-882.png?12

cfs-0-978.png?12cfs-2-978.png?12

That CFS run is extreme! -8C right down the spine of the country on the 7th of May! Mad! I dont know what economical and social effects that run would have on the Uk if it occured!

Don't forget the County Council elections are on the 2nd May. Could have a bad effect on the 'greenest government ever' and any other candidate which still believes in that tosh.

Even our neighbour a farmer is talking Little Ice Age. He's lost his wheat crop for one reason or another for the past three years.

Posted

Good agreement this morning from the ECM and GFS with regard to the continuation of easterlies as we look towards the end of next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Good agreement this morning from the ECM and GFS with regard to the continuation of easterlies as we look towards the end of next week.

And beyond. At the bottom of you post it talks about having enough and can you stop zonality. The easterly zonality??!!!!