Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia...

post-10773-0-97850800-1364506758_thumb.j

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweat...34#entry2669634

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Come on lets at least have some snow in kent. Sick of boring cold

Posted

But really peeps,

Isn't this same old dross awful? I LOVE snow, but enough of this awful cold and grey misery.

The Met O said today it should warm up by the end of May????????????????

Shall we block book a flight to somewhere warm and alcoholic? good.gif

Posted

Today has, for me, veered between stunning (6:30 am, not a breath of wind, clear skies, frost on the ground, amazing January day) and really blinkin' (apologies for rude language) annoying with cold grey skies, persistent easterly wind, largely pointless snow grains blown around on a drying pseudo gale that has done very little for my complexion! Mind you, a number of years of the odd beer or 3 is probably more to blame than the wind.

Never mind, the easterly should blow us to West Wales tomorrow quicker than normal and the north and west facing beaches should be a good bet for some shelter and some local sunshine. I suspect we will be blown right to the door of the local fish and chip shop and... well... it would be rude not to.

I'll drop in with the odd report from the west coast over the next 10 days or so, but happy Easter all and I hope you get the weather, and other stuff, for which you are looking.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Today has, for me, veered between stunning (6:30 am, not a breath of wind, clear skies, frost on the ground, amazing January day) and really blinkin' (apologies for rude language) annoying with cold grey skies, persistent easterly wind, largely pointless snow grains blown around on a drying pseudo gale that has done very little for my complexion! Mind you, a number of years of the odd beer or 3 is probably more to blame than the wind.

Never mind, the easterly should blow us to West Wales tomorrow quicker than normal and the north and west facing beaches should be a good bet for some shelter and some local sunshine. I suspect we will be blown right to the door of the local fish and chip shop and... well... it would be rude not to.

I'll drop in with the odd report from the west coast over the next 10 days or so, but happy Easter all and I hope you get the weather, and other stuff, for which you are looking.

AS

I just don't know how 'blinkin' wasn't effected by the swear filter, might have to write a formal complaint to Paul. nonono.gif

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

I just don't know how 'blinkin' wasn't effected by the swear filter, might have to write a formal complaint to Paul. nonono.gif

Sorry. I can only flippin' apologise!

Guest bjaykent

But really peeps,

Isn't this same old dross awful? I LOVE snow, but enough of this awful cold and grey misery.

The Met O said today it should warm up by the end of May????????????????

Shall we block book a flight to somewhere warm and alcoholic? good.gif

I feel a bit sorry for those flying off to the Med for Easter with that Jet stream right over them instead of us, looks wet and not very warm, mind you the alcohol bit sounds gooddrinks.gif ! Happy Easter break to all, wherever you may be!smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Sorry. I can only flippin' apologise!

You are officially stepping the line of obscenity now AP blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Is this cold, dry, flow some kind of purgatory imposed on us snow lovers? They say be careful what you wish for and we all wished it was cold enough for snow, but we forgot to check the small print. It is certainly cold enough, with low dewpoints, but who would have thought that it could mean days and days of cold dry grey weather where the mearest hint of a snow grain gets us overly excited? The appearance of the sun today on my cycle to work somehow convinced me that spring had arrived since it was probably about 4c which, after recent conditions, felt considerably toasty (at least it is not raining)

Edited by dubmuffin

Posted

Hello :) thought it was about time I did my first post, have been a long time lurker reading all your posts with interest!

That's a big old blob on the radar heading towards Kent is it not?!

Posted

gonna post this

remember 18z pub run etc

gfs-0-276.png?18

gfs-1-276.png?18

gfs-12-276.png?18

gfs-2-240.png?18

gfs-2-252.png?18

gfs-2-264.png?18

gfs-2-276.png?18

gfs-2-288.png?18

this cold weather is a nuisance

at least if we got some snow it would be more interesting

not saying this is right but fascinating seeing these in april

a chart for the 11th

gfs-0-336.png?18

gfs-2-336.png?18

gfs-9-336.png?18

dry and a bit warmer

long way to go but will keep my eye on this

Guest bjaykent

Well GFS 18z cold and dry, no surprises there, accu charts only showing 1/2 mm to 192 hrs!

post-16390-0-45197700-1364511042_thumb.g

Should never have let that chicken in the rabbit hutch when it was cold unsure.pngohmy.png

post-16390-0-15505500-1364511060_thumb.j

Posted

Hello Jonathon,

Not sure if *blob* will do anything. What do other peeps think?

hi jan

these are showers this time

just have to watch now

also hi jonathan

another john (jon)

welcome to the fun house drinks.gif

Posted

Just goes on and on John.

I never, ever thought I would say this, but.........................bring on the Atlantic. Yes we will get shedloads of rain, but at least it will feel milder

Posted

On RainToday it seems there are 2 "blobs", one sliding too far South, but the other looks as though it'll make landfall? Both seem to be growing in size too.

Posted

Hello smile.png thought it was about time I did my first post, have been a long time lurker reading all your posts with interest!

That's a big old blob on the radar heading towards Kent is it not?!

Yes it is I have to get up for work at 4am and had hoped it would be over us by now...acute.gif by the way welcome to a fellow Oysterman...born and bred in Whitstable.acute.gif

Posted

Just goes on and on John.

I never, ever thought I would say this, but.........................bring on the Atlantic. Yes we will get shedloads of rain, but at least it will feel milder

hi jan

what we want is the azores high to come to play

snag is the jet

the thing which is really noticeable as well are the cold sea temps

how will this effect the summer?

not sure but i am certain it will not help