IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

sst_anom.gif

snag is about 2 degrees below average in the north sea

and around 1 degree in the channel

with no warm up signals how cold can this get?

Another question is finding it's way to me with this anomerly chart, there are 2 areas that seem to be coming from the gulf, one is warmer then usual heading up the USA coast up to greenland, The other colder then normal going to portugal. The one going up the American coast, is it the gulf stream, if so the northern part of it is in the wrong place. I do understand that this is an anomerly chart and isn't showing the flows of the ocean, it's just that that anomaly does seem to follow the normal gulf stream position up the american coast.

Posted

Well last summer when we had a truly awful time, the likes of mid and northern Norway had a fantastic summer. I remember being in Trondheim in a glorious 25C mid May one year (I think 2006) when the jet stream was bang over us. So if the jet never returns north - eventually good conditions will pursue - a gradual warming process. If we go from this, to a raging Atlantic (unlikely) - and May is usually a fairly benign month - but noted for easterlies - west is best - northeast sea mist (lovely in Lancaster, rubbish in Middlesbrough), the weather patterns are surely cocked up. A crappy summer will have us wanting to leave the UK!!!

its funny

but if the pattern locks for summer and europe warms up it could be a look east for warmth

thats why i want them sea temps to go up now

fascinating seeing this as i have got no clue what happens next

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Today has, for me, veered between stunning (6:30 am, not a breath of wind, clear skies, frost on the ground, amazing January day) and really blinkin' (apologies for rude language) annoying with cold grey skies, persistent easterly wind, largely pointless snow grains blown around on a drying pseudo gale that has done very little for my complexion! Mind you, a number of years of the odd beer or 3 is probably more to blame than the wind.

Never mind, the easterly should blow us to West Wales tomorrow quicker than normal and the north and west facing beaches should be a good bet for some shelter and some local sunshine. I suspect we will be blown right to the door of the local fish and chip shop and... well... it would be rude not to.

I'll drop in with the odd report from the west coast over the next 10 days or so, but happy Easter all and I hope you get the weather, and other stuff, for which you are looking.

AS

Try Waitrose's Baby Bottom cream… it's amazing in this weather and only costs about £3. Before I go out I put some on my face and hands and it stops your skin drying out. All the expensive moisturisers are useless compared to this stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The beauty of this weather though is I still haven't cut the grass since the 1st week of October. And its likely to be 3rd week of April before I have to consider that chore. Some bloke down the pub told me grass doesn't grow below 6C. He is green fingered and about 75, so is probably right(!?).

\

Yes he's absolutely correct. Below a minimum night time temperature of 6ºC, grass won't grow. We've got two acres of the stuff so it saves a lot of petrol money for the mower. Another good thing is that the cold is keeping the fruit blossom from flowering — last March it was boiling and it all came out only to be zapped in May and nothing got pollinated.

I've nearly used up all the bottled or frozen fruit from 2011, so need this year to be a good one.

Posted

Just in from a night out..been snowing on and off the last couple of hours, nothing much but snow all the same :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

The longer the Channel and the north Sea are cold the less chance of summer imports.

Posted

ukmo 00z

shows this for saturday as per ecm last night

UW30-21.GIF?29-04

UW30-7.GIF?29-04

UW30-594.GIF?29-04

UW36-21.GIF?29-04

UW36-7.GIF?29-04

UW36-594.GIF?29-04

UW42-21.GIF?29-04

UW42-7.GIF?29-04

UW42-594.GIF?29-04

nothing major but precipitation showing for saturday which was not on ukmo yesterday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Only 5 insomniacs on here at 6am. The current wether is like sitting at traffic lights that are stuck on red.

Posted

UK Outlook for Tuesday 2 Apr 2013 to Thursday 11 Apr 2013:

The start of April is likely to be largely dry for most of the United Kingdom with only isolated wintry showers mainly affecting northern and eastern areas. Cloud cover will vary across the country, with western areas most likely to see any sunshine. It will remain cold with widespread overnight frosts. As we move further into April there is a chance of wintry showers and strong winds affecting south and southeastern England. There are indications of a change to more unsettled weather towards the middle of the month, although this change is likely to be gradual and many areas will retain the cold and dry weather. Temperatures are likely to become a little less cold, although they will probably still be below average for the time of year.

Updated: 1127 on Thu 28 Mar 2013

will it ever end??!!!.............

Posted

UK Outlook for Tuesday 2 Apr 2013 to Thursday 11 Apr 2013:

The start of April is likely to be largely dry for most of the United Kingdom with only isolated wintry showers mainly affecting northern and eastern areas. Cloud cover will vary across the country, with western areas most likely to see any sunshine. It will remain cold with widespread overnight frosts. As we move further into April there is a chance of wintry showers and strong winds affecting south and southeastern England. There are indications of a change to more unsettled weather towards the middle of the month, although this change is likely to be gradual and many areas will retain the cold and dry weather. Temperatures are likely to become a little less cold, although they will probably still be below average for the time of year.

Updated: 1127 on Thu 28 Mar 2013

will it ever end??!!!.............

hi bobby

see they are going with ecm

ECM1-120.GIF?29-12

ECM1-144.GIF?29-12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning guys and gals,

And a good Good Friday to you all. Does anybody else keep thinking its saturday?

Those members in E.Kent could be waking up to a bit of a surprise, in a while!

temp2_1h.png

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

Morning guys and gals,

And a good Good Friday to you all. Does anybody else keep thinking its saturday?

temp2_1h.png

morning tom

hope your well

been watching this and seems that they have had some now (not sure how much though)

been thinking it will shift further west but seems to be taking its time about it

http://www.sat24.com/nl?ir=True

Posted

hi bobby

see they are going with ecm

ECM1-120.GIF?29-12

ECM1-144.GIF?29-12

hi john, looks like we are stuck in this pattern for the forseeable. only a hint of a very gradual breakdown by the middle of april!

Posted

Morning guys and gals,

temp2_1h.png

Hi Tom just driven into London fron East Kent and when I left 04:30 there had been no snow over night but was just starting to snow very lightly,nowhere was below 1c !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Only 5 insomniacs on here at 6am. The current wether is like sitting at traffic lights that are stuck on red.

(-; yes.. when will it change - Cold and dry for the foreseeable but if the atlantic weather gets here will we have a gradual warm up or a 'show down' of warm hitting cold producing winters last blast?

The nice thing about this recent snowy cold spell is that the snow (if you had any) has slowly disappeared and not turned to slush over many days. A lovely crisp morning today with the suns light warming the spirits for sure.

I'm hoping for one last dramatic blast in April then a sudden warm up into proper spring/summer... but hey I'm a dreamer (-:

Posted

Hi Tom just driven into London fron East Kent and when I left 04:30 there had been no snow over night but was just starting to snow very lightly,nowhere was below 1c !

hi bp

started after you left rofl.gif

Posted

hi john, looks like we are stuck in this pattern for the forseeable. only a hint of a very gradual breakdown by the middle of april!

hi mate

problem is the warmer stuff is always in fi

until it picks up in the reliable this is like us chasing cold in the winters of old

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

morning tom

hope your well

been watching this and seems that they have had some now (not sure how much though)

been thinking it will shift further west but seems to be taking its time about it

http://www.sat24.com/nl?ir=True

Hi John,

Yes, quite a shower train there, coming off the coast of the Frisian Islands but seems to break up as it heads towards Kent, possibly due to those below average temps, in the southern North Sea.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

Can confirm in dartfotd the very lightest of snow covering (even that's an exaggeration) on my black car. Think the flurry must have been around 6, on looking again this now seems to be melting or blowing away.