Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

21.5C up here today! Warmest since 9th August last year when the temperature reached 21.9C. And staggeringly it’s the second warmest day since....erm.....24th May last year when it reached 23.1C!

Minimum was 12.2C yesterday. Double digits! That’s the first double-digit minimum I’ve recorded here since…..can you believe it, 7th September!!

Posted

Today was probably just a brief blip. It is looking not too bad for rest of the week possibly?

Posted

Might not be raining but it's quite dark outside also it's really humid

Just had a can of baked beans, so a local storm a brewing. blum.gif

Cracking day, was looking forward to a good storm, but happy with the warmth and calm instead. Hope it stays like this for moving day in 2 weeks time.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

can anyone tell me how i send a personal pic from my computer to someone in here via a private message

Posted

Some seriously stunning clouds scapes on my flight from Edinburgh this evening. Once we got above the cloud you could see big towering cells everywhere. Maybe not much action on the ground but great to see from above.

Posted

Joint warmest day of 2013 with a high of 22C. Other than Saturday, there has been an improvement during recent days compared to earlier this month. In recent weeks, vedgetation has recovered but all in all this has been a really odd Spring this year with a profoundly cold theme. March was amazing from a weather and snow enthusiasts perspective, April was fairly similar to last year (not a bad month overall, but it felt weird with the absence of Spring) and for this month, it would have been nice to have had some more warm and sunny days. Here's to a long, warm and sunny for Scotland.      

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

can anyone tell me how i send a personal pic from my computer to someone in here via a private message

Not sure if you can attach pics to PMs, perhaps upload image to a Photobucket account and send the person the image URL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

thoughts out to everyone in oklahoma city CNN saying a 2 mile wide EF4 tornado tore the place apart theres reports on CNN that 200,000 people were in its path and it leveled a primary school and hit a hospital and movie theatre looks pretty horrific could be many people dead from this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22604251

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/20/us/severe-weather/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Moore Tornado, simply devastating had the displeasure of viewing it in real time. Heartfelt condolences go out to those affected, simply dreadful for those parents of those kiddies at that school.

Moore is a very Tornado savvy area and this spawned up the gears very, very quickly, EF4 looking like EF5 at points and a mile wide, all the weather services do all they can to avoid casualties with extended warnings however it would seem sometimes even forewarned the impact is too great to be avoided. Really sad, some horrific real time reports and imagery out there.

This morning sees the mugginess from yesterday clear through, a very bright start, been a while since we have seen skies like this here. A beautiful sad day beckons.

post-7292-0-02463000-1369118479_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Well although we had nothunder and lightening in Lochgelly we did have some impressive rainfall. Surprised me how quickly it developed, one moment i was driving in sunshine looking at a development and then 20 mins later really heavy rain was punding the car and soaking the missus as she got in (a good day then lol).

Lovely sunny and fresher morning today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Morning all!

Went to bed early, only to discover the devastating news about Oklahoma. Some very sad stories emerging, and thoughts especially for those poor wee children, and their poor parents. 

We do grumble about our weather, but we are very lucky that we don't have to live with some of the more extreme weather phenomenon that exists in other parts of the world.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I suppose we watch in awe, and excitement to an extent, at the power of extreme weather, whether it's a snowstorm, thunderstorm, tornado or even a hurricane. Sometimes though it has devastating effects on those directly affected, as yesterdays events demonstrated. No matter how much I like extreme weather I never want to have to pick up the pieces like those in Oklahoma

are going to have to try to do.

Back to things closer to home and it's a return to cool, cloudy, breezy conditions this morning. Not in the mood to moan about it today though as it's benign and safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Moore Tornado, simply devastating had the displeasure of viewing it in real time. Heartfelt condolences go out to those affected, simply dreadful for those parents of those kiddies at that school.

Moore is a very Tornado savvy area and this spawned up the gears very, very quickly, EF4 looking like EF5 at points and a mile wide, all the weather services do all they can to avoid casualties with extended warnings however it would seem sometimes even forewarned the impact is too great to be avoided. Really sad, some horrific real time reports and imagery out there.

This morning sees the mugginess from yesterday clear through, a very bright start, been a while since we have seen skies like this here. A beautiful sad day beckons.

attachicon.gifIMAG0694.jpg

Indeed a beautiful and a sad day, lets hope at least that the chasers and forecasters can learn something from this tragic weather event  leads to a greater understanding and a greater chance of saving lives in the future.