Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

A little cloud around but sunny spells. Overnight low was -0.3c here, -4c in Leuchars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Sunny and 6.4 C. Very spring-like.

Just perfect for this sort of thing.

Seems the Easter bunny has been while the wee one was in the bath. smile.png

post-9421-0-59746100-1364723485_thumb.jp

post-9421-0-36314200-1364723500_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

-3C overnight, now 6C & full sun. This easter bunny is trying to dig some new ground for this year's potatoes. Also we still have a small heap of snow in a shady corner from Thursday morning which defies physics by not melting. Maybe it has its own snawshield inverter tease.gif

Posted

6 celsius according to my phone. That's the warmest it's been for a long time!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

nice and sunny over the last few days not wall to wall though there has been some cloud rolling about at times and with little wind about its does feel really nice even venturing out with just a t-shirt on and not been able to do that in a while

should add there was jeans on aswell wasnt just a t-shirt and nothing else lol

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

forgot the clocks went forward lastnight been sat the last hour thinking the models werent going to roll out rofl.gif

Posted

Anyone been up to glenshee this weekend?heading up tomorrow for a slide and wondered what the snow conditions were like? Bullet proof or actually really nice?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Brilliant clear start to the day here, deep overnight frost and still some small patches of snow cover left in the shaded parts of the garden.

Will be interesting to see how late it stays light this evening, currently the usual overcast grey, although yesterday afternoon caught these clouds out the back, not mammatus but perhaps a relation of some kind.

post-7292-0-22347600-1364748440_thumb.jp

A couple of CFS forecasts generated over the last 14 days looking at April conditions, cold appears to continue in the immediate before something more traditional mid month perhaps 10th -15th onwards..

post-7292-0-41639200-1364748489_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-47746600-1364748495_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-35503100-1364748512_thumb.pn

Have a Happy Easter ab'dy !

Posted

Brilliant clear start to the day here, deep overnight frost and still some small patches of snow cover left in the shaded parts of the garden.

Will be interesting to see how late it stays light this evening, currently the usual overcast grey, although yesterday afternoon caught these clouds out the back, not mammatus but perhaps a relation of some kind.

post-7292-0-22347600-1364748440_thumb.jp

A couple of CFS forecasts generated over the last 14 days looking at April conditions, cold appears to continue in the immediate before something more traditional mid month perhaps 10th -15th onwards..

post-7292-0-41639200-1364748489_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-47746600-1364748495_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-35503100-1364748512_thumb.pn

Have a Happy Easter ab'dy !

Looks like mammatus I think, no expert but don't think there's anything else quite like it.

Done half the digging, finished with my old pullover still on which was an indication of how cold it was despite bright sun. Frigid & baltic spring (ahem) to mind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

I thought it was mammatus, but then thought - how !???

Posted

I thought it was mammatus, but then thought - how !???

Yeah... miscreant eh? No frontal activity recently!

Just had some very vivid pink bits at sunset here, somealmost fooled me into thinking 'nacreous' for a few seconds...

Posted

Was nice to walk the dogs at half 8 tonight and it not being pitch black!

Posted

Fantastic sunny day. Did a bit of stone picking this afternoon my favourite job. Areas of north facing ground in shelter of dykes or trees were frozen hard in spite of temperatures reaching a maximum of 6c. Had a visit from some neighbouring sheep and they decided to stay with ours must be better hay here.

Posted

Been a quiet weekend by comparison, had a nice covering of snaw as weekend arrived, but has now all but gone.

Thursday........

post-2849-0-85953600-1364761095_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-25719400-1364761097_thumb.jp

Spent today in glorious sunshine at Auchengarrich, still plenty of snaw about....

post-2849-0-41200700-1364761098_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-93900600-1364761090_thumb.jp

Kilt wool nearly ready

post-2849-0-86943800-1364761095_thumb.jp

Drive hame

post-2849-0-21026400-1364761097_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-63602000-1364761098_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-61986700-1364761100_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-58999500-1364761101_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-27409500-1364761094_thumb.jp

Posted

Anyone been up to glenshee this weekend?heading up tomorrow for a slide and wondered what the snow conditions were like? Bullet proof or actually really nice?!

Really, really nice. Was up yesterday and despite feeling warm and sunny no melt even on sunnyside. Discovered my son is a powder hound as I couldn't keep him on piste on SS. Great day and snow fantastic if nearly tracked out.

Posted

Fantastic sunny day. Did a bit of stone picking this afternoon my favourite job. Areas of north facing ground in shelter of dykes or trees were frozen hard in spite of temperatures reaching a maximum of 6c. Had a visit from some neighbouring sheep and they decided to stay with ours must be better hay here.

Currently -5c going to feel very warm when we get our first frost free night.

Posted

Currently -5c going to feel very warm when we get our first frost free night.

I should hope so considering it's going to be June!!! acute.gif

I do hope for the farmers it is a great summer and autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

I see Brian over on TWO has come up with an early April Fools!!

Winter freeze caused by polar ice cap shift

[updated 01:00 01/04/2013]

Scientists think they have identified the reason for the long cold winters the UK and Europe has been experiencing in recent years. A newly discovered phenomena called Polar Ice Cap Shift (PICS) which results in the South and North Pole both moving about 2700 miles over a short number of years is thought to be the culprit. The causes haven’t been identified, but could include global warming or solar activity. More exotic explanations are possible. One theory is that light and heat emissions from LED and LCD displays are disrupting the jet stream. British scientists say the North Pole is set to become centred over London within years. According to TheWeatherOutlook’s Bryan Glaze this would mean Little Ice Age conditions for the UK with frequent frost fairs on the River Thames lasting between October and April. For those looking to get on the property ladder it may not be bad news because London property prices could plunge as fast as temperatures. Confidence in PICS is high, but French scientists strongly dispute where it’s heading, saying their research shows it will become centred over Paris, not London. More soon... Buzz will be keeping an eye on the prospects in the coming days.

Or is it????

Posted

flooding has hit mauritius 152mm of rain fell in less than an hour thats a hell of a downpour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21989070

Currently -2.2ºC, we've still got about 80% snow cover in the garden with a few small patches of grass poking through. No snow yesterday for the first time in almost a fortnight, I think winter might almost be over :(:) :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

Arctic Oscillation and North Atlantic Oscillation indices are forecast to rise to positive value by mid month.

High pressure looks set to develop to the south whilst low pressure develops to the NW. The return of the Atlantic!

Posted

At the end of this week will either see a return of milder conditions or a renewed push of cold. Surprisingly it's the ECM that has the Atlantic pushing in with this being assisted by Azores high pressure that deflects the lows off the Atlantic north east and with it end of cold.

post-9135-0-31787000-1364801762_thumb.gi

UKMO and GFS are less progresssive with the Atlantic and allow enough of a block to form to to our west. If this played out there would be a decent chance of colder air flooding down from the north east.

post-9135-0-01662600-1364801791_thumb.gi

post-9135-0-71708500-1364801837_thumb.pn

It looks very much 50/50 at this stage.

Posted

Sunny bright start and currently -5c .Been very few April mornings over the decades that have started off so cold. With the increased frequency of N and E winds in the spring normally my prediction would be for the cold continuing but with a very slow warm up by day but frosts at night will severely retard spring growth. Not good news from a farming point of view.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

At the end of this week will either see a return of milder conditions or a renewed push of cold. Surprisingly it's the ECM that has the Atlantic pushing in with this being assisted by Azores high pressure that deflects the lows off the Atlantic north east and with it end of cold.

post-9135-0-31787000-1364801762_thumb.gi

UKMO and GFS are less progresssive with the Atlantic and allow enough of a block to form to to our west. If this played out there would be a decent chance of colder air flooding down from the north east.

post-9135-0-01662600-1364801791_thumb.gi

post-9135-0-71708500-1364801837_thumb.pn

It looks very much 50/50 at this stage.

Mathematically 33/66 ;)

Posted

Mathematically 33/66 tease.gif

My inner pedant would like to point out that 33+66= oh god shut up.

Heavy rain & severe overnight gales here. Currently 8C and rising quickly in our very localised micro-climate.

Edited by Hairy Celt