Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Is there job on internet about weather and meteorology?

Posted
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m

Hello all. I am wondering if there are or will be jobs on internet about weather and meteorology.

I have studied Electrical and Computer Engineering and I have a good level in mathematics, control systems - control engineering and computers - programming languages.

From my young ages I have liked very much weather, and now I have decided to reach in high altitudes in mountains. Hiking and Rock Climbing are my favorite activities. So, everything says me that it is necessary to increase my knowledge in weather and meteorology.

In the near future, my plan is to improve my knowledge about weather, meteorology, dynamic meteorlology, climate etc. I will "enrich" my glossary about weather - meteorology terminology and as soon as possible I will buy a weather multimeter (Kestrel 4500 http://www.kestrelme...0-weather-meter). And I hope I will begin my adventure in mountains and rivers (I have already began).

Is there chance to find job on internet about weather and meteorology? Will the chance be increased, for the reason that I have a good level in programming languages C, C++, Java, Pascal, Matlab, Mathematica and I know Android Development? That I know Greek, English and Russian will increase it?

What is your opinion about the present and about the future (the next 5 years)? Thank you.

Edited by Konstantinos