Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th April 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Even though its raining,still 10.8 degrees outside so compared to last 3 months its tropical!!Looking at models we in SE could be in for a nice dry spell from early next week with pleasent sunshine!!Roll on next week!!

Posted

Hi Reef

Just been for a walk with youngest and dog on Reigate Heath. At the high point by the windmill that contains a working church we stopped and looked north over the valley up to the North Downs, Betchworth and east of there towards Colley Hill. We could see lines of showers traversing the ridge west to east, swathes of rain grey against the brighter skies behind like a base layer wash of a watercolour. As we watched we were startled by a full-blown lightning strike, a vivid magnesium-burn white streak that dazzled even in broad daylight. The sound of the thunder rolled across the valley and then despite watching for another 15 minutes, the grey wash showers continued peacefully on their journeys. Arrived home to bright skies and yet within 5 minutes the sky had filled in, dark slate grey, and then it began to hail.

Sure knocks frigid dry easterlies into a (rain) hat....

AS

What a lovely description. Have made the lad stay in for now - we've baked an apple cake while watching the weather reports and the skies to see if we have any chance of making it out; he is rather disappointed to say the least. A lightning bolt came to ground a few years ago just outside the open doors of the sports hall where he was doing gymnastics - never forgotten the metallic smell and all the parents telling the kids to 'get inside'! Surbiton continues to have dark skies then heavy rain then clear then back to square one.

Posted

Why is it, when on a diet, and going out for a meal, you have an amazing desire to order caramalised pork fat, deep fried in breadcrumbs, smothered in a creamy cheese sauce....with chips of course! *shakes head in despair*

A medium shade of grey here, with no signs of T&L.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lot's of showers today, some heavy, not had thunder here yet though, unless the shower when I was shoping produced something.

Posted

Why is it, when on a diet, and going out for a meal, you have an amazing desire to order caramalised pork fat, deep fried in breadcrumbs, smothered in a creamy cheese sauce....with chips of course! *shakes head in despair*

A medium shade of grey here, with no signs of T&L.

1812652549_3e2e5b9f89.jpg

yum yum blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

My tortoise woke alive and kicking from hibernation today........!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Testing....

The heavy bursts of rain between the lighter rain definately felt convective.

I can feel storm season approaching. Let's hope for a long hot summer and some MCS overnighters of the old days!

Posted

A beautiful evening in Brighton - pale blue skies, silver/pewter clouds, sunshine, low tide. Looks like it has been dry here for the last few hours.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Just a couple of fairly brief showers whilst shopping in town later this afternoon and early evening - which was good. Sky is clearing and leading to a fine night to comesmile.png  Looking forward to a dry day on Sunday, hopefully with some sunshine to make my gardening even more enjoyablesmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hi all. Been a typical Aprils day today. Felt very pleasant in the sun, then blink and dark clouds were rolling in with massive downpours. We had one 15 min downpour which even produced some soft hail. I find its really nice that hopefully the cold winds have now gone, the temps are rising, but even more importantly the extra daylight. Hope you all managed a POETS day today. Have a good weekend all.

Posted

Questions for the mods. Are you going to close the reginal forums, or keep them open for the spring and summer months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Questions for the mods. Are you going to close the reginal forums, or keep them open for the spring and summer months.

They are open all year round to accommodate every persons preference in weather, be it snow and cold, dry and warm, wet and windy or hot and stormy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Thought I saw some lightning earlier?wasn't sure

Please be nice Sunday it's all arranged ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thought I saw some lightning earlier?wasn't sure

Please be nice Sunday it's all arranged tease.gif

I thought that as well but it might have been a speed camera flashing at me oops.gif

Posted

When are we doing another netweather meetup? sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

When are we doing another netweather meetup? sad.png

I know...we need to sort something or at least get ideas of where and when people would like to meet up and someone local to volunteer to organise it !!  

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

First semi decent weekend coming up weather wise and guess what...I am at work lol....seems like a pattern here ..missed most of the snow events due to working shifts. Might have to get up a bit earlier Sunday so I can show my white bald head a bit of sun !!! acute.gif 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

First semi decent weekend coming up weather wise and guess what...I am at work lol....seems like a pattern here ..missed most of the snow events due to working shifts. Might have to get up a bit earlier Sunday so I can show my white bald head a bit of sun !!! acute.gif

Don't think Sunday is going to be sunny, definitely very mild tho.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

I thought that as well but it might have been a speed camera flashing at me :oops:

That place does offers all year round I think,maybe go in the summer?

Posted

I reckon Floatylight should be the volunteer to show us around the Colchester pubs and bars! biggrin.png

Posted

They are open all year round to accommodate every persons preference in weather, be it snow and cold, dry and warm, wet and windy or hot and stormy.

Cheers mate. Hope that would be the case.