Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th April 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Phew what a scorcher !!

Over night low here was 11.3c and its aleady a very respectable 15c under partly cloudy skies. Have a great day folks. good.gif

Posted

Morning all!  It rained well in the night here.  The fields are all squelchy again.  And my it's blowing a hooley today. Lovely in the sunshine though and great for getting the washing dry. It's the little things, you see. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Ahhh yeah, mild breeze,sunshine, it feels like energy flooding back inside you.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

It felt warmer to wake up this morning, I usually wake up shivering!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

A lovely warm and sunny day, I'm loving it, a bit breezy though. Would be teashirt weather if it wasn't so windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It felt warmer to wake up this morning, I usually wake up shivering!

I don't believe it!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Must be living in another countrycray.gif.doh.gif  A dull very damp start and rain has only recently stopped. Still cloudy and slow to brighten up,,, So much for gardening plans so farrolleyes.gif

Posted

Left Brighton at about 11:30, car reading 12.5c, mostly grey but nice and bright.  A few miles inland and the reading was up to 19.5c.  Back home in Reigate it is 17.6c in the shade, the sun is out and people are out in their gardens and appear to be having what I think is called 'fun'!  it is very breezy though but still lovely.

Hope those under the grey skies get the sun this afternoon.

AS

Posted

Been lovely here, 19c in the shade in my garden, but that breeze reminded me of sitting on the beach on the south coast needing a wind break.

Bluebreezer you may have had hotter temps than SE London but it's dry here, just some high white clouds.

So nice to see blue sky and feel some warm sun again, 7 months is just too long to wait for it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Absolutely fantastic here,I'm in my shorts,Woohoo,be nice if it stayed like this till November,with rain at night.hope you're all having fun-in-the-sun.

Posted

Temp in my garden says 20 deg been wall to wall sunshine here today had the windows and doors open with a lovely breeze going through the house. Long may it continue this way we are well overdue the sun we are having.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just back home, from a weekend away.

I've got to say the weather is just superb here at the moment. Birds are singing, like a constant dawn chorus. smile.png Trees are suddenly alive with blossom.. smile.png

How people are wanting snowflakes later than now is bizarre to me. Horses for courses, I suppose, but as a nature lover, as much as a weather lover, late cold is just not wanted here. :)

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

No, I agree with Steve. We don't want anymore ruddy snow. It's been beautiful in Ippy today. Very warm and wall to wall sunshine.

My lot are back from Dartmoor and yesterday was a complete washout with rain and almost inpenatrable mist.

Hope you all had a good week-end. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Well done, the BBC, on Countryfile just now, for showing a Gainsborough picture of the Suffolk countryside, which actually showed St Mary's Church in Great Henny, Essex. I guess the BBC just associates Essex with the vacuous people from TOWIE etc. Great journalism Ellie Harrison! sad.png

Dreadful forecast from Louise Lear too. She made the upcoming week sound very poor, weatherwise, when actually we'll get a lot of usable weather in our region in reality. :)

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. A pretty damp and cloudy start to the day here. I thought here we go again. But come 11.30ish the wind had blown the gloominess away, and hay presto wall to wall sunshine, and a lovely warmth to the air. Driving to my sons friends 2nd birthday party I recorded 20c on the car temp gague. Not the most accurate, but nice anyway. Laters peeps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Seasonal

This is stupid: after weeks of single digit temps at best, it's currently 16c in Acle at 9pm! Silly temperatures - now where's the summer duvet??

This is stupid: after weeks of single digit temps at best, it's currently 16c in Acle at 9pm! Silly temperatures - now where's the summer duvet??

and to think a few weeks ago i was sitting here feeling cold, at least I can now calculate how much money I am saving on gas rather than how much I am spending

Posted

After a couple of hours in the garden this afternoon my face is all aglow, and not entirely due to the couple of beers I managed to sneak in.  Really felt wonderful to potter around in a t-shirt (fot those of a nervous disposition, not just a t-shirt), sit outside and read the papers, let the noise of the neighbours' very young children playing outside become a kind of background music, and watch our 10 and 12 year olds regress in age and become, albeit very briefly, sun-crazed toddlers again.  As for the 16 year old he seems to be allergic to the outdoors and sunlight but sadly was excellent today at causing a particulalry unpleasant plumbing situation* that did put a bit of a dampner (amongst other unmentionables) on the day!  Looks like the week ahead will be ok, a bit of rain, a bit of wind, mild, some sunshine and then possibly some high pressure building as the week goes on - I will take that.  Anyway, here is to the start of another week, hope it brings you what you want or at the very least doesn't bring you anything that you don't.

*I am wondering whether AS today stands for Armitage Shanks.......

AS

Posted

PPVE89.gif?31415

tomorrow

a breezy south west flow

looks pleasant again

staying dry and we should see the sun again

temps around 15-16 degrees

PPVG89.gif?31415

tomorrow night

a breezy south west wind

temps around 10 degrees

there look to be showers ,some heavy early morning poss thundery??

PPVI89.gif?31415

tuesday

more of a westerly flow so a tad cooler

after early am showers it looks dry again

temps 14-15 so still nice

PPVJ89.gif?31415

tuesday night

a gusty south west flow

starts dry but rain,some heavy moving up from the south overnight maybe a rumble or 2

temps 10-12 degrees

PPVK89.gif?31415

wednesday

a strong south westerly wind

a mixture of sunshine and heavy blustery showers

temps 13-15 degrees

PPVM89.gif?31415

thursday

breezy west to north west flow

temps a tad lower again

around 11-13 degrees

there could be some thundery rain late pm

PPVO89.gif?31415

friday

colder

a north west flow

some showers around but should die out quite quick

temps around 10-12 degrees

watch out friday night for fog and frost to return

12_UKMet_H500_PSL_96_144.gif?31415

saturday according to ukmo fax

has us under high pressure

slightly chilly flow but day temps around 15-17 degrees again and dry (not sure if sunny or cloudy at present)

watch again for fog and frost saturday night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Certainly done with winter now we've had such a beautiful, albeit, breezy day. Have a bit of a glow from the sun, two very happy children and a smiley spaniel .....happy days x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Woo hoo! Just found out that north Kent was hottest place in UK today my location was the worst for snow this winter but I'll take up the highest recorded temps heatwave challenge if we have any this summerdawith more optimism; -)

Edited by Kentspur