Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen
IGNORED

Wind Chill Index

Posted
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m

Hello. I have created a script on matlab which calculates the Wind Chill Index (its name: Wind_Chill_Index). It uses the first formula of wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_chill#North_American_and_UK_wind_chill_index

Please tell me your opinion.

Code:

fprintf ( 1,'Hello, I will calculate the Wind Chill Index of your position.\n' );tiyp=input('Please, give me the temperature of your position (degrees C):');fprintf ( 1, 'Thank you.\n' );wsiyp=input('Please, give me the Wind Speed of your position (Km/h):');fprintf ( 1, 'Thank you.\n' );wci=13.12+0.6215*tiyp-11.37*wsiyp^0.6+0.3965*tiyp*(wsiyp^0.6);fprintf('The Wind Chill Index of your position is %d degrees C\n', wci);

And a simple running:

>> Wind_Chill_IndexHello, I will calculate the Wind Chill Index of your position.Please, give me the temperature of your position (degrees C):23.5Thank you.Please, give me the Wind Speed of your position (Km/h):11Thank you.The Wind Chill Index of your position is 1.907426e+001 degrees C>> 

• Replies 0
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Archived