Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 7th May 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia...

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76366-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-12th-april-2013-1300hrs/page-40

Posted

Hmmm, a brand new fresh one to trash!!! yahoo.gif

Morning all,

Bit of a shock to be back at work this morning and with a million things to do, it might curtail my main purpose of the day which is being in here!! :lol:

Looks like another bright and warm one in our region today at least, when I get 5 mins I'll have a look at how we faired temperature-wise yesterday, as I think it could be as good or better today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Morning my location peaked at 20.3c  yesterday not exactly  Bermuda but nice all the same!  nice outside this morning can we beat yesterdays temp today...humm

Posted

Looks officially like we broke 22°C with a cracking 22.2°C in St James Park yesterday - well done to all those that had the lovely warm temps, I'm sure there were some local stations that showed a bit more than that too.

GFS going for 20°C today:

12_31.gif

Likewise Met O:

post-6667-0-17646700-1367911477_thumb.jp

But we all know that could creep up a bit. It's just a shame I'm looking at it through the glass of an office window, oh well back to life, back to reality :(

Posted

Is there a chance that a rogue thunderstorm will appear today. Or is the cap too strong today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Noooooooooo! Had such a lovely weekend, going back to work is torture!

Posted

Good morning all

I am noticing a trend.  On days when I have loads of meetings and therefore have to be in the office, the weather is lovely.  On days when I have no meetings and can therefore work at home the weather is poor.  To put this theory to the test, I have a day of meetings today (tick) and no meetings this coming Friday.  Let's see if the pattern holds!

AS

Posted

Is there a chance that a rogue thunderstorm will appear today. Or is the cap too strong today

It's going to be very rogue if it happens and more likely if you are up in the Cumbria/Scottish border area:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76121-uk-general-convective-discussion-forecasts-13th-march-2013-onwards/page-17#entry2690336

Some CAPE in the home counties, but as you say the cap may inhibit this and I'm not sure there is enough of the other ingredients to give us anything worthwhile.

Posted

My gawd, it was a struggle to get up this morning to come to work!

Lovely a sunny here by the Southbank - I think I might make the most of it and take a stroll along the Thames at lunch cool.png

Have a good day all - and Robin, I hope you settle back to work OK!

Posted

and Robin, I hope you settle back to work OK!

Urgggghhh!!! So hard, I haven't ever been off work for this long and it's a struggle coming back after the glorious weekend anyway. At least I have blue sky to look at over the mountain of paperwork left unfinished :doh: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :) A bit of a disappointly cloudy start to the day here. Probably reflecting my gloom at the end of a very pleasant bank holiday!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Complete balls up by the BBC forecasters!

Maybe they should spend less money on stupid barometer graphics and more on actual forecasts!

It was pi***** it down earlier

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Posted

Raining here now. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to-wall sunshine up here...

Posted

An increased breeze here at the office in Harefield, but sunny and warm, with the leaves on the trees outside the meeting room rippling away and providing some welcome distraction from the general tedium of the meeting.

Just been on the MOD thread and it does look from what is being posted that after today we are in to a much more unsettled period, and I was disappointed to see Gibby hinting at the the pattern of recent summers (northern blocking, southerly-tracking jet) coming back again this year.   From my perspective I really hope this isn't the case.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Dull start to the day but now it's sunny and very warm but sky quite hazy.

Hope you all had as lovely a bank holiday as I did. Now......back to reality. *groan* Now I want some thunder just to cheers us all up. :D

âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

Posted

The sun has kept it's cheeky face burning through here in Benny Hill and it's still relatively cloud free :good:

sun-face.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

17C and sunny, good start to May and the warmest day of the year so far.

Posted

Afternoon each. Dull start to the day but now it's sunny and very warm but sky quite hazy.

Hope you all had as lovely a bank holiday as I did. Now......back to reality. *groan* Now I want some thunder just to cheers us all up. biggrin.png

âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

Well the outlook looks promising for thundery showers (not imminent, but from a day or two down the line) if not the heat spawned thunderstorms that many desire. smile.png

I've also read the Gibby posting from this morning, which wasn't what I wanted to see. We really could do with a half decent summer this year. sad.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Well the outlook looks promising for thundery showers (not imminent, but from a day or two down the line) if not the heat spawned thunderstorms that many desire. smile.png

Not looking wonderful (storm-wise) for the next few days for us currently:

MU_London_avn.png

Posted

We had a couple of rumbles of Thunder on Saturday - which was totally unexpected.

Can anyone tell me if it is going to be ok by the weekend - 11th especially, as my brother gets married! Hoping for a lovely day for The Big Day!

Many Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Wind for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham & Brighton and Hove

Very strong southwesterly winds for the time of year are expected to extend eastwards across much of southern England, parts of the Midlands and much of Wales.  Gusts of 50 mph are likely to develop fairly widely inland with gusts to 60 mph along coasts.

The public should be aware that some disruption to transport is possible along with possible damage to trees.

Issued at:

1100 on Tue 7 May 2013

Valid from:

0900 on Thu 9 May 2013

Valid to:

2100 on Thu 9 May 2013

A vigorous area of low pressure is expected to develop to the west of Ireland on Wednesday and will then drift eastwards across Ireland on Thursday, reaching northern England by the end of Thursday. To the south of the low pressure a swathe of gales is likely to extend across southern Britain. Whilst we have increasing confidence regarding the development and track of the vigorous depression there remains uncertainty about the northward and eastward extent of the associated very strong winds and the alert will be kept under review.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=C7A10A23-5CDF-D136-AE92-7E5DE5051C64_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1368054000