Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 7th May 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

HI all from C Wharf !! Its feeling a bit draftie here sat in the building.  Just went really dark briefly and heavy rain shower. 

Guest bjaykent

Afternoon all, still quite sunny here, although the cloud is building, some bigger gusts of wind now, local weather station near by has measured gusts up to  47kmph which is getting on for 30mph, and the temp is around 15c, the only showers so far here today are of petals blown off next door's flowering cherry blossom, looks like a wedding minus the bride and groom. Grass is growing well after the 30mins of rain yesterday, looking forward to a little bit more this week, the garden needs it and it would be handy to replenish the water butts.  

Have a nice afternoon.smile.png

Edited by bjaykent

Posted

Good burst of rain in the City just now.. glad not in the North West - this is shaping up to be a very nasty comma

post-10554-0-11719000-1368102746_thumb.p

Posted

Trees really blowing now outside my office window; got caught in a 30 second squall at lunch time that sent all the students dashing for cover while I had to tough it out in the queue for the cashpoint, hair a billowing and jacket a soaking unsure.png

Posted

Well a breezy walk out at lunchtime but the sun has held strong and the draught is just blowing a few spurious clouds about. Still not seen the peak of the winds I feel yet, but hopefully there is nothing damaging on its way.

All I really want is a decent Summer please!!!!! 

Edited by Coast

Posted

All I really want is a decent Summer please!!!!! 

With lots of storms imported from the French! biggrin.png

Posted

Imported or home grown, just a bit of electrical activity over a couple of hours would be a great start!

Posted

With lots of storms imported from the French! biggrin.png

Wouldn't that be good.....but the blighters never share them with us. The English Channel is more effective than the Berlin Wall ever was as a barrier.

Reasonable sunny spells here but very windy. Gusts of almost 40mph recorded at nearby Raf Northolt.

Posted

Imported or home grown, just a bit of electrical activity over a couple of hours would be a great start!

I'd settle for a storm that lasts more than 2 rumbles of thunder - can't believe how bad the storms have been the past few years.  It's getting to the point where I am so storm starved, I would sacrifice a winter without settling snow to have a few 'proper' storms we had in the 1980's and 90's that would last hours...

Posted

You want storms? I'm not sure if you caught this last night:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pqmxw

Skip to 45 mins if you just want the weather stuff!

Posted

Well so far it's kept remarkably sunny here today. If I could just put some tape around these ancient windows, I'd never think it was so breezy outside!!

Posted

Wow. That is some wind out there. Road blocked for school run by fallen tree or heavy tree debris across road so lots of kids with a long wait in school hall. Hope no one was hurt given time it happened. On a more comedic note I wrestled the main doors of my building as the wind pushed them back at me for my departure then I had to style out the inevitable stumbles and trips as the wind buffetted me towards the car park. Wondering what the m25 will be like for journey back from special needs judo with son at 8.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

Hi all,

Mad wind today, but sunny nevertheless. I seem to have rubbish from the entire street in my front garden!

Have a nice evening all

393167_411206318986581_210413094_n.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The breeze is getting stronger, but not even the merest hint of any rain...

Posted

M25 has trees down and also on train tracks at high Wycombe.

My shed no longer has a roof.. It's not a small shed either needs totally re doing mum ain't happy lol!

Oh dear that sounds serious. Hope M4-A3 stretch is ok later, or son and I will be sleeping at work!

Posted

I think we've escaped the worst of it down here further South then, I hope everyone has a quiet evening!

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's blowing a bit of a hoolie...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

afternoon good.gif well it may be a tad windy but that sun is still shinning here in the bay :)

Posted

Wow. That is some wind out there. Road blocked for school run by fallen tree or heavy tree debris across road so lots of kids with a long wait in school hall. Hope no one was hurt given time it happened. On a more comedic note I wrestled the main doors of my building as the wind pushed them back at me for my departure then I had to style out the inevitable stumbles and trips as the wind buffetted me towards the car park. Wondering what the m25 will be like for journey back from special needs judo with son at 8.

I went to buy a double mattress from ikea today... trolley with said mattress aboard turned into a fully functional wind surfer, took me clear across the parking lot. Thankfully no cars or humans were harmed in the making of this episode.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

This is the stormiest I remember for this time of year, when wind pushes you back making it very difficult to move up the street in it then it's windy! not only that it it so rough across where i am(Staines-upon Thames)that buildings from inside are roaring, outside lampposts are humming! that's what 45-50mph gusts sound like,(some exposed gusts maybe more) blossom blowing of trees horizontal like pink snow..

Rain band heavy sweeping in, going to be more nasty when this hits and i have to wait for buses. I expect possibly increasing stronger gusts this evening. Also the gusts are very long. All very unusual for this time of year.

Read on Met office site thundery rain moving up from continent(later next week and following week)! sounds exciting!

warmer humid air masses clashing with cooler air mass creating thunderstorms, maybe were get some night lightning!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Here is the text forecast from MO

UK Outlook for Tuesday 14 May 2013 to Thursday 23 May 2013:

Next week, generally unsettled and rather cool conditions will continue with a mix of cloud, locally heavy rain in places, but also some sunnier interludes. Most of the unsettled weather looks to be in the northwest of the UK, where showers may contain hail and thunder, with perhaps a little wintriness over the Highlands. The best of the drier, brighter weather should be in the east. Temperatures will generally be a little below normal, feeling cool in rain or showers. There is also a signal, with some uncertainty at this stage, that it will become increasingly unsettled in the south later next week and into the following week, with the risk of thundery rain moving up from the continent, whilst drier and brighter conditions develop in more northern areas.

UK Outlook for Friday 24 May 2013 to Friday 7 Jun 2013:

Indications are that conditions are likely to remain unsettled through the start of the period, but could turn slightly more settled later. There will be rain and showers at times, with much of the UK likely to see around average rainfall amounts, however there will probably be a good deal of dry and bright weather as well, particularly later in the period. Temperatures are likely to remain cooler than average across the UK, although they should become closer to average later in the period. Given the time of year, with any prolonged sunshine it will feel pleasantly warm, especially away from the coasts.

Issued at: 1600 on Thu 9 May 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/?tab=regionalForecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Thundery rain sounds good!

Definitely better than the tedious dross outside imho. Probably blowing about force 6 here now. I guess lots of the nice blossoms will be prematurely carpeting the ground now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well how the devil is everyone. Not been on for a while due to work transfer and being really busy, Today's weather bloody horrible,Hopefully will improve soon, I hope it will as i have loads to do outside.

Take Care All.

Jason.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

poo weather here, wet, windy and a lot cooler than of late.

Fence is "far too mobile" for my liking, so expect that to be buggered by morning mad.gif