Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bonus Chase Day

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This is torture, could be out chasing potentially tornadic storms, but instead I'm revising tornadoes. Good luck guys...

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Cheyenne cell has supercellular mesocyclone characteristics. As far as I can make out from T&D stream there is a rotating base. Perhaps Arron could confirm when they get on it? 

Posted

Time to head south? as that storm is dieing and the storms in the line south around Childress are going severe.

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted

Sacked the northern storm off, looked awful on radar. Heading back to where we originally picked this morning fool.gif  LIne of 6 or 7 to chose from :D

Posted

Sacked the northern storm off, looked awful on radar. Heading back to where we originally picked this morning fool.gif  LIne of 6 or 7 to chose from biggrin.png

The one north of Matador looks juicy and has reports of golf ball sized hail.

Posted

Sod it, gonna head out. If you see a bright yellow Nissan Sentra, give us a wave...

Posted

... Getting ready for our first subway of the tour too sad.pngbad.gif

Hey do you guys know if they do the kiddies 4" subs over there? I struggle to finish a 6" one. smile.png

Ignore this, I just looked online and they do!

Edited by CycloneGail

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Tennis ball sized hail possible with the storm approaching Central Oklahoma.

528 PM CDT WED MAY 8 2013    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORMAN HAS ISSUED A    * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...    EXTREME NORTHEASTERN CADDO COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST OKLAHOMA...    CANADIAN COUNTY IN CENTRAL OKLAHOMA...    * UNTIL 615 PM CDT    * AT 526 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED    SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM OKARCHE     TO 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HINTON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH. VERY     LARGE HAIL IS LIKELY WITH THE STORM 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HINTON.    HAZARDS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...  LARGE DESTRUCTIVE HAIL UP TO TENNIS BALL SIZE...  DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH...    * LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...    EL RENO...YUKON...CONCHO...PIEDMONT...HINTON...UNION CITY...    CALUMET...COGAR AND RICHLAND.  

Posted

528PM - storm with up to tennis ball size hail will cross I-40 between Bridgeport and El Reno. Trust me, you do not want to drive into this storm! Don't take shelter under highway overpasses! You may cause an accident, or block the road preventing others from getting to safety!

From Nation weather service, Dam!

Posted

Game over! Awful day; anything we went near died :( Just could not catch a break. Oh well, food and drink time and on to tomorrows chase!

Posted

Spectacular lightning show in Norman, not a great deal else though. Had brief pea-sized hail.

Posted

Was playing cricket/pub/curry last night so missed the play. There were by all accounts a few decent structures on offer and as suspected in a DL configuration around Childress (west of my former target by about 50 miles).

This evening sees another structure opportunity and a quick glance would take me down to the I20 around Abilene, TX.
Really impressive moisture circa 65F + : shame the shear vectors aren't in place but RAP pushes some decent 700mb SW flow over SE surface vectors so vorticity likely with a squashed tightly looped hodograph.