Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

bedroom temperature

Posted

12c-- warm enough not to freeze and cool enough to sleep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cool, i don't have an exact figure. I leave the window open in the bedroom all year around, i prefer some kind of fresh air coming in. Even with the window open right now, my current temp is 20.7°C mellow.png

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I live in an apartment which no doubt is made of metal bits, as such so long as the sun shines the temperature goes above 20C.

Far too warm for my liking. very humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

12c-- warm enough not to freeze and cool enough to sleep.

12C....are you for real? Long exposure at that type of temperature indoors can cause all manner of health issues. I'd say 18-19C is ideal for a bedroom.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

15c.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Around 16c or 17c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

People going with lower temps than I expected. 

I would say 16-18c for me, but unfortunately in my flat it's often still around 30C in the summer when I'm going to bed.

Even now it's 25.5C.

Posted

I suspect as with other threads about 'ideal' temperatures this will go the same way.

The younger you are and IN GENERAL probably the cooler you like it. The older and the warmer, or at least up to a point, what that point is will vary from one to another.

Maybe about 18-19C for me all year which means the bedroom radiator can be on at times in the winter, and in summer the window will be open.

Posted

16-18c....though my flat seems to be hot intensely!

I remember during the very bad cold spell in early 2010, my bedroom was 9C!!!!! I had no central heating in that house, and aside from having the heater on before I went to bed, and a hot water bottle, the room was ice-cold. Getting up for work was like living in the arctic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

Cool, probably no more than 15c.

12c-- warm enough not to freeze and cool enough to sleep

I could live with that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

This might be of interest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7967968.stm

Modern hotels say they pitch their optimum room temperature for sleeping at 18 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

16c for me

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

12C....are you for real? Long exposure at that type of temperature indoors can cause all manner of health issues. I'd say 18-19C is ideal for a bedroom.

The only plus point to being a woman of a certain age is occasional hot flushes = built in central heating.

Having said that I've always preferred a cool bedroom and so too does hubby.

No heating at all in the bedrooms when we were children and we were fine, it's only really since the 70's that it's common. The human race got this far without having heated bedrooms.

My thermostat is set to come on at 14c and off at 18c in the living room. The bedroom rad only goes on if the temp is below 12c.  It was around 18c today, doubt anyone had their heating on, nor would need it as warm as that before they could sleep wink.png

Unless one is older/elderly or immobile most people would be fine at 18c in their home and much less in the bedroom with a good warm duvet.

I'd rather spend my money on travelling or doing something than give the gas companies our hard earned cash.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Anywhere between 16c-21c.

Below 16c and I start feeling the chill during the night (I don't have central heating)

Above 21c and it gradually starts to become a bit too warm, but it depends on how humid it is really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well I find 15C horrid. Get out of bed-----freeze my knackers off, get out of the shower-----freeze my knackers off. Optimal temperature for me would be 20-21C Anything above 23C is too warm.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

When a were't lad I really did sleep with a chamber pot under't bed and I always had my bedroom window open - house heating then was by means of a fire in the lounge which went out at night, the windows were single glazed and there was a layer of frost on the insides on the colder nights and one morning I got up to find there was a layer of ice in the chamber pot.

By - yer tell 'em now 'an they won't believe yer.

Sinced then I moved south and during the course of the years have developed into a southern softie with central heating and double glazing to the extent that I find 21C is an ideal slumber temperature.

Posted

I like a temperature between 15c and 20c as this allows me to control my own warmth better by sticking bits of me out from the covers or not as the case may be.Generally though I have to put up with way above this in hot spells [which thankfully are like hens teeth these last 10 years]and way below this in cold spells [which are way more common]. It is not unusual for my bedroom to be 10c or below in the coldest parts of winter as I have no central heating.

Edited by greybing

Posted

I think 12C or so is a good number - yes it is very cool, but that feeling of being cocooned in warmth under the doona when your face feels the coolness is a nice feeling of security and peacefulness, it  allows for a sound sleep with deep dreams. More typically,  it is under 18C, and this is acceptable. No complaints.

On the other hand anything over 25C is not bearable what-so- ever. I will always wake up thru the night with a fish out of water reflex, a momentary gulp for air. It is like a mini panic attack, horrible.

Posted

When a were't lad I really did sleep with a chamber pot under't bed and I always had my bedroom window open - house heating then was by means of a fire in the lounge which went out at night, the windows were single glazed and there was a layer of frost on the insides on the colder nights and one morning I got up to find there was a layer of ice in the chamber pot.

By - yer tell 'em now 'an they won't believe yer.

I believe you - 'twas exactly the same at our drum! Mind you, things ain't much different now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Anywhere between about 9 and 15C will do me; if it's too cold, you can always find another duvet; if it's too hot, what can you do?