Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion: 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

A lovely start here in Darlo dry, sunny and warm however this afternoon we could see some showers developing across the region in the heat of the day

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

well those charts couldnt be further from the truth not a spot of rain it did cloud over for a while but its been sunny and warm all day, hols tommorrowPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

well those charts couldnt be further from the truth not a spot of rain it did cloud over for a while but its been sunny and warm all day, hols tomorrowPosted Image

Yep was a lovely day cloud bubbled up for a time but no rain next week looks good for you Lee you've picked you've the perfect week

Edited by Gavin.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

A warm sunny morning has been replaced by a warm and cloudy afternoon with a spot of two of rain

Currently 19.1c

No rain for me, but went through cloud inversions, wetherby cloudier, then Sunderland fairly sunny, could see sea mist for a time in Sunderland,

Posted

Crystal clear blue sky here in Darlo looks like it will turn cloudy tomorrow thanks to this NE'ly wind Thursday through to at least Saturday should see things turning sunny once again looks like a minor blip tomorrow

Posted

Temperatures haven't been that impressive here with light winds from the sea.18C max yesterday, but only 15C today.With the blazing sun it feels warm but was down to 2.4C at dawn which is not good for any tender plants like tomatoes even in a cold greenhouse.

Posted

Currently at 19c here in Darlo the NE'ly wind isn't having much of an effect here crystal clear sky all day looks like a cloudy start to tomorrow but that should thin during the day becoming warm and sunny again inland

Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Temperature only12.8℃ with a light N/easterly breeze. Luckily my back garden is south facing and it feels very warm out of the breeze, unfortunately tomorrow may be dull and will feel cold with the lack of sunshine here on the coast if this northeasterly persists and strengthens. Early this morning around 6am it was clear and sunny then around 8am some dense fog/haar arrived but the sun burned it off within an hour so I'm hoping tomorrow the sun will burn it back once again but I remain doubtful. As you say Gavin the rest of the week looks fine again after the 'little blip' tomorrow.

Posted

Pockets of blue sky starting to show over Darlo now the cloud is starting to thin already

EDIT

The sun is breaking through now :)

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Pockets of blue sky starting to show over Darlo now the cloud is starting to thin already

EDIT

The sun is breaking through now Posted Image

Wish i lived up this neck of the woods, my area is horrendous for north sea mist, this area NE england, always seems sunny, and misses rain being protected by pennines

• Like 1

Posted

Wish i lived up this neck of the woods, my area is horrendous for north sea mist, this area NE england, always seems sunny, and misses rain being protected by pennines

Yeah our yearly average of rain here in Darlo is just 574mm its the easterlies which we take the brunt of and by god we know about it

Posted

Mist and low cloud steadily being eroded away here in South Shields hoping that it will burn away completely but with winds veering to a north-easterly/easterly just after mid day we could possibly hang on to this muck all day.

Posted

The strong June sunshine has done its job and burnt the cloud away lovely here once again in Darlo

Currently 17.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Currently in the lakes and we haven't seen a cloud in the sky since sat when I arrived. Glorious warm weather and I have a tan, looks like Fri n sat will be the same

• Like 1

Posted

Was raining quite heavily when i set off for work this morning,although i think that "sod's law"

was in full effect looking at the radar.Posted Image 

Posted

Back in darlo not as warm as the lakes but still a lovely sunny warm day

Posted

Glorious afternoon again in Darlo the easterly wind is taking a slight edge of the temps but its still 18.7c

Tomorrow will start of cloudy but by mid morning the sun will be breaking through again to leave another glorious afternoon

• Like 1

Posted

It's raining what's all that about

Posted

It's raining what's all that about

Yep an area of rain developed earlier over Scotland and headed south its currently moving through Yorkshire and parts of Lancashire now

The sun will get out today its just waiting for this cloud to thin

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

A few hints now of the cloud starting to thin over Darlo the sooner the winds changes to a westerly of some sort the better even if it does mean sunshine and showers at least there is no sign of a return to last years deluge currently

Posted

This sun isn't going to come out today

Posted

a cloudy morning in darlo hopefully it will be a repeat of yesterday and the sun will burn the cloud away leaving a lovely afternoon/evening

• Like 1