Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Day 22 - Reports & Pictures (OK)

Paul Sherman

Posted

Changeover day so it must mean a Moderate Risk for Storms.......Yay

Left DFW Airport at 230pm and got stuck in awful traffic, made it upto the area of Supercells around 5pm and had a good 4 hours getting stunning Supercell Structure and lots of rotation but just not able to produce tornadoes today, some big 4+ inch hail at times to our north but the structure won through today.

A nice Initiation for the Storm Newbies with a Classic and LP Supercell today.

Ended the day at the 2 Frogs Bar and Grill at Ardmore eating with Skip Talbot, Nick Nolte, Jen Brindley and Ben Holcomb amongst others chatting about the day.

Paul S

post-24-0-08148900-1369973983_thumb.jpg - Structure

post-24-0-77573900-1369974021_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

cray.gif for saying goodbye to T3 , an amazing day for me to meet some great chasers/photographers tease.gif and I think there was a stunning storm similar to Calhan in there somewhere blum.gif .....time to catch somelazy.gif  

Edited by duckeyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Changeover day so it must mean a Moderate Risk for Storms.......Yay

Will you be 'live streaming' again later Paul whistling.gif

Posted

Structure over tubes again although many of the cells had everything bar touchdowns. The majority of the circulations were broad mesos that fell just below the requirements from tightening sufficient to drop a surface vortex. Just as well considering the proximity of populated areas.

Also note to myself - initial target area significantly too far NW with the DL not the warm frontal feature providing the forcing. Confuddled and confused as per usual but learning all the time LOL.

Edited by nsrobins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Well despite setting off later than we would have liked and then getting stuck in traffic, we still managed to get ourselves in between two supercells. I am still convinced I saw something north of our position in the cell that we were concentrating on. Un fortunately my video camera refuses to focus and so.

It was a good chasing and ended the evening sat watching the updraft from a cell to our north and chatting with a who is who of storm chasers.