Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Slow clearing may not happen until this evening!

Posted

One of the Telford mob must have left their cloud-generating machine running overnight, and covered the entire region by accident.........

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

As usual it looks like the South/ SE is once again getting the best of the "summer" weather. Don't worry it's been rubbish over Cheshire all day too and knowing the way things work round here, prob more of the same tomorrow

Edited by Cloudwatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

As usual it looks like the South/ SE is once again getting the best of the "summer" weather. Don't worry it's been rubbish over Cheshire all day too and a couple of forecasts showing not much improvement for tomorrow :-(

Cloudy here too. Just a few brighter glimpses so far......*yawn*. Someone wake me up when there's a storm or summat. I'd better put on a few pounds before I hibernate, could be asleep for a while waiting for this storm shield to tire itself out Posted Image

Bar that January snowfall, this has been one of the most yawn inducing 18 months of weather you could ever wish to see for this locale. Day after day of boring, monotonous crud. Sick of it.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Its burning the cloud away quite quick now from the south..... come on, Burn baby burn.

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Posted

Cloudy here too. Just a few brighter glimpses so far......*yawn*. Someone wake me up when there's a storm or summat. I'd better put on a few pounds before I hibernate, could be asleep for a while waiting for this storm shield to tire itself out Posted Image

Bar that January snowfall, this has been one of the most yawn inducing 18 months of weather you could ever wish to see for this locale. Day after day of boring, monotonous crud. Sick of it.

Whaaaat???? Did you not see any of the white stuff during March?

I was thinking the other day about which have been the most extraordinary months of weather since I started following Netweather back in 2005 (I lurked for years). I ended up deciding upon March 2013, a truly astonishing month IMO.

Bish

Posted

I was thinking the other day about which have been the most extraordinary months of weather since I started following Netweather back in 2005 (I lurked for years). I ended up deciding upon March 2013, a truly astonishing month IMO.

Bish

Nope not a sausage from that 'blizzard'

Posted

Bish

Couldn't agree more with ya Bish, CC must of been Hibernating and it must of been his twin that as been posting over the last 4 months " WAKE UP CC"

Posted

Finally "The sun has got his hat on" Posted Image

Posted

Nope not a sausage from that 'blizzard'

In that case you can count yourself genuinely very unlucky, CC. We saw plenty of snow here during the final week of March, and it even hung around for a long time afterwards too.

Bish

Posted

In that case you can count yourself genuinely very unlucky, CC. We saw plenty of snow here during the final week of March, and it even hung around for a long time afterwards too.Bish

yep same here extrodinary, and dont forget the 23cm in january! not a bad start to summer either just cloudy today, dont think i will see any sun till around 7pm though

Posted

We were unlucky here in March. Sat in a rain shadow the whole event. Most of Cheshire and Greater Manchester were in the same boat! Didn't even get a cm.

Posted

We were unlucky here in March. Sat in a rain shadow the whole event. Most of Cheshire and Greater Manchester were in the same boat! Didn't even get a cm.

Must of got carried away with what was going on didn't even notice the going's on with the rest of the country,Even i thought it was a quite wide event, sorry CC.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

As usual it looks like the South/ SE is once again getting the best of the "summer" weeather. Don't worry it's been rubbish over Cheshire all day too and knowing the way things work round here, prob more of the same tomorrow

Not true, warm and sunny to your west and sw too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Not true, warm and sunny to your west and sw too!

Lol, yeah typically! To be fair, it has improved here over the last half hour. 

Posted

Sky about 3 oktas clear now, mostly between N and W- still mucky to S and E. Sun finally emerging- why has it taken 12 hours to burn this muck off, only 2 weeks from the longest day?

Posted

Finally "The sun has got his hat on" Posted Image

Over an hour ago the sun came out and now full cloud cover again,

Would you adam and eve it !!!!!

Yeah what a month, most incredible month for a long time, a March we will most likely not see again in our lifetimes, remember walking in the Northamptonshire Uplands and seeing lying snow on April 4th with bitterly cold NE'ly winds and temps near 0C by day, colder than most mid winter days, if people don't find just the deviation from CET interesting I think they should give up this weather watching lark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Really disappointed with the weather today. Overcast and cool. Been up to Mickleover, Derbyshire and it was the same there too :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Here of course as expected not a chink of brightness, Stafford famous north sea misty low cloud

tomorrow for Stafford another dreary day of north sea mist, elsewhere probably melting away by 1pm ish

Posted

Here of course as expected not a chink of brightness, Stafford famous north sea misty low cloud

tomorrow for Stafford another dreary day of north sea mist, elsewhere probably melting away by 1pm ish

You make out you are the only one that as cloud and your so called north sea mist is the last to leave,

this morning you made a comment (post 65) that the north west midlands is more prone to cloud from the north sea,

Well in my experience the north east midland is more prone to cloud last because that's where it gets drawn in from,

First in,Last out that's what i say.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Well its sunny now in Shrewsbury centre, has been for an hour or so in the north parts of town, but the muck is just a few miles south. The dividing line is amazingly clear- just patchy cumulus to the north of it, grey s thicktratus to the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Well its sunny now in Shrewsbury centre, has been for an hour or so in the north parts of town, but the muck is just a few miles south. The dividing line is amazingly clear- just patchy cumulus to the north of it, grey s thicktratus to the south.

must be slate grey looking east of you

Posted

must be slate grey looking east of you

Due east is right on the line, just south of that its grey. It does help that now the sun is in the clear direction, if it was morning it would be under the muck.