Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

There was a small shower developed over Brum around an hour ago, but it soon lost power after leaving the urban heat island.

The dregs of the cumulus are passing over me now and there was a bit of a gust of wind.

Even though I work in greenhouses at 120'f I'm enjoying this heatwave, it's been such a long time coming, we deserve it!

I'm just waiting for the global warming brigade to pop up and tell us that this is because of global warming, whereas the march cold spell was just 'weather' Posted Image

Can somebody tell me if we are any closer to upping our storm potential anytime soon? After all, no hot spell is complete without some thundery fun & games :) There has been talk of this high pressure system eventually drifting slightly to the north and east of the UK - from my (very) limited understanding of these things, that would mean that we would start drawing our air across from mainland Europe. Does that necessarily equate to increased thunderstorm potential? Bish

Can't get any worse till now lol...but yes there's talk of potential into you've guessed it FI territory. Not even gonna say the word plume! As for a slightly fresher feel, despite today's very warm temps, humidity seems to be on the up at the mo...heat spike number three tomorrow and on? Summer 2013 really is becoming what appears to be a barnstormer :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed any breakdown is still getting pushed back. Looks like it could be at least mid next week now not early. Plus the potential of a cut off bay of Biscay low. If that happens then low to mid 30s widely for a time very possible but all very far off. No sign of any washout either, just something maybe a little cooler eventually. At least another 8 or days so of heat yet. 29c was our max today. Looks like the rest of the week should see a little less cloud.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

With my magic silent fan set up on my window sill, blowing cool ish air in, my living room is a much more relaxing 15.9c. 

Current outside temp 15.7c

Posted

Yes Staff, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

I went for a lovely walk in the sunshine around Solihull Nature Reserve this afternoon. I heartily recommend this to any fellow Silhillians with an hour or two to spare - amazing to think that the scenes below are literally just fifteen minutes from the center of Solihull Posted Image

post-13544-0-85414200-1373926165_thumb.j post-13544-0-47788900-1373926180_thumb.j post-13544-0-58236700-1373926192_thumb.j

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

I'm just waiting for the global warming brigade to pop up and tell us that this is because of global warming, whereas the march cold spell was just 'weather' Posted Image

Hah! True. *sits and waits*

yep, however it could just keep getting pushed back like other breakdowns have done so

Spanish plume in December Posted Image

Some FI charts really digging in deep to that heat source over the likes of Iberia, N Africa...any subtle change in the positioning of the HP could potentially bring with it real almost record heat? 15-20C uppers are never to be sniffed at! unlikely to happen some may say, then again, realistically speaking you can never say never.

This time next-week all shall be revealed Posted Image

Posted

Warming up now here, just touching 20.5 now with only a little haze left to burn off.

Posted

Hi polar warsaw. Unfortunately my hate of heat and icey roads is to do with the horrible anxiety and panic attacks I suffer from. :@

Also getting fed up of not enjoying a warm bath or cooked tea. . He he

Hi polar warsaw. Unfortunately my hate of heat and icey roads is to do with the horrible anxiety and panic attacks I suffer from. :@

Also getting fed up of not enjoying a warm bath or cooked tea. . He he

Posted

Dull and cloudy most of this morning surprisingly, cloud breaking up now though thank goodness, fresher than recently due to the murk, 20.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cloudy start but hot and sunny now. Mid 30s next week? :D

Posted

Mid 30s next week? Posted Image

Blizzy are you being mischievous or does there genuinely look like a possibility for the Midlands?

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I went for a lovely walk in the sunshine around Solihull Nature Reserve this afternoon. I heartily recommend this to any fellow Silhillians with an hour or two to spare - amazing to think that the scenes below are literally just fifteen minutes from the center of Solihull Posted Image

Posted Image20130715_001.jpg Posted Image20130715_003.jpg Posted Image20130715_004.jpg

Bish

Just wanted to check, is that the nature reserve near the duck pond of Brueton/Malvern park, and the one where you have to go through the cafe area to get to the entrance? (I think I've remembered that right).

Posted

Feels so hot today! So much for Tuesday being the rest bite!!

Absolutely scorching walking to the train station in rugby!

Posted

Just wanted to check, is that the nature reserve near the duck pond of Brueton/Malvern park, and the one where you have to go through the cafe area to get to the entrance? (I think I've remembered that right).

Hi mate, it's the one just past where the small lake is, to the south of the park itself. It fills pretty much the entire area between the park and the M42. PM me if you need further directions, it's easy to miss :)

Ironically I've never visited the one with the cafe!

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Hi mate, it's the one just past where the small lake is, to the south of the park itself. It fills pretty much the entire area between the park and the M42. PM me if you need further directions, it's easy to miss Posted Image

Ironically I've never visited the one with the cafe!

Bish

Ah thanks. :)

Think I might know which one you mean. Otherwise, the only other one I can think of is the one with the cafe (has the Dragonfly Tearoom, and also has a gift shop)

Will probably try and go this weekend (but will probably PM you at some point just incase I can't find the one you're talking about). :)

Posted

Ah thanks. Posted Image

Think I might know which one you mean. Otherwise, the only other one I can think of is the one with the cafe (has the Dragonfly Tearoom, and also has a gift shop)

Will probably try and go this weekend (but will probably PM you at some point just incase I can't find the one you're talking about). Posted Image

That's fine :)  If you do manage to find it, the trick is to keep going until it opens up into further fields and eventually a very pleasant wooded area, very idyllic compared to the hustle & bustle of Solihull.

Bish