Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Today well what can i say "a complete right off here" that pesky northeast wind drawing grey skies right over the whole of the midlands and percisting for most all day booooo!.

But tomorrow will be a completely different day with the winds coming in from a more easterly direction, So the morning cloud will be not just burn't away but blown away,

So all the midlands " including the north midlands" will see the sun tomorrow and temp's responding to 20c to 22c.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Yup sunless here to, cloud finally dissolved miraculously in the past 30 minutes and it's now feeling rather chilly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

was watching cricket at nottingham, had cleared but around 9pm the north sea mist rolled back in, can see it now to my east

Posted

Clear skies and a surprisingly low 6.1C and it's only 10p.m.

Posted

Feels cool this evening. Cloudy for most of the day till about 8:45ish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Even in Falmouth we had some cloud off the Channel today but by 3pm it was gloriously sunny again and the forecast is for continuous sun again till at least Monday now. :D

Posted

Even in Falmouth we had some cloud off the Channel today but by 3pm it was gloriously sunny again and the forecast is for continuous sun again till at least Monday now. :D

Cornwall must be the sunniest place so far this june by far!

Posted

Oh wow even thicker cloud this morning, what a nasty surprise, wretched easterlies. 

Posted

Oh wow even thicker cloud this morning, what a nasty surprise, wretched easterlies. 

thicker today yeah, easterlies the worst, as expected though for the NW midlands a murky start, will it burn off? probably not here but will elsewhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Thicker here today too. Wouldn't be surprised if we (and you) have this muck all day.

Posted

thicker today yeah, easterlies the worst, as expected though for the NW midlands a murky start, will it burn off? probably not here but will elsewhere

Yup in these type of setups just like yesterday we end up being the last place in the county that see's it burn off, yesterday being a prime example where there was just

a thin strip at 8pm left, and yes bang over here :lol:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

We can always torture ourselves by hopping over to see some of the comments on the South-East Regional Thread....

Every year it's headlines like this..   "SUMMERS HERE AT LAST!! (if you live in the South that is....)" Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

We can always torture ourselves by hopping over to see some of the comments on the South-East Regional Thread....

Every year it's headlines like this..   "SUMMERS HERE AT LAST!! (if you live in the South that is....)" Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Absolute radio is the best station, but Andy bush, kept going on about how warm and sunny it was yesterday, was thinking yeah, everywhere but Stafford which was grey 14C and windy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

More thick murky cloud here today. Seems thicker than yesterday too. Not pleased.

Posted

Bright and sunny here but can see the mist/low cloud over the peaks to my north/east..... Hopefully warmer than yesterday....

Posted

Just looks at the satellite pics and would you believe they are exactly the same as yesterday'sPosted Image

What is it with the western Midlands and cloud? Every time there's some kind of regional split we end up on the wrong side: whether it's NE/WE, N/S, E/W, central/N/S!

It's time to banish North Sea Muck for good by reclaiming Doggerland. Apart from the improvements it would make to the climate, it would make more territory for us and several other countries, and the northern dam could have enormous energy potential.

Posted

Gripe No 1 - where's our sunshine??? I was expecting today to be bright & sunny, not a repeat of yesterday's cloudfest. NOT HAPPY!

Gripe No 2 - after triple_x1 mentioned it last night, I had Mull Of Fugging Kintrye going round & round my head for hours afterwards Posted Image

Bish

Posted

Absolute radio is the best station, but Andy bush, kept going on about how warm and sunny it was yesterday, was thinking yeah, everywhere but Stafford which was grey 14C and windy

Yes when im out and about in the car Absolute radio is the one Posted Image Anyway you mentioned that " Andy bush, kept going on about how warm and sunny it was yesterday, was thinking yeah, everywhere but Stafford which was grey 14C and windy".

Well if my memory fails me i think here in solihull was cloudy all day and max out at 14c, But not just here in solihull it was everywhere in the midlands, Not just in poor cloudy burdened Stafford,

Or is this the Stafford thread "NO" its the midlands thread. The only thing that's grey all the time is your post's about poor old Stafford on how its always worst off than anybody else.

Please say there's positive things up there in Stafford because if this was always the case its one place i wouldn't what to live.Posted Image

Posted

Gripe No 1 - where's our sunshine??? I was expecting today to be bright & sunny, not a repeat of yesterday's cloudfest. NOT HAPPY!

Gripe No 2 - after triple_x1 mentioned it last night, I had Mull Of Fugging Kintrye going round & round my head for hours afterwards Posted Image

Bish

The cloud today will burn away and alot quicker that yesterday and you can see it happening on "sat 24" sorry link!!

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

What has happened to the lovely sunny start to the day? I've got the heating on in the office, it's cloudy, and at nearly 11.30, it's still below 10C. Most of last night was below 5C, touching 3C on occasions. It's mad.

The cloud today will burn away and alot quicker that yesterday and you can see it happening on "sat 24" sorry link!!

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Not encouraging for us in the west of the region. I thought the cloud was supposed to clear from the west, not the east.