Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Another 6th sense?

Posted

Okay i didn't really know where to put this and i also wasn't sure what to call it so ive named it as above.

However i have been thinking the past few weeks, what if humans do have a 6th sense? What if everyone has access to a 6th sense but we don't all know how to use it? i mean if we didn't have the knowledge of it, a bit like we don't have the mental capability to comprehend the idea of creation... Similarly we dont have the capability to use this 6th sense? Okay so if you've followed here is my idea, this 6th sense may of already been used by some people but just without us knowing... 'ghosts, poltergeists etc' could be just our 6th sense, but we dont know that we are controlling it because we dont have the capability? Maybe a bit like 'astral projection' some people have the ability to astral project and this seems to be something very complex and linked to spirit worlds, maybe if all of us could 'astral project' then this could give us a much better understanding of it? I guess some of you just think i am mad and i probably havent explained this very well but it would be nice to get some feedback!

Posted

A lot of this is better described as intuition.

We excel at pattern matching, and seeing trends (not necessarily correctly).In the distant past this sort of thing was a real survival aid.We tend - sub-consciously - to see a bigger picture from random noise type information.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

Now there's a thing I was born in Lichfield at the end of 1942 but left before 1950 because my parents divorced - went back a couple a three times for the Lichfield Bower when my mum still had friends living there.

As far as things unseen are concerned I have never experienced such things as ghosts or other things of the occult but I prefer to keep an open mind on the subject.

I think that the sad thing is that there may be such things as genuine clairvoyants about, life after death and a possible spirit world but the number of charlatans about appear to have all but discredited them so nobody takes the subject seriously but as ordinary folk, how can we tell the difference between the genuine and the charlatans?

Such things as fortune telling and making contact with the spirit world is an ideal medium, if you excuse the expression, to get the gullible to part with their cash and a practiced person to elicit such details from an interview, conversation and body language etc to make convincing deductions.

At the same time, I not hold either with the idea that just because we can't see it, it does not mean to say that it does not exist. It's not that long ago when people did not have any knowledge of electricity and just look at the world now.

As previously unknown things have been discovered in the past, so they will in the future and who knows where future discoveries will lead us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Who knows, I personally feel that if the human race did have a 6th sense, it has probably been drowned out

by all of the modern day distractions that surround us in an ever increasingly intrusive way.

Some motorists who still believe they can see around corners? And who then decide to overtake...

Sixth sense, sick idiots! But any roads...back on topic.

No doubt our imaginations play a large part of it - whether it's because you can sometimes remember quite vividly what happened say a decade ago and completely forget something else that occurred only yesterday? Is occasionally beyond me..and I'm no shrink! Our brains sure do have a lot of power, and can even astound their owners at times lol.Without much if any effort :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Who knows, I personally feel that if the human race did have a 6th sense, it has probably been drowned out

by all of the modern day distractions that surround us in an ever increasingly intrusive way.

Same as the other five, then?Posted Image 

Posted

Here's an interesting read....

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200007/is-there-sixth-sense

Personally, I'm in the 'yes there is' camp for a number of reasons, but that would mean me rambling on so I'll spare you! (Bet you didn't see that coming!)

Kind regards,

Mike

Posted

Thankyou for the replys everyone, very interesting! and ive had a read of thst article mike, that sort of thing is has always baffled me i must say, but it seems very plausable.

However when i say '6th sense' i dont mean people telling fortunes in a caravan soley, it can mean anything thats unordinary like the article mike has linked us too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

Some motorists who still believe they can see around corners? And who then decide to overtake... 

That is so true and very hard to understand when we are supposed to have an innate instinct for survival, or is that negated by being inside a metal box?

Posted

Unfortunately the whole topic of a 6th sense, ESP and clairvoyancy is so wracked with charlatans and con artists it's difficult to get near any sort of truth.

I stick to something I wrote many years ago:

Beware the widgy board,

The palmin' and the tarot

For ours is not to read the runes

And know the 'app'nin's on the 'morrow.

Do we have a sixth sense? Possibly. Do I have a sixth sense? I don't know. Do I have any sense? Debatable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I don't know about a 6th sense per se, but I think there's a lot going on around us that the human brain is incapable of perceiving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Never say never!

I had the 'joy' of experiencing 'something', in my early twenties that turned my life (understanding) around!

I'll not bore you with the details suffice to say I took the 'normal route' of childhood theist, to atheist, to agnostic (how can you be other without 'proof'? ) to confused ( erring on the side of personal experience?).

I'm not going to preach but much the same as 'Yung' when questioned about 'spirituality' I 'know' (personal experience) so don't have to 'believe'.

'Science' has brought us to the 'Multiverse' where Gravity is nothing but a 'leach out' from a parallel dimension so why not a 'brame' where 'soul' leaches out from into our dimension?

Why not an 'Otherworld' (as our forebears believed in) so close to our brame that 'physical conditions' (mental or physical) allow 'leach out' ( as our gravity permanently does) at times that we 'see' and interpret?

I am not fool enough to try and explain 'where' I popped out to, I am but a sliver of the 'Me' I witnessed there, so the words do not exist to convey the 'There' , nor the Science to explain it?

Fools hide behind the world they can 'Explain' ( and deny anything they cannot) and call it 'Reality'. Old 'Religions' claimed we could not utter the name of God, I think we do not have the level of intellect to utter the name of God?

I could spend an Eternity trying to convey the 'Feel' of where I went and only give you the merest 'glimpse' of what I struggled to understand? Suffice to say the Beatles were not far wrong with there " I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"......

That said if folk only embraced that ALL is seen , witnessed (not judged), by everyone closest to us, and that , in the end we will face ourselves (no hiding anything there eh?) at the end of this 'mortality' then maybe we would find a better 'peace' in ourselves?

If you were able to live your life in full knowledge that every thought, deed and action was to be brought before you ( and then assessed in your own morality), once it was over, then would you not either be more accepting of who you are or more moral in your dealings with others?

​If where I'm coming from has the semblance of the greater reality then what other 'other realms/dimensions?

Could there not be 'realities' interfacing with ours in a similar way? Would we not be 'Ghosts' /demons' to those realities?

And what of 'Good' and 'Bad'?

What if 'entities' from other-worlds/realities enjoyed the 'feel' of conflict/sadness/Hate? What if , like parasites, they attaches to the vulnerable ( at an age that there was no question) and 'guided' those folk into situations that gave them a good feed? We might use psychoanalytical terms for such but what if such 'possession' drove abhorrent behaviours?

Just because our 'Science' today cannot measure such is it safe to dismiss it? Before night vision technology you would be speaking your truth to say 'nothing is happening' in the darkness around you but now science open that door you can see that your 'old truth' was not as it seemed ( due to an inability to 'see/measure' what was really there?).

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

I am finding myself agreeing with much of what you're saying here GW.  Never say never....

Posted

Thanks for the replys everyone, very interesting read Gray-Wolf

just a thought could the 'placebo effect' be linked to a 6th sense, how can humans seemingly heel themselves using the power of their mind?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

​If where I'm coming from has the semblance of the greater reality then what other 'other realms/dimensions?Could there not be 'realities' interfacing with ours in a similar way? Would we not be 'Ghosts' /demons' to those realities? 

This. I've often wondered whether paranormal 'sightings' etc are just an accidental artefact of a parallel reality; a reality which may be past or future in relation to our current time.

Posted

Perhaps the sixth sense rests in most of us, and that is an unconcious rejection of the paranormal - not so much based on a rational argument that what can't be scientifically proved cannot exist, but a subconcious understanding that spirit communion or premonition impulses ( etc )  stifles the progression/evolution of humanity as a collective. How advanced would we be as a species if our existences relied upon tapping into the supernatural as way of life...I would say negatively regressed. Maybe for good reason it has been bred out, and the evolutionary consequence was the field of science, now followed by the rejection of religion?

Edited by Styx