Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When will we hit 30C, 90F and 35C?

Posted

I hope we don't, that's too blinking hot, reliable 20 - 25 will do me just fine.

Indeed. I'm all for warm and settled weather but I wouldn't mind if I never saw anything over 25c again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Given we havent seen 30C in the 5 years i have lived in my current location, I dont see much chance for this year. 35C is definately not going to occur here nor do I believe even in the heat urban of the SE.

However even in this temperature it is still plenty warm enough to sit out after work and if people are still finding that too cool then they really ought to to move to the Med, or get their circulation looked at)!

Just been out for a lunchtime walk - yes indeed it is lovely in direct sunlight or if doing activity but if you sat in a shady spot in the strengthening wind you'd rapidly chill. Even more so this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

We slept with the windows on the latch for the first time this year.

The house is warm, but not overly hot or unbearable, so this is ideal for me, although I still would love to see a sustained period of 25-30c weather.

Posted

When will we ever see 30C, let alone 32C, outside the SE again? It just seems to have become unachievable since 2006, with proper heat waves only affecting the SE corner if they reach Britain at all. The fact that the hottest day here since July 2006 was 1st October 2011 really shows how poor the summer months have become for serious heat since then. 

This current spell has been very pleasant, especially for its abundant sunshine, but the temps have been those of an April or early May warm spell at 18-22C; in June I'd expect at least 24-26C with high pressure and clear skies like today. 3 months of this would be much better than a summer 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 repeat though!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Who needs 30c?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Many many many many people want 30c! Me included.

You could ask the same of who wants -10c - most would say no, then come on here and find the total opposite!

Remember vast tracts of the populated world spend most of the year at that temperature or if nothing else have it for the majority of their summer season. 

30c isn't that hot..another 10c and you're probably getting there.. Hardly common place nowadays, but I seem to recall 30c being attained most Summers, in the Uk, albeit usually briefly and in the usual prone 'hot spots.'

Remember 21c can feel unpleasant, or should humidity levels dictate.Temps aren't always to blame.

Edited by triple_x1

Posted

In summer my definitions are (when talking maxes): sub 16c is 'very cool/cold', 17-19c is 'cool', 20-22c is 'normal/average', 23-25c is 'warm', 26-28c is 'very warm'; 29-32c is 'hot' and 33c+ is 'very hot'.

If our summers could (using those definitions) split like this it'd be perfect:

0% very cool

3% cool

15% normal

35% warm

20% very warm

10% hot

7% very hot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I want to experience 30c this summer. Not for days on end but a nice 3/4 day spell where the temperature climbs above 30c and the weather forecast comes with a heatwave alert.

Posted

It's pleasant enough in the 20s

Posted

30c isn't that hot..another 10c and you're probably getting there.. Hardly common place nowadays, but I seem to recall 30c being attained most Summers, in the Uk....

Global warming in action (joke,before some wisecrack comes along with a ten-page explanation of why warm=cold). 30c and most folk are taking measures to cool down, even when doing not a lot. Any kind of physical work,which some of us still have to do,is an exercise in torture. No thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

23c is enough for me in this country, I like 30c+ abroad because you can just jump into the pool when you want to cool down.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

As a Scotsman i personally prefer weather to be no higher than 20C and am quite happy at around 10C,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Many many many many people want 30c! Me included.

You could ask the same of who wants -10c - most would say no, then come on here and find the total opposite!

Remember vast tracts of the populated world spend most of the year at that temperature or if nothing else have it for the majority of their summer season. 

-10? Pah! I'd rather have -20 Posted Image

Since experiencing -15 in Jan 2010 I think -20 has to be the next experience I'd like to chalk off the list!

now, 35C......that's something I personally hope we never see again. I lived through August 2003 (just) and I tell you now, I've never felt anything worse. I could hardly breathe due to the humidity. Horrid!

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Global warming in action (joke,before some wisecrack comes along with a ten-page explanation of why warm=cold). 30c and most folk are taking measures to cool down, even when doing not a lot. Any kind of physical work,which some of us still have to do,is an exercise in torture. No thanks.

I can remember a warm spell in early June 2007 where it reached around 25 or 26C. One of those days I working and spent the best part of 8 hours unloading a huge lorry container full of garden furniture, heavy iron benches, large ornaments and the like. It must have been close to 40C inside that container, dusty and cramped too. Horrendously sweaty workPosted Image

Loving the current conditions though, high teens/low twenties, blue skies and a cool breeze. Throw in a few storms and it's ideal summer weather. Don't need it any warmer.

Posted

At the end of the day both extremes of cold or hot are hard to deal with when you're not used to it.

The UK rarely gets any extremes so no surprise most folk want the outdoor temp to roughly match what they want indoors which to most I'd say 21c seems to be ideal.

Us weather lot want extremes and for me that can be both ends of the spectrum. Personally I don't find a problem being hot unless its artificially induced - like our stuffy office in winter when its too cold to open the window but ends up like an oxygen free hot box eventually.

No doubt my opinion is somewhat swayed by living in such a cool house where only 22c+ temps allow it to be warm enough to reliably open the door/window into the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

At the end of the day both extremes of cold or hot are hard to deal with when you're not used to it.

The UK rarely gets any extremes so no surprise most folk want the outdoor temp to roughly match what they want indoors which to most I'd say 21c seems to be ideal.

Us weather lot want extremes and for me that can be both ends of the spectrum. Personally I don't find a problem being hot unless its artificially induced - like our stuffy office in winter when its too cold to open the window but ends up like an oxygen free hot box eventually.

No doubt my opinion is somewhat swayed by living in such a cool house where only 22c+ temps allow it to be warm enough to reliably open the door/window into the evening.

I wouldn't mind the heat if the humidity wasn't as stifling. Trouble is the most common way for deep seated heat to make its way to our shores is through LP out west and HP to our east. The LP out west often functions to introduce higher dew points and moister air which makes 30+ unbearable.

Posted

Never head to SE Asia, India or any jungles then! High 30s with very high dew points not uncommon. Our humidity/heat is extremely tame in comparison.

Yes like summer blizzard I hope we in the west midlands don't reach 30C this summer, the past few days have been perfect(apart from today), no need for anything much warmer, feel sorry for those Londoners who have to suffer the heat especially on the tube, they are bound to reach 30C plus but believe it or not 30C is still rare in the west midlands and thank god for that :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I'd still enjoy a bout of exceptional heat, just for the excitement of anticipating and then watching records fall. Closely watching the models and following the hourly updates. Spotting the first 30C on the maps, then the first 35C and so on.

But for simply enjoying the weather and seeing the spring in the step that sunshine creates, I think the current conditions are near perfect here. All it lacks is the storms and maintaining the relative warmth through the evening.

Posted

Well that's it - temps fall like a stone under clear skies with these relatively low dew points. Fine for walking around at 3pm but hopeless for a bbq at 7-8pm.

Unlike mainland Europe temps fall fast in this country even after fairly warm days so to get warm nights you need the hot days- or high humidity. No use being 22c while you're in the office only for it to be 16c when you finally sit down at home.