Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Day 27 - Slight risk TX, OK, CO, KS

nsrobins

Posted

I'm 'internetus-interuptus' at home due to the inadequacies of Virgin Media, but a quick look during lunchtime at work reveals some decent recovery in moisture across the risk area today. Coupled with very high temps this generates 3000+ CAPE in an area that extends into the panhandle. Backed ESE flow into the DL region promises to generate convection, and although RAP initiates a cell or two in C OK, I'd be sitting just NE of the broad low centre around Liberal, KS 

Good luck and I'll look forward to seeing what happened in the morning Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I am going for a different spot, Neil, and will try the bulge in the dryline - somewhere perhaps around Altus SW OK - there should still be some moderate CAPE and shear - but will the cap be broken?

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I'm going for Woodward Ok, with storms predicted to initiate around NW Tx they should encounter favourable conditions as they cross into Ok. There is concern over the strength of the cap but is expected 'locally' to weaken and be breached. I think a couple of year back Netweathers own Mr Shermanator and team where the only chasers to get on a tornado around Woodward Ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Ok sorry for delay but we have been having a few technical which I have hopefully resolved  fingers crossed.

We are in Woodward atm the moment and may move a little bit west towards Guymon.  Tripple point is around that area.

I will now try and concentrate on the live streaming,-.

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

Internet fixed. Contractors cut through a main cable near Portsmouth and two whole postcode areas were down for over 24 hours. Ouch.

The DL has got into the central OK Panhandle and to about AMA. Max surface flow from the ESE seems to be focussed on this area with a Cu field on latest sat.Not a huge evening in store but potential for some decent structure and hail at least between 22Z and 02Z Weds.

Posted

Moving south and maybe west - Not wanting to go totally west and get involved in the amount of dust the storms out there can kick out. Down into the Texas Panhandle.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

where are you ...is it snowing ?  All I can see is white ! 

Posted

Ah yes taking shade from the 93F sun behind a motel wall now have target cell gone up near Pampa so heading South and them SW

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

Just now going to head to Childress and see what we can get tomorrow.

So, but will leave the stream on

Tom

Posted

Things did get going in the target area and far W OK Panhandle but not until 03Z or so. As you say, forcing not strong enough until then to break the cap.

Weds sees potential for some Caprock Magic later.