Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Day 26 - Reports & Pictures (KS/OK)

Paul Sherman

Posted

Started the day in Amarillo and had a pretty good idea on where storms should be firing with a target if Guymon in the Oklahoma Panhandle. This day reminded me a little of the Graham (Tx) day where lots of small storms would mill about for a few hours raining on each other until 1 Supercell took hold and bossed proceedings, and thats how it worked out the only different part was 2 Supercells ended the day squaring up to each other.

One thing these storms had early and late in their life was some of the most stunning Cg's we have ever seen, this in part to the elevated nature of the storms early. We were also treated to some spectacular structure, I should really have gone west on Highway 270 at about 830pm to a stunning Classic Supercell on the end of the line but our stomachs won through and we headed into Woodward early, we still were able to keep an eye on this storm from 15 miles to the east though.

After we got back to Woodward a 2nd round of storms fired and we were then treated to 4 hours of stunning electricity which finally abated at about 3am.

A nice chase to get back into it after the tragic events of last friday.

post-24-0-16790500-1370354334_thumb.jpg - 3 Amigos Cg Strike (Kind of Fitting Really)

post-24-0-73518600-1370354376_thumb.jpg - Structure at end of day,

post-24-0-33685000-1370354425_thumb.jpg - 1 of the 50 shots I got, it really was like taking candy from a baby.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

What a good chase day and a lovely supercell for Tony's birthday.  We arrived back in Woodward and the storms all came through the area at one point putting the lights out. We finally got to be about 3am once the noise had gone.

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Love Paul's 3 Amigos photo and a happy belated birthday to Tony Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Wow, what a beautiful birthday present !!! :clapping:

More to come once I sort out my technical issues.........