Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

A dull grey start this morning, wind isn't so strong today. Cloud is just a solid gry lump, hopefully it will break and the sun will come out, but not looking like it at the moment. Had my first good night sleep for ages last night, didn't wake up to 7, those pain killers did the business for my old knees, problem is I don't want to take pain killers? Anyone know of something that is non prescriptive that I might be able to take for a good night sleep, problem is arthritic knees (both)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Posted Image

wednesday

a west to south west flow and breezy

temps still quite warm around 22 degrees and starting to feel humid

should stay dry am but some heavy showers moving in in the afternoon (thundery?)

Posted Image

thursday

a very weak westerly flow

looks dry am but there may be some heavy showers triggered in the afternoon

temps again 22-24 degrees and feeling humid

ukmo for friday

Posted Image

westerly flow and still warm

temps around 20

looks mainly dry this but all subject to change

Thanks john great updates as always

I am going camping friday to sunday in seaford so i am sure the weather will turn!

I will keep watching all week :)

Posted

more  like  winter  outside again  ,looking  at the  models looks  like  summer  gone  south again!!!

Posted

Guess what? Dull, grey, windy and cold again. I doubt we"ll get above 12C again today. According to Met Office, we might see the sun briefly on Tuesday afternoon. An epic "warm spell" indeed for East Norfolk!

its   nice day for a  have a  walk at  cromer  ,its cold  there on a good  day, i  was up there at easter in  the snow!!!

Posted

Good morning.

Like so many things in life, it was all too good to be true and this morning sees thick cloud over Eastbourne after a stunning day of good weather yesterday.

It looks like it might clear up in places later today but I think we all know this week is not going to replicate last week, with some rain sweeping in from the West at times and possible thundery breakdowns, the best we can hope for is some electrical storms in the humidity. On this count, Friday into Saturday looks OK according to GFS:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dull and grey with drizzle, 11.8oC..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

socks needed this morning.

I am sure the sun will make it through laterPosted Image

Have a lovely sunday all x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms! High Winds! Tornadoes! Hurricane!

I'm cold :-( what a difference a day makes. I think it will take a long time before this cloud cover burns back to the coast!

Posted

Just a hint of brightness here and the Nero satellite shows it thinning and breaking. Clouds have gone from uniform grey to defined clouds. Still can't complain in north Essex where my weather station has recorded 87 hrs of sunshine already. (and I think this should actually be higher as we had six days on the trot of totally Unbroken sunshine with sun up from 5am to 9pm)

Edited by fine wine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

From a cool, cloudy Croydon with hint of drizzle in the air. Change of weather type still on course for late Tues. into Weds but not sure we'll get a lot of rain as pressure stays relatively high.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

Tom. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A dull grey start this morning, wind isn't so strong today. Cloud is just a solid gry lump, hopefully it will break and the sun will come out, but not looking like it at the moment. Had my first good night sleep for ages last night, didn't wake up to 7, those pain killers did the business for my old knees, problem is I don't want to take pain killers? Anyone know of something that is non prescriptive that I might be able to take for a good night sleep, problem is arthritic knees (both)?

Feel for you, I've the same problem but more in my shoulders, often have to take painkillers to get some sleep! Really don't like doing it so went to docs again last week and he referred me to a rheumatologist. Finally! Go and see your GP, that's why we pay national insurance!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Disappointingly cloudy, sun just peeped through for about 15 seconds but looks like it will be cloudy for most of the day now....boo! 13C, absolute rubbish for 'flaming June'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Signs that the cloud is thinning a little and that in an hour or two the sun might be out once more.  But its fine and dry for getting out and about and we can't have wall to wall sunshine every dayPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Cloudy and chilly here. Yesterday the Sun had evaporated most of the cloud by this point. In fact the weather has slowly deteriorated here since Thursday. Looking forward to the end of the tedious north easterly regime now tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

No sign of any sunshine, here...if anythings it's getting crappier. Can't wait for the Atlantic to show its hand.

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

No sign of any sunshine, here...if anythings it's getting crappier. Cant' wait for the Atlantic to show its hand.

Yes, I've no problem with occasional rain, with sunshine between, at this time of year. I really dislike the persistent cloud associated with these set ups - my worst weather type. I also had hopes that it might be too late in the year for this now. I guess the low SST's have scuppered these. Hopefully though, this'll be the last spell till late Autumn now. :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Been a dull old day with only a hint of sunshine. There's an old saying which says;The English summer is three fine days and a thunder storm.Well, we've had the three fine days....now where's the ruddy thunder storm???âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

We haven't even had three! Nor has it been that warm in this part of the country, I long for a hot summer like most people. Humid, with a huge thunderstorm at the end :D

Posted

Newsflash: The sun has just come out for two seconds.

Run for cover Chris, you could be burned to a frazzle with that level of exposure !!  Not even a hint of sun here and a max of 12.4c so far. That north easterly just won't go either, I asked yesterday if anyone knew why it was so persistent .......any thoughts folks ?

Posted

Feel for you, I've the same problem but more in my shoulders, often have to take painkillers to get some sleep! Really don't like doing it so went to docs again last week and he referred me to a rheumatologist. Finally! Go and see your GP, that's why we pay national insurance!

Thanks for the advice, been to doctors last week and had X-rays, awaiting for them to come back next week when I go back for a chat, but he already warned me that I will need 2 knee replacements, its just a matter of when, being that I'm just 60 I would rather delay any operation, but that obviously dependent on containing the pain etc. oh well not to long to wait now.