Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia...

Link to the previous one here: 

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77025-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-17th-june-2013-onwards/page-36

post-10773-0-50941400-1371773932_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Here we are an image design job for history, because I don't think it will change for properly 300 years.. that's just an estimation might add some more 000000000000000000000000000000000 

post-11361-0-69606700-1371784522_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Posted Image

About sums it all up (again and again and again) .Bloody Jet stream is still not high enough above the UK,To allow more favourable pattern (well overdue). That's why at present Europe are enjoying all our Summer favourites,Heat,Sun and lovely storms. Just follow the flow of the arrows,You could not make it up. Mother nature PLEEEEASE,Give us a break now otherwise the UK will just be a watercress sanctuary.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/rod-liddle/2013/06/met-office-in-crisis-meeting-as-sun-comes-out/

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Seasonal

Arid Acle certainly living up to its name. Despite numerous weather warnings for copious amounts of rain, not a drop to be had hereabouts! Now very little being forecast for today and I expect any predictions for wet weather over the weekend to be steadily downplayed through today. Soon be time to open up the well in the front garden again!

Posted

Yet another dull morning, don't know why I just cut and paste every morning, rather than typing the same everyday. What happened to those glorious mornings of a week or so ago.

Well at least its Friday, unfortunately off to Harlow today so that will mean a 2 hour wait to get across the bridge tonight. Family BBQ on Sunday anyone want to state what the weather might be like, Ashford (Kent) around 1 to 6pm, 3 grand kids want to go mad in the garden, hope the little don't upset her mum again by bring in another live grass snake, heard the scream in Dartford :-)

Posted

Good Morning.

I got up literally at the crack of dawn to watch the Summer Solstice sunrise and of course, the longest day of the year is as dull and dreary as yesterday - possibly more so.

So whenever you view the start of Summer, lets hope it doesn't continue like it has started today!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/06/130621-summer-solstice-2013-longest-day-sun-earth-space-science/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Posted Image

About sums it all up (again and again and again) .Bloody Jet stream is still not high enough above the UK,To allow more favourable pattern (well overdue). That's why at present Europe are enjoying all our Summer favourites,Heat,Sun and lovely storms. Just follow the flow of the arrows,You could not make it up. Mother nature PLEEEEASE,Give us a break now otherwise the UK will just be a watercress sanctuary.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/rod-liddle/2013/06/met-office-in-crisis-meeting-as-sun-comes-out/

Some models yesterday showing the jet moving back to where it's supposed to be at this time of year....has that changed?! :( Well unless the jet moves its more cold, cloud and wind to come, joy!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

50 shades of grey out there today with a little drizzle, as it has been the last few days. Trying to take my mind off the fact that the warm and humid weather has gone out with a whimper rather than with fireworks.

Funny how the evenings have been sunny these last few days after mostly overcast days. Certainly doesn't feel like the summer solstice should this morning, I wonder how many went to Stonehenge to watch the sun rise this morning?

Edited by Nick F

Posted

I wonder how many went to Stonehenge to watch the sun rise this morning?

I thought about Nick, but traffic, parking restrictions and the cloud hanging around yesterday put me off. I'm kind of glad now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-summer-solstice-set-1973241

Edited by Coast

Posted

Here's the latest obs' and as you can see, there is a mass of cloud affecting our region and causing the generally dark and dull conditions:

Posted Image

Wimbledon coming up next week, it's bound to rain....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Morning. Very grey morning, here at 15C currently, W wind. Hoping to see some sunshine on the years longest day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Mmmmmorning all,

Cheer up you lot it's Friday Posted Image

Looks like my plans for a picnic today have gone for a Burton,  it's looking like plan B cinema and pizza instead..oh well happy longest day everyone and have a good one what ever your doing Posted Image

Posted

Looks like that cloud will give us a good smattering of rain today too:

Posted Image

most of the morning and into the afternoon:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Posted Image

I've mentioned before I kno somebody who is embarking on a 3 year investigation as to what has heppened to storms and hot summers with a bunch of other meterologists. They have confirmed pretty much what you have so far in that it is the jetstream that is mainly responsible, BUT they don't yet know why it isn't higher and when it does move up, why it doesn't move as high as it used to. Edited by Lauren

Posted

Today still has a weather warning in place from the MetO:

Issued at - 20 Jun 2013, 12:10
Valid from - 21 Jun 2013, 00:05
Valid to - 21 Jun 2013, 09:00

Further heavy showers or outbreaks of heavy thundery rain could occur across eastern parts of England on Friday. These are more likely in the early hours of Friday into Friday morning.  There is a low risk of intense thundery downpours giving locally 15-20 mm in an hour and 30-40 mm in 3 hours. These should largely ease from the west during the morning, although further scattered thundery showers are possible on Friday afternoon. However these are less likely to lead to any disruption.

The weekend is shaping up for us to have scattered showers into the afternoon on Saturday 

Posted Image

The same on Sunday but dying out to a dull day in the South of the region, with more persistent rain to the North of our patch

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

The reports I received from my friend in the Speyer area in Germany of the storms last night remind me exactly why I don't like them. She said it was really frightening with many houses damaged by lightning and without power (fortunately not hers), large hail and destructive winds. I picked up her skype message this morning just as the storm was arriving, and the evening was plunged into premature pitch darkness, and she then had to shut down fast so I didn't receive it till this time.

Fortunately at her home all is well (apart from nerves). The temperature has dropped sharply and this morning is back to around 16C from about 36C in the last few days. Her eldest son had been trying to study last night for an exam at school this morningPosted Image Posted Image

Here there is yet to be hardly a drop of rain since a few showers earlier on Monday when the humid weather arrived. So plenty of watering ahead despite the rain forecast from the west over the weekendPosted Image . But I am very pleased to have escaped the sort of weather described above - not much fun there.

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Here there is yet to be hardly a drop of rain since a few showers earlier on Monday when the humid weather arrived. So plenty of watering ahead despite the rain forecast from the west over the weekend . But I am very pleased to have escaped the sort of weather described above - not much fun there.

Good Morning Tamara,

I have a feeling the water butt could be emptied here later today, I'm not sure there is enough on its way to fill it up again just yet though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It rained! It even made the path wet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Good Morning Tamara,

I have a feeling the water butt could be emptied here later today, I'm not sure there is enough on its way to fill it up again just yet though

I use old water from the fish tank for the plants when the water is changed and fresh dechlorinated treated tap water goes in. In summer that comes in very useful when the plants are thirsty most of the time and is a good food source for them, that costs no money at all as wellPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Ditto most of the above. What a dismally grotty outlook. Maybe if we ALL try picturing the Jet Stream and then imagining us all moving it North just by the power of thought.....weeeeeelllllll! It was just an idea. :D

Have a good POETS day everyone. :)

Posted

Mornin each. Ditto most of the above. What a dismally grotty outlook. Maybe if we ALL try picturing the Jet Stream and then imagining us all moving it North just by the power of thought.....weeeeeelllllll! It was just an idea. :D Have a good POETS day everyone. :)

Lol, I have a book called Instant Cosmic Ordering by Barbel Mohr. Gonna give that a try later! Very grey here, breezy and cool, hoping the sun will work through ASAP.

Posted

Morning all

I know it's grey and dull and all that, and the weekend looks cool and showery and breezy, but next week looks like it might not be too bad..... perhaps (usual legal disclaimer applies)

AS