Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning gang,

Perverse as it may seem, it's nice to have some rain. It was feeling very dusty out there and of course the garden is very grateful.

Blustery wind and grey skies here but that's ok as Monday onwards looks to be lovely. Have a pleasant w/end all.

Posted

Morning gang,

Morning Jan!

You better hold on to your hat today!

post-6667-0-45772300-1371887745_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning gang,

Perverse as it may seem, it's nice to have some rain. It was feeling very dusty out there and of course the garden is very grateful.

Blustery wind and grey skies here but that's ok as Monday onwards looks to be lovely. Have a pleasant w/end all.

The grass is looking greener already, Jan...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well, looks a bit grotty out there this morning but the rain has stopped, am happy we've had some useful rain too. Hopefully we'll see done sun today, shame about the yucky wind tho. Temp currently a cool 13C on the Staines Riviera.

Sun is out now :) temp 16C.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Miserable drizzle here - and its sneaking under the radar - literally, it is too low to show on the rain radar. Very annoying as I am off to a wedding and I am meant to be forecasting when there will be dry slots!

Posted

Very annoying as I am off to a wedding and I am meant to be forecasting when there will be dry slots!

Good luck with that Ed, I don't think there will be many of them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Well it's dry here at the moment but it obviously rained in the night...I was out for the count so I've no idea how much or when but there are some puddles this morning !

Have a lovely day folks....I'm seeing two different friends today as I'm not working so it's bacon buttie and shower time now - the sun has just appeared as I type (I'm trying to ignore the black clouds) so it's looking promising.

Posted

Very annoying as I am off to a wedding and I am meant to be forecasting when there will be dry slots!

Actually it might be the wind that spoils the photography:

Posted Image

Posted

I think the big rain will be mostly in East Anglia:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all - A damp, grey, breezy and cool start to the day here... But at least it the weekend 😃. Have a enjoyable one everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

I am hoping things will be Ok - it is brightening up now - the bride has to ride in an open horse and cart thingy!

Posted

I am hoping things will be Ok - it is brightening up now - the bride has to ride in an open horse and cart thingy!

I hope she has a matching umbrella then! 

Posted

Morning all, I see its still Autumn... can someone wake me up when summer arrives

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Much as I long for the sun, it was lovely to wake up to the sound of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Looks to be brightening up a bit in The Swich. Looking at my weather app, it may get a little warmer later today. I'd love to be on the sea front somewhere today and get the cobwebs blown off. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Yes it was 10 years.

sorry my minds not what it wasPosted Image

Going to a bbq today at a friends house warming.

Already marinading the meat for the kebabs so i hope it still goes ahead!

Just hoping the weather in the med is nice in 20 days,as thats when we are off on our hols.

Rather hoped that sail away from southampton will be nice too.

But doubt it haha.

Have a good weekend anyway folksPosted Image .

Posted

Morning all, I see its still Autumn... can someone wake me up when summer arrives

An hour after posting the above, the sun has come out putting me in a much better mood. Very breezy out there though so expecting a few blustery showers to pass through during the day. Hopefully that will save me having to water the plants later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

No sun here, but tis rather breezy, hardly cool either (17oC) and apart from some light rain/drizzle earlier it has remained dry (for now), bet it waits until I need to pop into town later...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I hope she has a matching umbrella then! 

Rob, typical, neither of us gave a topical tip from Ascot yesterday and guess what won the last race there, Lightning Cloud at 25/1.

Nothing much stands out from a meteorological pov today, only Cloudy Spirit (5.35) but cant really fancy that.

Actually fancy Ladyship (4.25) a little bit but can hardly tip myself out of bed, let alone tip winners of races! I know nothing!

Back on topic, cloudy with some sunny spells here in Croydon and pretty blustery, will be lucky to escape the showers, later on.

Hope you all have a lovely day and weekend.

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Afternoon all :)

Welcome rain this morning, the odd shower this afternoon. Just waiting for a clear slot so I can crack on in the garden again :)

Did anyone spot the Freudian slip in Nick F's Saturday outlook? 

"Then a pretty similar day on Sunday, remaining cool with further showers moving through across most areas, driven along by a strong wetserly or northwesterly wind." Posted Image

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just had a heavy downpour here. So beating the last few "thundery" days already Posted Image

Posted

Good afternoon folks and I hope you are making the best of your weekend so far. Summer ( last Wednesday afternoon ) was nice while it lasted but I can't decide whether to classify today as Spring or Autumn in these parts.

Spring - Based on the frequent showers throughout the day so far. The radar shows a veritable shower train running up from the South West and targeting north west/north London with alarming accuracy.

Autumn - Based on the near incessant wind with strong gusts in the showers. For the last few hours the temperature has wavered between 14c ( in the showers ) to a maximum so far of 19c.

It's not a complete write off of a day I grant you, but it's not the kind of day you can comfortably enjoy outside either. There are some tentative signs that things may improve next week though, so fingers crossed eh ? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Good afternoon folks and I hope you are making the best of your weekend so far. Summer ( last Wednesday afternoon ) was nice while it lasted but I can't decide whether to classify today as Spring or Autumn in these parts.

Spring - Based on the frequent showers throughout the day so far. The radar shows a veritable shower train running up from the South West and targeting north west/north London with alarming accuracy.

Autumn - Based on the near incessant wind with strong gusts in the showers. For the last few hours the temperature has wavered between 14c ( in the showers ) to a maximum so far of 19c.

It's not a complete write off of a day I grant you, but it's not the kind of day you can comfortably enjoy outside either. There are some tentative signs that things may improve next week though, so fingers crossed eh ? Posted Image

Enjoying the day but not the weather, it's that worst kind of summers day where it's not cold but not warm, spots of rain on and off and lots of cloud. Won't mention the wind as that would just be moaning lol :)