Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your top 3 dream weather dates!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Dating in the weather

Something I have been thinking about is what weather would I like to be in while on a date!

Imagine If you were taking someone out for the first time or maybe going out on a date with your partner what weather conditions would you like to be experiencing during a date? It can be quite romantic in some situations! This could be in a restaurant during a hurricane with the lights flickering, maybe a walk in the park on a hot summers day, playing in the snow or just sitting on a boat during a flood, being up on a mountain having a picnic looking out above the fog below, sitting on the beach on a warm evening watching lightning while having a take-away meal or looking out a hotel window during a thunderstorm.

Your top 3 can be in a simple list or can be in a more longer post describing it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Being a weather enthusiast and weather watcher it's quite a pick! I would spend a date in most types of weather, of course there would be a type of weather anyway but there really must be something i'd like to turn up or experience at a certain time.. .

Cloudy drizzle/damp windy and cold.. romantic? make things more enjoyable? I expect most people would say no to that! Do you think the person you'd be with at the date needs to like the weather events as much as you? 

Would you plan going out around the expected time of a particular weather event you know about that's forecast?

My top 3 - 

1 - Nice and very warm evening having a picnic with her on a high hill at dusk as an imported thunderstorm heads in, lightning increasing only slowly but frequent and spectacular, can't hear the thunder it's calm light winds and very warm with clear skies above us.

2 - In a restaurant at a hotel, having our meal, cat 1 hurricane on the way winds gradually building howling outside, most people leave the room we are there almost alone the winds roaring through the building, rain battering the windows over the other side of the restaurant we are on a side next to a main wall.

3 - Hot clear blue skies at the beach but storm clouds building up over sea, the tide gone out far, we get some fish n chips and sit on the sand and stones, it's a beautiful day many people around, the seashore waves and seagulls, a storm breaks out we watch it head in, it develops fast, the car is a mile or so a way we won't make it, finding a shelter to sit in and ride out the storm it has an open front towards the beach! loud and scary thunder torrential rain, completely soaked, going back to the car drenched!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

My top 3 dream weather dates would be:-

1) A walk in the Park on a crisp cool clear Autumn afternoon.

2) A restaurant with a blizzard raging outside.

3) A picnic on a sunny but cool summer day.

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

an evening walk home after a hot day about this time of year,in fact exactly this time of year,when it s still light at 11pm

a picnic on a lovely summers day in the dales

cosying up at home with the mother of all blizzards raging

of course my date would be keeley Donovan!!!!!

Posted

1. A warm dry sunny day in late May-early July, with no cloud, sunshine lasting well into the long evening with a superb sunrise and sunset. Temperatures maxing around the 23 degree mark.

2. A snowy day from dawn until dusk depositing about a foot of snow - preferably much more... temperatures staying below freezing throughout, but no wind thus maintaining an even cover everywhere.

3. A cold frosty morning in late October-early November giving way to a fine dry settled chilly day before the frost returns in time fo dusk but not before a lovely sunset set against the autumn colours..

Mmm could do with a top 5 - a dry sunny sub freezing day with snow deep and crisp on the ground in Dec or Jan can't be beaten under arctic still air, stormy autumnal days are a treat as well, and you can't beat a cracking thundery display on hot summer evenings and nights - we don't get them anymore though!

Note one thing I've not mentioned is rain... a complete wet day is never a good day, though an april showers day with hail, sleet and snow and rain or a showery stormy autumn day are good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

if/when I get a date I will let you know

Posted

if/when I get a date I will let you know

Imagination?

Posted

1. A warm dry sunny day in late May-early July, with no cloud, sunshine lasting well into the long evening with a superb sunrise and sunset. Temperatures maxing around the 23 degree mark.

2. A snowy day from dawn until dusk depositing about a foot of snow - preferably much more... temperatures staying below freezing throughout, but no wind thus maintaining an even cover everywhere.

3. A cold frosty morning in late October-early November giving way to a fine dry settled chilly day before the frost returns in time fo dusk but not before a lovely sunset set against the autumn colours..

Mmm could do with a top 5 - a dry sunny sub freezing day with snow deep and crisp on the ground in Dec or Jan can't be beaten under arctic still air, stormy autumnal days are a treat as well, and you can't beat a cracking thundery display on hot summer evenings and nights - we don't get them anymore though!

Note one thing I've not mentioned is rain... a complete wet day is never a good day, though an april showers day with hail, sleet and snow and rain or a showery stormy autumn day are good.

@top5, Wanted to make it more difficult, it is possible to select 3 favs though, which could cover most liked weathers.. hot day, frost or snow,  for example.

I had to go for thunderstorms over snow, I love snow and is especially romantic even more so when it's snowing, but I would not enjoy leaving a restaurant and going out freezing getting a runny nose! or getting freezing out in it ,for example. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

1, a warm sunny night in a hotel during an earthquake.

2, picnic on mount etna while it erupts with a T8 tornado sucking the ash cloud away to reveal a distant Tsunami . 3, a barbeque camping date, a hot day, and during the night a category 5 hurricane comes over, while we sleep through the whole event in our tent.

Edited by Sprites

Posted

1, a warm sunny night in a hotel during an earthquake.2, picnic on mount etna while it erupts with a T8 tornado sucking the ash cloud away to reveal a distant Tsunami . 3, a barbeque camping date, a hot day, and during the night a category 5 hurricane comes over, while we sleep through the whole event in our tent.

And if get through that maybe camp out in a meteor strike?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Imagination?

Good lord no, I could never post that here...

...I will be banned for life!