friday

a very weak and variable

should be dry and sunny

temps 22 degrees

Posted Image

saturday

again a variable flow

looks dry

after early morning mist clears from coastal areas temps should be around 22-24 degrees

Posted Image

sunday

a breezy easterly flow

temps all dependant on cloudcover

from 20-26 where sunny

looks dry

will start to feel humid

Posted Image

raw fax for monday looks the same as sunday

slightly higher uppers so temps a tad higher

looks dry and humid

sunny????

Posted

Hi bb

Playing caution as well

The fax charts should now help with wind flow now

Weather should be ok

Its the cloudcover which will be key for us

Be back later :-)

Thanks as always for your informative posts and charts JP. Posted Image

Posted

Posted Image

gfs 18z Posted ImagePosted Image

shows a cool down on the 13th

think i can call the main run an outlier Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

now

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

show a cool down around the 12th

so a difference of opinion then

nothing new there

one thing in common though is they both show dry to 13th-14th

goodnight allPosted Image

Posted

Morning all. I hate it when I cant sleep, and tonight has been one of those nights. Pouring down with rain here but overnight rain is a good thing for replenishing the gardens. Have a good day y'all Posted Image

Posted

Dull and damp here in depressing Dartford, nice to hear that the forecast cool down is at least on the card for the 12th / 13th so what's that about a week of heat, no sleep because the phone won't stop ringing, grumpy engineers and worse of all grumpy engineers wife's, of to our Peterborough office for another engineer interview, from the people who know him seems a very good engineer, lets hope we can tempt him.

That mean only one more engineer to go, oh and a manager to run them all, anyone interested in a job that when its hots it means, no sleep because the phone won't stop ringing, grumpy engineers and worse of all grumpy engineers wife's hope someone is, so I can or the first time in my life enjoy the pleasure of a summer rather then come on here looking for a cool down.

Hope you all have a healthy and successful day today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Approaching lunchtime here - 4 hours ahead of you.

Just to prove I'm not sat at home drinking gin, with a sun lamp, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures to prove I'm away.

One is of the bar in the hotel. The exotic drinks there should be a give away. The other one is of local wildlife. Posted Image

post-11059-0-11290800-1372832995_thumb.j

post-11059-0-48141600-1372833048_thumb.j

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Approaching lunchtime here - 4 hours ahead of you.

Morning Steve, is lunch on you then?!!

The early morning rain is slowly clearing to the East and should be out of our region by lunchtime leaving us dry but overcast. 

The continuing signs are there for a very hot week from Saturday onwards and I keep hearing and reading rumours of 30°C being breached somewhere in the UK in that time period. I can't find any specific charts this morning that indicate that, but I suspect it will be a localised thing only forecast on the day, or day before.

So if there is the chance of maxing out at 30°C+ in the next 7 to 10 days, what's you best guess as to when it will happen, what the top temp (according to MetO daily reports) will be and where do you think we might see it? Will it be in our region????

Answers not on a postcard, but in here please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

post-10773-0-89724900-1372835295_thumb.j

The overnight rain has cleared here but still a few puddles hanging around, hopefully it will be nice later - I'm having tea out this afternoon...

post-10773-0-21550200-1372835513_thumb.j

...hopefully some photo opportunities in the deer park as well so watch this space and have a nice day peeps Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Looking at this morning's charts, there seems to be a nice spell of summer weather coming up. What I don't like is that after 10 days or so, the high pressure relocates to the Atlantic, rather than Europe, meaning less of a chance of a thundery breakdown... Mind you, it's FI territory and in any case high summer has only just started.

Here are a couple of tropical rainstorm pics. Unfortunately there was no thunder associated.

post-11059-0-71483500-1372837520_thumb.j

post-11059-0-27886700-1372837558_thumb.j

Posted

Looking at this morning's charts, there seems to be a nice spell of summer weather coming up. What I don't like is that after 10 days or so, the high pressure relocates to the Atlantic, rather than Europe, meaning less of a chance of a thundery breakdown... Mind you, it's FI territory and in any case high summer has only just started.

Pretty much sums it up I think Steve. It will be interesting to follow the MOD thread for the next few day and see what others think, but I think we have a fairly settled period coming up and I will be enjoying the sun that's on it's way and possibly the higher temps, as long as they are sustained for days on end.

Posted Image

Looks like the could could be thinning slowly:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Morning. Currently 16C and cloudy. Looks like we had a shower overnight :) Ground still very dry though, been digging on the allotment and its bone dry down to about a foot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning all!

Very oomid!

Posted

Morning all!

Very oomid!

Morning Pete!

There is a nice breeze, but the numbers are suggesting 'humid' as you so eloquently say! :lol: 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

Morning all,

A damp and cloudy start to the morning with 2.7mm of rain overnight, currently 16.8C. Last rain for some time though!

Looks like a fantastic weekend of weather is coming up, with temperatures into the mid-twenties celsius and widespread sunshine.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm961.gif

And continuing into the start of the new week too:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm1201.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rukm1441.gif

Morning Steve, is lunch on you then?!!

The early morning rain is slowly clearing to the East and should be out of our region by lunchtime leaving us dry but overcast. 

The continuing signs are there for a very hot week from Saturday onwards and I keep hearing and reading rumours of 30°C being breached somewhere in the UK in that time period. I can't find any specific charts this morning that indicate that, but I suspect it will be a localised thing only forecast on the day, or day before.

So if there is the chance of maxing out at 30°C+ in the next 7 to 10 days, what's you best guess as to when it will happen, what the top temp (according to MetO daily reports) will be and where do you think we might see it? Will it be in our region????

Answers not on a postcard, but in here please!

I personally reckon the warmest temperatures in the UK in this upcoming spell of weather will be further west, perhaps in central southern England for example, or  further up into Yorkshire perhaps where there is less of a breeze. I'll go for 29C in Oxfordshire.

As for our region, I'll go for 28C in central London.

Posted

As for our region, I'll go for 28C in central London.

I tend to look to the Medway Towns for the hottest reported temps, just because they hold records and seem to have consistency in that area for hot days. I'm thinking we may see 30°C early next week and I'd take a punt on Gravesend or Heathrow again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I wish everyone good luck in the coming settled spell. No heatwave here, temperatures perhaps scraping 20 on the beach which will feel nice if the winds stay light. May there be plenty of days where the 30C mark is broken Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Leaving for the med on sat 13th july,hoping for a sunny sail away.

Also a there are a  few american friends arriving in the uk a couple of days before to explore our country.

Be nice for them to have some fine weather.

Especially as the uk as such a reputation for rubbish weather!

So hope the warm weather doesnt break before the 13th please Posted Image

We are visiting france ,italy,spain .

Posted

I wish everyone good luck in the coming settled spell. No heatwave here, temperatures perhaps scraping 20 on the beach which will feel nice if the winds stay light. May there be plenty of days where the 30C mark is broken Posted Image

Another of the myriad facets of life in The Triangle, eh?Posted Image

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted

So hope the warm weather doesnt break before the 13th please Posted Image

Morning floaty!

I think with all the hot weather they have had out there, (depending on where they come from) even 30 might feel nice to them :good: It's a bit too early to go looking out as far as the 11th, but signs are good leading up to that point.

Morning all,

Grey, cloudy and humid today. I don't want that really hot weather Posted Image sorry

Morning Jan!

I can understand your view on the possible hotter spell, not sure how to avoid it without going abroad I'm afraid :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another of the myriad facets of life in The Triangle, eh?Posted Image

Joys of living by the sea, should reach the mid twenties in Beccles, I lived round that area for 10 years and it's never been as cool as what the GFS is predicted in set ups like this.

Posted

Joys of living by the sea, should reach the mid twenties in Beccles, I lived round that area for 10 years and it's never been as cool as what the GFS is predicted in set ups like this.

Very true. But I haven't worked out just why, yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Cloudy but very warm and humid in Ippy. And it smells fresh. Unlike the other night when the Orwell niffed a bit....phew!

Hope you all have a fabulous Hump Day. :D

Posted

Morning all,

Grey, cloudy and humid today. I don't want that really hot weather Posted Image sorry

Morning All 

I totally agree Jan - I love summer, I love the sun, but just not with temperatures of say,,,, 25c or more (although with a cool breeze it's a different story).  Maybe I would feel different if I didn't have the pleasure of travelling to and from work on a train with temperatures that must be well above 100f and having to wilt in an office with most windows painted shut and no air conditioning.

And to top it off, if the last few years are anything to go by, suffering the heat and humidity isn't even rewarded with a proper thunderstorm...

Anyway, that's enough moaning from me - I guess we can't change what mother nature is going to throw our way next week - I only wish I had annual leave booked!

Hope everyone is well Posted Image

Posted

Very true. But I haven't worked out just why, yet...

GFS is the Eastenders of weather models, it's terrible but we all still watch it with interest Posted Image