Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Morning All 

Anyway, that's enough moaning from me - I guess we can't change what mother nature is going to throw our way next week - I only wish I had annual leave booked!

Morning SR, Morning K!

You could always throw a sicky and just hope none of your work colleagues are on the beach! Perhaps you should try Hastings? :lol: 

Posted

Morning SR, Morning K!

You could always throw a sicky and just hope none of your work colleagues are on the beach! Perhaps you should try Hastings? Posted Image

Pfft, if I did, you could guarentee mist, gale force winds and grey skies if Sunday was anything to go by!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Morning all!! Hope everyones well and looking forward to the weekend ahead :)

Posted

Morning all!! Hope everyones well and looking forward to the weekend ahead Posted Image

Morning hbl!

I think a few of us are actually. But with the wide cross-section of peeps and preferences in here, the hotter weather won't be good for everyone.

Posted

Unfortunatelky guys i am desperate for some decent heat. I love hot weather and the ability to sit out in the sun enjoying a bbq and just chilling with a beer and going for a walk in the park with the sun beating down. nothing better and hopefully i can defeat the no storms club at the end of it all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Hi everyone :)

I popped in last month wen everyone was depressed and said don't worry, keep the faith and rubbish weather patterns don't necessarily cement themselves in situ - and hey presto we are on the cusp of a heatwave.

Now some peeps are depressed because its gonna be too hot lol! Ah can't win.

Tho I'm also someone who dislikes humidity and temps above 25 - but I'll take it so my cucumbers can do some catching up! For me the only good thing to come from high temps is that we get those balmy evenings :)

Enjoy the heat wave everyone and remember the sun cream!

Posted

Hi everyone Posted Image

I popped in last month wen everyone was depressed and said don't worry, keep the faith and rubbish weather patterns don't necessarily cement themselves in situ - and hey presto we are on the cusp of a heatwave.

'Ello SS,

So it's you we have to blame/thank for this possible hot spell then eh? :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

osted 16 minutes ago

Jan_Bromley, on 03 Jul 2013 - 10:40, said:Posted Image

Morning all,

Grey, cloudy and humid today. I don't want that really hot weather Posted Image sorry

Quote "Morning All 

I totally agree Jan - I love summer, I love the sun, but just not with temperatures of say,,,, 25c or more (although with a cool breeze it's a different story).  Maybe I would feel different if I didn't have the pleasure of travelling to and from work on a train with temperatures that must be well above 100f and having to wilt in an office with most windows painted shut and no air conditioning."

Morning all,

Agree with Jan and SR, as you all know the London area can become very uncomfortable in hot weather. I find Croydon especially so. with all it's high rise buildings, obv. lots of glass, people and traffic. Fortunately our office has decent air conditioning now, hasnt always been the case though, a few years ago, during one of the warmer summers, we had no air conditioning and had to turn off the majority of the strip lighting, as it was unbearable.

Very pleased that our new house here in Chislehurst seems much cooler than our maisonette was in Anerley. the rooms our larger plus its much less built up than Anerley and we are surrounded by lots of greenery. But think its going to be a freeze box in the winter, we have no adjoining neighbour on our side that faces NE, think it will cost a fortune to heat this place.

Looks like a lovely weekend coming up and set fair for the Womens/Mens Finals at Wimbledon.

Hoping it lasts into the week beginning 15th July, I've got a week off and that grass is advancing rapidly again!

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Regards,

Tom.Posted Image

Posted

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Regards,

Tom.Posted Image

Hi Tom,

I'm not sure today is going to be lovely weather-wise, but the weekend is looking good (depending on your stand-point) - I might have to oil up the mechanism of the convertible roof if it pans out as expected

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

'Ello SS,So it's you we have to blame/thank for this possible hot spell then eh? :whistling:

Hi coast,Nah nothing to do with me I only trigger heat waves wen i leave the country!I've gone all out and dug the electric fan out of the garage. I'm surprised it still works! Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

anyway thought we was to have no nice sunny weather for 10 years???lol

Posted

anyway thought we was to have no nice sunny weather for 10 years???lol

Don't say anything, this could be the last of it! :shok: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Unfortunatelky guys i am desperate for some decent heat. I love hot weather and the ability to sit out in the sun enjoying a bbq and just chilling with a beer and going for a walk in the park with the sun beating down. nothing better and hopefully i can defeat the no storms club at the end of it all

Yes totally agree. It's cold enough most of the year in these islands, some proper warmth is most welcome. Feel sorry for those who have to commute in the heat etc though! Can't be pleasant. Though anyone moaning about warm nights needs to buy a fan :)

Posted

Still humid here in Sussex and that sun is above the clouds, just itching to come out for Friday or Saturday - come on my sun!!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Is it too early to talk about snow?

Current CFS for Xmas day is cold but dry for us, could still change though as we get nearer the day ;-)

Posted

Good evening all. So.......it's shaping up nicely for a of bit proper summer weather then eh ?  I cannot remember the last time I saw such widespread agreement from the models and ensembles.

Re Robins challenge to name where, when and what the maximum temperature will be during this spell I posted my hunch over on the ' Settled Spell' thread but to summarise, while I think Heathrow and Solent could do well, I am going for further west. Somewhere in Gloucestershire or Worcestershire with a max of 31c towards the end of next week, Thursday perhaps. Its all a bit of fun. Posted Image

Posted

Glorious end to day tonight, warm and virtually cloud free, can it be better, even had a good interview today so it looks like a 2 year search has come to an end, now we just need to find 1 more :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I predict 34C reached on the Costa del Staines :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looking so forward to this lovely rare spell of hot weather coming up. Plenty of beer, barbecues and sunbathing in order lined up!

Really is bringing back a sense of pre 2006 nostalgia looking at these sizzling charts :)

What would really be the icing on the cake would be for it to go off with a colossal bang and perhaps a 35c with that plume from Spain seeing us off!! That may be a little wishful at this point though.

Very happy to be seeing some glorious weather for once. The 7 year curse has finally been broken in style :p

That wind may also be very appreciated gently blowing through my window as I get to sleep as well! God I remember them days too well !!

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

48C wherever Craig Evans lives...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

I keep seeing words like heatwave, hot, bbqs.. Temp forecast for here is 17c! why? :( this year this corner has been crap for very type of weather other than grey, cold, cloudy and misrerable. What's going on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I keep seeing words like heatwave, hot, bbqs.. Temp forecast for here is 17c! why? Posted Image this year this corner has been crap for very type of weather other than grey, cold, cloudy and misrerable. What's going on?

You might end up being thankful, for a sea breeze, Tilly?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

You might end up being thankful, for a sea breeze, Tilly?

I'd like to be roasting, sod the breeze lol

Posted

Hi all

I reckon the highest for the south east will be 29 degrees around heathrow

Reckon north of england could touch 30 degrees

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=329&y=156&run=12&runpara=0&type=3&ext=1