Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Please use this thread for your regional weather chat and meteorological malarkey! 

Here's the old one:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76701-scotland-alba-regional-discussion-21st-may-2013-onwards/

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

To think we only managed 23c locally as the max temp for the whole of 2012 (Leuchars figures)...and we've surpassed that four out of the last five days alone this July.

25c here this afternoon, sunny spells, 20mph westerly breeze. Glorious!

• Like 1

Posted

Fresh west wind currently 22c and  neeps weeded,they have doubled in size in the last 4 days. Amazing what a bit of heat can do.  However stories emerging of silage pits only two thirds filled with no prospect of a heavy  2nd cut especially as grass is growing downwards or shrivilling up.Echos of 76

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Another dreich and misty day up here today: Top temp was just 12.9C. Currently 12.8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Bright intervals here with a fresh Westerly breeze. Warm enough with a max of 24.1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Nice evening. 21.5 °C. Light cloud. Nice it's a bit cooler.

Been having more than normal levels of flies in the recent heat. So much so I broke my traditional swat (try to avoid the sprays). Doing my head in.

Was looking on Amazon looking for a new one and came across this:

The Executioner.

Posted Image

Got one due to the reviews.

Just press the button, listen to the whine as the capacitor charges, then hello you we barstools...

OMG. They *%!!*@'# explode!

Beware, it brings out the dark side in you. Mu ha ha ha!

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

More cloudy day here, even tried to rain - a whole three spots.  Trying to remember when I last experienced a long dry spell in July. 

Posted

Just for the hell of it another fantastic sunsetpost-2744-0-04840400-1374008634_thumb.jp Currently 17.5c

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all - another gloriously sunny one in NE Fife - I think we've had the best of it this week....but are about to pay the price come the weekend!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ta/

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

A lot of dry hot and sunny weather on Friday and the weekend, though turning less warm towards the east with an increasing chance of coastal haar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Well a great morning in lochgelly and also in Alloa. Almost perfect blue skies! Going to be a warm one today maybe get 25 in Lochgelly. Just wondering how we may be affected by any cloud an haar this weekend?

The GFS is looking like it could be indicating a breakdown next week sometime (just in time for my hols) lol, still to far in FI though i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Well some cloud the noo but still very warm and sunny. There sre still some hefty gusts of wind every now and then too, expect these to die down in the next day or so. Actualy got the bus to work this morning so i had th chance to peek out the window more and noticd just how dry the land and crops look. Not the usual lush greens but lots of developing browns and yellows! not had that in a long long while.

Posted

A cloudier day than of late here but still warm at 23c at 1pm.

Posted

23c currently with a fresh west wind.   Spent the day with a compressor blowing out all the filters and cabs on both tractors.   Never seen them so dusty

Crops on sandy fields are now turning white even winter wheat which likes hot weather. The wind is dessicating the countryside. Expect it will make the media in the next week or so if it stays dry with no rainfall.  Harvest prospects are diminishing by the day on the coastal plain in sandy fields . All this after severe duststorms in these fields in April.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

Friday seem like melting point for us .growing coconuts shortly .bannana boat rides up the Clyde

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We were down at North Berwick watching people swearing and struggling with their yachts. Very interesting Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well I have finally melted! Today was the first time ever that I could not sit on the beach because it was far too hot. I would even go as far as to say downright dangerous! Never ever experienced heat like this in this country, although I know it has been higher down here at times. What a fortnight, with the exception of a cool north easterly in the middle of last week, it has been wall to wall sunshine and rising temperatures. Certainly has recharged my sunshine batteries! I can now officially say that I look like my avatar!.......God help me! I believe I am bringing some of this unbelievable weather back home with me too!

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted

I liked the first part, not the 2nd NL!!

It looks like the decent weather will continue, although the more coastal easties will be cursing the North Sea in the next few days.

I am on a glacial ridge inland from the coastal plain with a reasonable proportion of boulder clay overlying old red sandstone which retains moisture better.The wet years have done us no favours but the sandy coastal plain does well in these years but looking down on these prematurely ripening fields is difficult as it will catch up with us in about 10 days if we get no rainfall. Winter feed is going to be very short(no carry over stocks left) as we lost a months growth in spring due to the severe cold and now drought. Almost as challenging as the cold and wet of last summer.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Friday seem like melting point for us .growing coconuts shortly .bannana boat rides up the Clyde

Thats funny....my mum often used to ask if i thought she came up the Clyde in a banana boat?!!

Posted

I liked the first part, not the 2nd NL!!

It looks like the decent weather will continue, although the more coastal easties will be cursing the North Sea in the next few days.

Thanking not cursing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Yet another foggy day! Temp currently 11.9C. Wind WNW @ 7 kts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Yikes it's going to be another scorcher!! Great stuff.

A special plea though for the weekend - has anyone got a spare room for the weekend in the West? Can't stand the thought of the dreaded haar!!!:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

A bit confused I thought this cloud from the low would move away by today?

Edited by Allyw12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

A bit confused I thought this cloud from the low would move away by today?

Clearing nicely now Allyw. Temperature at 11.00 is 24.3C ie. too warm for my liking. Posted Image

• Like 1