Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

I can safely admit I hate golf, and tennis, and snooker. Rich kids getting paid for hitting balls around, not even a team event in the main. Besides, what on earth does this have to do with the weather?

Oi you...behave or you'll have the Bromley Mafia giving you an early morning wake up call. As the founder of the Snow Depth Cup, Tom can talk about whatever he likes in this topic.......capiche ??  Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Oi you...behave or you'll have the Bromley Mafia giving you an early morning wake up call. As the founder of the Snow Depth Cup, Tom can talk about whatever he likes in this topic.......capiche ??  Posted ImagePosted Image

Sorry it's a major fail, I want to read about my local weather, not about some trumped up rich kid hitting a ball around !!

Posted

If you don't like a post, why not try ignoring it instead of jumping on people?

When the weather is benign, as it is now, this thread frequently goes "off topic", which we all enjoy.

No-one likes everything Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For those that haven't read it. I like the sound of the latest netweather headline.

It's Going To Go Bang - Storms Brewing

Thunderstorms and torrential downpours are set to take the headlines away from the heat during the coming few days as the fine spell finally breaks down, but even so, Monday is likely to be the hottest of the heatwave with highs peaking at 33-34c, maybe even a 35c possible. 

The reason for the change is low pressure approaching from the southwest, destabilising the atmosphere and eventually pushing fronts up across the country, so we can expect some very lively weather with intense storms which will bring the risk of localised flooding, hail and strong gusting winds. As is often the case with showers and storms though, not everywhere will catch the nastiest conditions. 

Starting Monday, a few storms may well have made their way into southern England and Wales overnight, but in the main it's a dry start to the day. The humidity will give the day an oppressive feel and temperatures will quickly climb through the morning, with much of England and Wales pushing into the high twenties. For southern England - particularly central and eastern parts (away from the slightly cooler coasts) 30c will be exceeded in many parts, with southeast England the likely hotspot with 33-35c on the cards. It's a touch cooler as you head further north, Scotland will peak into the mid-twenties, with the east coast being the exception as low cloud will tend to keep a lid on the temperatures here - the far northeast of England may see similar too.

From late morning the heat will start to trigger some potentially very hefty storms, with southwest England and Wales likely to see them initially before they slowly drift northeast into the Midlands, northern England and eventually southern Scotland during the remainder of the day. More storms with torrential rain are liable to develop in other parts of England and Wales during the latter part of the day and overnight too, again slowly pushing northeast.

Tuesday sees more heat and humidity, although not quite as hot as Monday, and more potentially vicious storms to watch out for - which may well become quite widepsread by this point too. Into midweek, we keep the risk of storms and downpours, and although it will eventually become a little cooler and fresher, it'll still be very warm with highs up into the low to mid twenties for many. 

Summing up though, some potentially very nasty weather about during this week, so keep an eye out for the latest forecasts during the coming days.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I can safely admit I hate golf, and tennis, and snooker. Rich kids getting paid for hitting balls around, not even a team event in the main. Besides, what on earth does this have to do with the weather?

Oh com'on. Don't be so grumpy.... I give you it's a weather forum, but most of us on here are cyber friends, and like sharing other things. When it turns to the winter months this website is top notch and 98% of the posts are all weather related. Just chill out and enjoy 😉

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

What an awful day, foggy... damp it was much worse over Margate

Posted

If you don't like a post, why not try ignoring it instead of jumping on people?

When the weather is benign, as it is now, this thread frequently goes "off topic", which we all enjoy.

No-one likes everything Posted Image

Because, and it's a simple fact. I come here to learn about the weather and the regional observations. The post I objected to was best placed in 'The Sports Zone' forum, or should I go over to the photography forum and discuss convective issues? You see everything is relative, and golf has nothing to do with why I and many others are here!

Posted

Should've come down Folkestone way Victor..nice breeze, sunny and 29c. Perfect :)

Posted

Evening all. Well today started off really cloudy, and with my best efforts, saying it will turn out warm and sunny the wife and children all voted on going to the cinema. So we went to watch Monsters University. (Disney computer generated film) it was absolutely brill deffo recommend for all, not just people with young children 😄. Once it had finished, I got my way though, smothered the boys in suncream lotion and off for a family walk around the nature reserve, finished off by a nice cold ice-cream 😊.

Hey Tom - just out of interest what were odds on Phil Winning the open?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Sounds like you're having a great time, MK. Posted Image You go, gal. Posted Image Funny, but I now have that song in my head...." It's raining Men" Posted Image

K, that's a dreadful song! A song that retro ladies (almost) always like, but retro blokes (almost always) detest! SorryPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Should've come down Folkestone way Victor..nice breeze, sunny and 29c. Perfect Posted Image

Nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Because, and it's a simple fact. I come here to learn about the weather and the regional observations. The post I objected to was best placed in 'The Sports Zone' forum, or should I go over to the photography forum and discuss convective issues? You see everything is relative, and golf has nothing to do with why I and many others are here!

Okay, fair enough. But even weather geeks sometimes talk about something else? Just relax - this is the SE & EA thread, after all...Posted Image

Posted

Oh com'on. Don't be so grumpy.... I give you it's a weather forum, but most of us on here are cyber friends, and like sharing other things. When it turns to the winter months this website is top notch and 98% of the posts are all weather related. Just chill out and enjoy

Not being grumpy Leigh, we have a major weather event staring us in the face and I want to read facts, not sporting anecdotes!

Posted

Sorry it's a major fail, I want to read about my local weather, not about some trumped up rich kid hitting a ball around !!

Lol.....well we do occasionally discuss the weather as well here. The fact we don't always stick rigidly to the rules is the very reason this marvellous SE/EA thread is alive and well long after all the other regions have fallen asleep. It's what we do, and long may it continue. Join the party and enjoy the ride Posted Image

Posted

Its amazing the micro climates we have in the BI really. I was driving round London yesterday, and it felt cool, and my brother-in-law who lives in Wales was experiencing hot hot temps. Just need to take the rough with the smooth fella. 😉

Posted

Afternoon all,

Hope you have all had lovely weekends.  We went to Dover this afternoon - We haven't been there before so wasn't sure what to expect.  We didn't have enough time to visit the castle (we plan on doing that very soon) but we did take a walk around the White Cliffs of Dover.  

There were a few moments up there where I felt the need to fling myself to the ground in fear (it was quite windy and I hated being too close to the edge!) But all in all, we had a lovely afternoon.  Here's some pics taken on my mobile, so the quality is a bit rubbish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

Gonna have a lager and chill, sorry for the rant, I hate golf! Might get a few ZZZzz's before the storms arrive.

Stay safe everyone!

Posted

Not being grumpy Leigh, we have a major weather event staring us in the face and I want to read facts, not sporting anecdotes!

There are not that many posts to trawl through for info. Are you serious, or is there a joke I'm not understanding?Posted Image

Posted

There are not that many posts to trawl through for info. Are you serious, or is there a joke I'm not understanding?Posted Image

No joke, have you been following the convective topic?

Posted

No joke, have you been following the convective topic?

Don't need to. I work out most things for myself, whether correct or otherwise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Ok,

I think I'd better respond to Wet n' Drys post. I take on board what you've posted re. being OT but I think you'll find on this friendly Regional Thread, that a lot of us talk about how we are spending our day and not just about the weather, whether it's weather related or not. I quite like to hear what sort of day you've all had and don't find it annoying at all.

Perhaps I do mention sport a bit too much and I'll try and keep that to a minimum, in future. As my job does involve sport, I do mention it now and again but try and incorporate a bit of weather too. But if some members find it annoying, I apologise.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Gonna have a lager and chill, sorry for the rant, I hate golf! Might get a few ZZZzz's before the storms arrive.

Stay safe everyone!

I doff my cap to anyone who is big enough to apologise. Posted Image . Now where did I put my beer ? Posted Image

Posted

Why is nobody talking about that mcs over northern france.. 0.0

Maybe it will die out as it heads north,that would be par for the course though,Posted Image.