Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 22nd July 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Okay here we go again.....try to remain calm and stay vaguely on topic please Posted Image

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77284-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-17th-july-2013-onwards/page-24#entry2743948

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Hi all as you may know or not know that we have thunderstorms moving to the top of the page but do not get me wrong the heatwave is very much becoming more severe as those storms develop, as last week we are very much in the heat and today it's storms that are cause for excitement or worry depending what you like, for sure we need and wildlife need the rainfall, though it looks like due to very dry hard ground the water would likely run-off fast and possible flooding might result.

So an interesting situation with the heatwave and what this could bring with the change, not expecting a total cool down but some relief from the heat eventually coming our way. Thunderstorms at night especially would export some cold air flows I'd think(downdrafts), I know we get winds blowing towards storms too. Be nice to get rains to cool it a bit! I don't want to say when it will be cool in the day as things change but the intense heat should start to fade away over the next several days but might bounce back at times.

Posted Image

Wow!! this is today(Monday) high humidity and big thunderstorms possible.

The temperature hitting 32-33C possible record breaking for some maybe 34/35C that is pushing it a bit but it can happen in this set-up as to why it's possible!

This evening and tonight more thunderstorms and imported big scale storms(MCS) overnight tonight look likely! Could (if it does) get one of the best lightning display for many years, I expect lightning to be very flashy really going to be interesting the next two day's.

After that it's hard to be sure what happens but possibly more tstorms.

ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good morning all.Overcast and quite muggy atm. 

Posted Image Moderate Fog  

Feels Like:  13° Wind Chill: 13°   Ceiling: 100 Heat Index: 13°   Visibility: 0.09mi Dew Point: 13°   Wind: 9mph Humidity: 100%   Direction: 30° (NNE) Pressure: 30.03"   Gusts: NA

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Just had a heavy shower, looked back on radar a bit up to now and it sprung up over these areas near SW London, still there! watched some mid level acc earlier these popped up from mid level instability I expect!

First rain for a very long time! can actually smell the rain, which normally only happens when dry for long time.

Posted

Big storm in north France heading up to Le Havre

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Thunder and lightning here in brentford! Thunder is well loud. Bang goes Monday morning lie in on day off!! Raining too...

Posted

The rain is torrential. And the sky very green.

Posted

Can't hear any rain or thunder in Dartford, although its certainly is grey, for those who who want the thunder and rain I hope Thor produces for you, for others who don't, then my mum always found underneath the stairs was the best place, think that was her training from the blitz.

Ruthie the green sky you describe reminds me of when I was very small and my father woke me up to show me the sky, I seat with him for what seems hours and just watched the colour of the sky, we seat on our front step, the view was over Dartford and then the lightning started fork after fork, sheet lightening, bolts you name it and it was thrown at the earth, we just seat there, me having a sneaky cuddle when things got to bad, my mum and the dog hiding under the stairs, then the rain started long while after the lightening must have been an electrical storm I suppose. I remember it was summer and when I went to bed you knew the atmosphere was different it had been a hot spell in summer I would guess around 1956. Never forgot that night my father was a man mountain, he worked as a furnace man and was solid muscle, probable the only time he gave me a cuddle, as man didn't do that sort of thing back in those days.

Thanks to Steve C for his advice last night, if I get annoying or go to much of topic then just let me know :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

It's been thundering - some of it almost directly overhead - for about 20 minutes here in Kensal Green and now it's chucking it down as well.

Can't hear any rain or thunder in Dartford, although its certainly is grey, for those who who want the thunder and rain I hope Thor produces for you, for others who don't, then my mum always found underneath the stairs was the best place, think that was her training from the blitz.Thanks to Steve C for his advice last night, if I get annoying or go to much of topic then just let me know :-)

CK, it would be a boring place if we always spoke about weather and it keeps this forum going.

Misty morning although rather warm and sticky, i think the storm over London maybe something to do with the extra heat from the city.

Posted

It's been thundering - some of it almost directly overhead - for about 20 minutes here in Kensal Green and now it's chucking it down as well.

bet it smells nice tho outside with that rain.. anyway from my end constant booming thunder so far it will miss me, but if it keeps growing it wont.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Cell intensified and sprung from nowhere over London! A sign the ingredients are in place and cape levels on the rise thunder storm fanatics

Posted

Yes that storm started as a heavy shower SW of London, the cell then went into mega mode in just 15 mins was amazing and quite an incredible speed of development considering how actively electric it become in that time. Been on the edge of it, was closer around 30 mins ago moving a way it seems, still hearing very deep rumbles..  

Posted

Still hearing it here. What a wake up call !! More storms tonight and tomorrow morning then?

Posted

An active weather day all I can say oh and that could or should continue the theme overnight. need to keep calm today.

Posted

Wow a huge clap of thunder over Borehamwood just now. Wasn't expecting it until later after the heat of the day so a nice surprise... Hopefully it will be followed with some much needed rain.

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Smiley Carol Smiley has put the kybosh on things - no mention of the H word, she's now substituted "vicious". That'll be a few drops of thundery rain and overcast skies then......someone should have a word with her in private.....Posted Image

Posted

Storms you want then?

Posted Image 

Overnight!

Posted Image

Posted

Morning :)

What a warm night! Never got any lower than 18.7c and was 23c by 07:15 - now 23.7c and sunny..if I don't get a storm after all this heat I will not be pleased ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all, driving past Borehamwood this morning on route to Stanmore and had some lovely flashes and thunder then a massive downpour. Lets  Hope its the sign of more to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely sunny start to the day here for once. Low 30s looks likely across inland parts of the region. 22-25C on the coasts. Great to hear that there are storms already going across the south east, may they continue and grow in frequency Posted Image

Posted

Cloud thinning, sun starting to break through, sky gone a milky white.

Got an easy day today, no M25, just got to whip down to Rochester to meet our new engineer whose having his new van sign written, done well on the engineers front got another 2 starting this month, hopefully that will enough for this year, now we got the labour to cover the hot weather, what's the betting the rain and cold will set in now :-)