Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 22nd July 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Decidedly more muggy here in Sussex this morning and the steering wheel / gear stick felt sticky and damp. I'm looking forward to seeing if this cracks into a decent storm here later tonight!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

Sharp shower here in Epping this morning, lots of unhappy soggy umbrellaless people on their way to the tube station

Guest archiesmummy

Rumble of thunder off that storm west of London bout half 7 this morning, got all excited but nothing come of it, looks good for tonight tho!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Looking at the quite spectacular CAPE charts from the NMM model, I'd say that anybody who didn't hear thunder in the next 48 hours would be very much in the minority!

post-11059-0-37682400-1374482677_thumb.ppost-11059-0-47943800-1374482715_thumb.ppost-11059-0-52350300-1374482780_thumb.p

Posted

Morning all. Posted Image

Looking at the quite spectacular CAPE charts from the NMM model, I'd say that anybody who didn't hear thunder in the next 48 hours would be very much in the minority!

Animated you get an even bigger idea of the possibilities into the early hours:

Posted Image

Posted

Animated you get an even bigger idea of the possibilities into the early hours:

Posted Image

Now you're being flash! I don't know how to do that, but it's a great animation. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Wow! Those charts look good. I'm all of a dither of anticipation now. :D

It's very very warm and muggy in Ippy. Sky milky and its very very still. I love the anticipation of storms as much as the storms themselves.

Good luck everyone and I'll report in when we hear owt. :D

Posted

Now you're being flash! I don't know how to do that, but it's a great animation. Posted Image

:lol: Just hunt online and you'll find something Steve! If you haven''t got your fan by now, it may be too late:

Blow me... Britain's run out of fans: CLAUDIA CONNELL trawled every shop and website for an electric fan to beat the heat - and really lost her cool

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2372914/Blow--Britains-run-fans-CLAUDIA-CONNELL-trawled-shop-website-electric-fan-beat-heat--really-lost-cool.html

Posted

Thunder and lightning here in brentford! Thunder is well loud. Bang goes Monday morning lie in on day off!! Raining too...

That makes sense - driving from Surbiton towards Heathrow at 8.30 we suddenly hit a mile or two of puddles and wet roads a few miles north of Hampton, so guessed you chaps had enjoyed more eventful weather during the night. Humid indeed here today with very high thin and hazy cloud and contrails across the blue sky.

Will have to see if the temp is too high for walking at lunch time - two weeks ago as I walked the running track, I realised the rather tall chap training along the 100 metres stretch was the fastest man in the world as I trudged by at my usual 'speed'; got a bit embarrassed and cut my session short! The Italian school kids looked disapppointed to find just me up there on Friday and asked me 'where is ooosain, his car is in the car park'... perhaps I scared him off?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Yes yes, murk gone, sun out, temps to rocket.

Posted

Good morning.

A nice few days out of our region with faultless blue skies and sunshine. Temperatures in the 30's and a peak of 32°C at Canford Cliffs for quite a while - why leave the country when the weather is this good?

Now for the storms!

The Sandbanks Ferry - possibly one of my favourite sights in the whole wide world:) Lovely pics.

Posted

Morning all,

just finished with the fallout of the storm in west London (Acton) at 6-6.30am. Our depot flooded, offices & computers ruined (as much because of the poor state of the roof). Enjoyed the storm though, cg lightning, very loud thunder and the rain was torrential for a few minutes and was so bad, even London drivers slowed down! Hope it's just a taster of what we're all getting later. Enjoy it folks Posted Image

Edited by Bushey_Rob

Posted

The Sandbanks Ferry - possibly one of my favourite sights in the whole wide world:) Lovely pics.

It was 100% lush this weekend Rs!

Posted

Weather: rain and thunder hit London as glorious sunshine is replaced by humid heat

Temperatures are to reach 32C in London and the south-east today - but heavy rain and thunderstorms are predicted for tomorrow as the record heatwave finally ends. Forecasters are already issuing warnings of possible flooding as torrential rain moves in over much of the country for the next two days.

Some areas of west and north London were hit by rain and thunder early this morning and forecasters are already issuing warnings of possible flooding over the next two days. So far this month has been the driest July since records began, with just 4mm of rain so far but up to two inches could fall over the next 24 hours. A spokesman for the Met Office said: “It will be mainly dry and sunny today, with top temperatures of 32C in London and the south-east.

“Tomorrow will start off bright and sunny but there will be an increasing chance of thunderstorms and heavy rainfall. Temperatures will drop a to 26C but it will still feel quite humid. “Wednesday will continue to be unsettled with rain and some sunny periods, and Thursday and Friday will be cooler.â€

The hottest day of the year so far was recorded at Hampton waterworks in south-west London last Wednesday, at 32.2C.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/weather-rain-and-thunder-hit-london-as-glorious-sunshine-is-replaced-by-humid-heat-8725596.html

Posted

Issued at:

1037 on Mon 22 Jul 2013

Valid from:

1500 on Mon 22 Jul 2013

Valid to:

2200 on Mon 22 Jul 2013

Isolated thunderstorms with very heavy rain, hail and gusty winds are possible later this afternoon and early evening.

The public should be aware of the risk of very localised surface water flooding, particularly if the thunderstorms affect urban areas.

Increasingly hot and humid conditions are likely across many central and southeastern parts of England during today, with the high temperatures likely to trigger a few intense thunderstorms during the late afternoon and evening. These could produce 30 mm of rain in less than an hour, large hail and also squally winds.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1374447600

Sandbanks is your second home I assume ? Posted Image

Well I do like to hang-out with a friend or two from Canford Cliffs.... Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It feels wonderful when walking into Tesco; however, on coming back out...!

Posted

It feels wonderful when walking into Tesco; however, on coming back out...!

Posted Image

Posted

Seems like the south east has been taken out of the worming for the met office

Look at Tuesday and Wednesday Tom:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1374534000

Edited by Coast

Posted

And i have just seen the weather forecast and it looks like the main event will be further west??

Posted

Yes, the first warning is only for isolated storms. The main event seems likely to be from late tonight onwards. :) and this hasn't changed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all. A very clear, calm and hot sunny morning here so far. The only thing that is rumbling is my stomach, hurry up lunch I'm starving 😄