Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 22nd July 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

With Heathrow at 31.3°C an hour ago, I imagine there is a good chance parts of London will see 33°C or maybe 34°C today. I think the rain and cooler conditions will be quite welcome by many for a short while.

Posted

According to Hextable Garden Weather which isn't far from where I live it's now 32.8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Blimey, it's a warm one! Met tweeting 32.8 at Northolt, surely that hasn't peaked yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

32C here, hoping to get to 34C later.

Blimey, it's a warm one! Met tweeting 32.8 at Northolt, surely that hasn't peaked yet

No, still 2-3 hours to go to get peak temps!

Posted

That's just next door to us at uni. Campus is buzzing for graduation, but it's VERY hot out there for the students and their families in their best frocks. Wondering what tomorrow will bring in terms of weather, and pondering what a difference a day may make for tomorrow's graduation attendees. I have to do Wednesday's ceremonies, so hoping for a cool down (but not too much) and an absence of precipitation during the day (thereafter and before, the storms can kick off as much as they like)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yes, just saw that too. Over 34C somewhere later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Now been reported that Heathrow is at 33.1c so should break 34c at some point today. Here in Essex it's currently a 'chilly' 30.5c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Heathrow now 33.1 and on the rise

Posted

Yes, just saw that too. Over 34C somewhere later?

Almost certainly now I'd think Steve :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

33C and rising, feels like a sauna lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Just nudging the 30C here, humidity relatively low at 55%, nice onshore breeze though which is helping :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

24.2C here in Yarmouth, very light Easterly wind, just gorgeous.

90F+ widespread across the south east, looks like the 34C will be reached too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

What's the storm situation for East Anglia for the next 24-48 hrs?

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

There is an increasing risk that many parts of England, Wales and Scotland will see thunderstorms or longer spells of thundery rain during the course of Tuesday, with some torrential downpours in places. The peak risk transfers northeastwards with time and will be clear of most central and southwestern areas by evening.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel, and more generally to summer holiday activities, due to, for example, surface water flooding.

Issued at:

1235 on Mon 22 Jul 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Tue 23 Jul 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Tue 23 Jul 2013

An area of low pressure is expected to increasingly interact with the plume of hot, humid air resident across parts of southern Britain. Whilst preceding days will have seen relatively isolated thunderstorms, the developing set-up on Tuesday and early Wednesday, provides the ingredients for more widespread and energetic storms. Large rainfall totals, falling in short periods (perhaps exceeding 50 mm in 3 hours) and onto hard-baked ground, may lead to flooding locally, with hail and gusty winds an additional possibility.

As is common in such situations, not everywhere will catch the heaviest of the storms, and some places may well escape altogether.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=A6607498-FB1E-63CD-D55D-FB9F0DAA0802_5_EE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1374534000

A very sticky 31.7 Â°C here in MK - this just has to go bang Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Repeat performance on Wednesday (hopefully)

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

East Sussex, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Surrey, West Sussex & Brighton and Hove

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Thurrock & Southend-on-Sea

Further thundery downpours are likely across more eastern parts of England and the northeastern half of Scotland at first on Wednesday, although these should clear from the west during the early morning in England, but hang on into the afternoon across northeast Scotland. There is also a risk of further heavy showers developing over Scotland during the afternoon.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel, due to surface water flooding.

Issued at:

1303 on Mon 22 Jul 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Wed 24 Jul 2013

Valid to:

2100 on Wed 24 Jul 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=F065BDFB-C777-273C-C7A3-062C38E61BBF_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1374620400

Posted

Well the Northolt and Heathrow temperature readings are certainly making themselves felt in the office, which is air conditioning free in our eco-building. Glad I'm off for the school run soon, just hope the tarmac on the M25 holds up!

Posted

I have everything crossed that we don't miss out on any storm action (bar Tamara, Tom & Jan!) But I just can't quite build my hopes up - even in this set up - due to being disapointed so, so many times before.

Just got to pray to the weather Gods that the radar cracks into life and any storms head this way!

Edited by snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

34c here in Twickenham and still rising. expect it could peak  here at round 35 or 36c, which, if it happens, would make it the hottest day (locally) since 2003.

Posted

Anyone like to hazard a guess at our chances of some tstorms later this eve

You are best off looking at this specific thread for that:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77317-convective-storm-risk-discussion-21st-july-2013-onwards

However, Id' say tonight we might see an isolated storm in the East of the region, more to the very West of it and all of that further North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Closest weather station to me is this one http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.12.03670

and its reporting 33.2C, who knows if its true though.

I can't believe I missed out on the storm this morning, maybe a bit far away but I am guessing I still would have heard it.

Edited by Mesoscale