Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot spell and possible breakdown discussion & temperature reports July 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

My max prediction may have been a little conservative at only 32.8C. With the cloud starting to lift now, I think you're going to be quite close with that guess.

Yeah, I think that may even turn out conservative. Considering we have three hours of warming to go and some places are nearly at 32c. 

I said 34c for Heathrow but at this rate it'll go higher than that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well we have milky skies and sun at last. Temp now 24c so rising very quickly indeed.

Quite a few folk are going to have jackets slung over their shoulder after this mornings chilly start!

Posted

RAF Mildenhall is at 32...

Yeah that's damn close to me. 

Currently sitting at 30.7c here. 

Posted

Still cloudy in Bingley,west yorks.I think the cloud is going to erode so the last place it will be seen is my house!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe gales, heavy rain and alpine climates

Northolt now at 33C.....a good 10C warmer than Durham......think I know where I am happiest in these conditions ;-)

Posted

31.6 here and 31.5 up the hill at Reading University, the nearest official station, so exceeding 32 here today looks odds-on now.  And that's about 20 degrees warmer than Lerwick at the moment :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

25.3c so far and rising fast. Only 2 hours to reach peak temps- going to be tight for our first 30c of the year (well in several years actually!).

Very hazy though- little in the way of blue skies.

Posted

Was just about to say that the BBC has just said 33.3oC reached in a couple of places, still below 30oC here at 29.8oC :/ Think my high will be at around 5 ish though

Posted

Sun just been sighted in Bingley wooooohooooo skys still misty though boooooo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

ON metcheck it says North Holt is 36 degrees celcius in weather observations?

ON metcheck it says North Holt is 36 degrees celcius in weather observations?

I wouldn't be suprised if Metcheck said we were going to have heavy snow next week. :p

Currently 31.6C here, and I think it may just beat the 32.2C recorded a few days ago.

Posted

31.3C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Unbelievable temperature contrasts today.. 33C in London, only 22C here. 33C sounds incredibly unpleasant, but very interesting to experience and record..

Posted

Unbelievable temperature contrasts today.. 33C in London, only 22C here. 33C sounds incredibly unpleasant, but very interesting to experience and record..

Well it's just under 32c and I find that just perfect, brilliant for being out in. Not too humid either, it's more likely to more uncomfortable later in the week even though the temps will be a lot lower the humidity will be higher. 

Although the storms aren't looking nearly as bad as people first thought. 

Posted

The forecast for here was completely off for today. 

There was supposed to be a lot of cloud and showers today and thunderstorms, hasn't been a cloud in the sky for three hours now. Maybe it's not developing as bad as they first thought. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this plume held on for a bit longer yet. 

Edited by matty007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I wouldn't be suprised if Metcheck said we were going to have heavy snow next week. Posted Image

Currently 31.6C here, and I think it may just beat the 32.2C recorded a few days ago.

Lol, people on here do say that about Metcheck, I find it accurate within the week then it goes way down hill, it's a shame as it could be a good site....

I wouldn't be surprised is somewhere gets close to 36 though in the southeast, it's humid enough here in Exeter so the southeast must be dripping at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The forecast for here was completely off for today. 

There was supposed to be a lot of cloud and showers today and thunderstorms, hasn't been a cloud in the sky for three hours now. Maybe it's not developing as bad as they first thought. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this plume held on for a bit longer yet. 

Completely off for today too - but for the wrong reasons.

Posted

Lol, people on here do say that about Metcheck, I find it accurate within the week then it goes way down hill, it's a shame as it could be a good site....

I wouldn't be surprised is somewhere gets close to 36 though in the southeast, it's humid enough here in Exeter so the southeast must be dripping at the moment

It really isn't too bad, I've been to the Med and it feels almost identical to that heat. Much cleaner than the usual British heat. 

Posted

temps have shot up it was 21.4c at 11am now its 30.5c and not a cloud in the sky, but strangely it doesn't feel hot at all, i felt far hotter last week when it was 26c  27c

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/today.asp?zipcode=swindon#.Ue0--G0uf-s

Here's what metcheck says for my location. I should be under a heavy shower, with around 7.9mm of rain after having about 10mm earlier, wheeas there isn't a cloud in the sky and there has been no rain in 2 weeks. I guess they weren't too far off.. :D

Getting back on topic, I think the temperature may have peaked here at 31.6C, however I thought that last hour when the wind picked up slightly and the temperatures started to drop off a little bit. Either way, tonight looks very sticky, especially when that humidity starts kicking in. Currently at 47% here, and that will likely rise as the temperature drops a little.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

It doesn't actually feel that hot at the moment, although I was outside and I was sweating a lot.. we just hit 34C in my back garden so that beats the 33C we reached in June 2011, although this isn't official i'm pretty sure Heathrow/somewhere near has hit 34C now?

Clouds have just appeared though, maybe 35C might be possible but it depends really if these clouds move. Only about 3 degrees from the record July max!

Posted

The southwesterly wind really is helping this heat.