Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot spell and possible breakdown discussion & temperature reports July 2013

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

The thunderstorm we had pulled temps down sharp to a fresher 20.6c where they've levelled off.

Cool storm and some lovely evening temperatures!

Posted

Currently 20.5° in Bingley with a max of 23.5 today! I think we were the last place to see the cloud burn away today! Ive studdied the sat images over and over lol

Edited by joggs

Posted

Interestingly the last TAF given by Manchester Airport says towering cumulus.

Not sure how official the station is but the summary of this evening for Manchester Hulme Library is very interesting, apparently a maximum of 26.9C was reached at 20:00 there  http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/99029.html

Posted

Wow! What a scorcher! at 5.17pm it hit 32.1oC which just beats my 31.9oC record in June 2011! The humidity actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting either but I was on a field all afternoon near a lake which I assume brought the humidity up because it felt SO MUCH more humid and hot when I was there to when we went onto the road, walked home at 10pm and it was still 24oC and really was hot but very nice to be able to walk home so late in such nice temperatures, I really can't deal with the heat just due to sweating but other than that, I have thoroughly enjoyed the day!

It's still 23.3oC now at 11:30pm...

Next week is still looking warm and above 26oC most days with some sun around and possibly temperatures really rising back up to 30oC at the weekend! If we only get storms here and there and quite a lot of sun around with the high humidity then I don't even really want to call it a break down, if we had next week during a normal year or like last year then we would be calling it the "very warm and summery spell" I bet! haha

Amazing summer so far!

Posted

According to Tomasz Shaffernaker we may come close to beating the all time record minimum tonight. A low of 23c shown for London Posted Image

19.0oC is the highest min I have ever recorded here on the 2nd of July 2009!, we are forecast a low of 20oC here so looks pretty possible although it's usually a bit lower here during these spells than forecast, if we DO stay above 19oC then that's the highest and lowest temperatures I've recorded here beaten in the last 5 years!

Posted

Down to 15.7C here after a max of 21.1C. The North Sea cack cleared around midday but an onshore breeze kept it cool.

I do hope this north-easterly wind will die down soon though, its about the worst thing going for thundery weather as it kills any convection good and proper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Reached 26.8C today. Cold compared to the 33C recorded in London. Unfair :( didn't even have any thunderstorms!!!!

Ahaha, we're down as a 21C min tonight and a 22C max tomorrow? Sort it out Met Office....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Feels chilly at 16C here - really odd how we got similar max temps to Manchester despite far less sun, yet the temperature here is falling really fast..

Posted

Thunderstorm of about half an hour with very heavy showers at around 2-3ish in Weston-super-mare.

Grey and muggy so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well that was certainly a wild night of storms! Got no sleep between 0430-0600 (which doesn't leave long till the ruddy alarm!) with it hammering it down and frequent flashes & loud thunder.

Despite all the rain temps never dropped below 19c - a real steamy tropical feeling night - really enjoyed it!

A lot of standing water around this morning and the river well up. Now I remember why I wear black trousers most of the year - my light coloured shorts are covered in road muck - can't say I've missed that in the dry period.

It's now very dull & grey temp 19.2c and about to rain... again. Glad I got to work in the 30 min rain gap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Much of Wiltshire and certainly here in Trowbridge has escaped any rain and no sign of a thunderstorm, so my garden didn't get the torrential refresher I promised it....now looking like a potential desert!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

A lot of rain and thunder last night and some of this morning. 

Yesterday looks like the last settled day as from the now it becomes more unsettled and lower temps. 

Posted

Apart form 2 minutes of light rain with some thunder this morning it's been mainly sunny here today after a cloudy start, with the temperature far exceeding predictions and already nearing 30 deg C.

Posted

Storms all gone - now clear & sunny. Feeling lovely too in that sun.

22.2c so far.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A weak thundery shower early doors then the nothing much to mention. Brief spell of humid warm sunshine now humid with odd spot of rain as the Sheffield shield calmly destroys another storm.

Sadly the hot spell going out with a whimper once again

Posted
Warm spell well and truly over here. It ended on Friday morning. Hasn't reached 20C since then with the wind constantly coming from the worst possible direction (SE). Today has been awful - murky, wet and 16C - and the rest of the week promises more of the same. Every bit as bad as this time last yearPosted Image 

Posted

A lot of mess around this morning after last nights flooding - debris all over and can see where the river went over its banks too. Someone I know got their entire downstairs of their house flooded out wrecking everything - a bad day for them indeed. Exciting as these storms can be they can be very destructive.

Today is fine & pleasantly warm with sunshine. 17.7c low now 20.1c and quite humid. A day like today looks pretty good for most I'd say - certainly not too hot nor too cold with evenings remaining pleasant enough to enjoy outside (assuming it doesn't rain of course!).

Posted

Well today is every bit as warm as many days in this warm spell that has now errm 'broken' down...

Currently 25.7c so can see a 26c today. Not bad when we were predicted to reach 24c today. Makes a real change for us to exceed predications instead of fall short of them!

Today has beaten all of last weekend, and numerous days in the week of the 8th. 

edit- 26.1c...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Mid twenties widely across England, Heathrow top at 27C with still an hour till the temperature peaks.