Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

distant rumbles being heard again, seems to be getting darker here

Hearing thunder again, real loud booming! I love it !!Any storm chasers who are awaiting action, keep your eyes on that mothership of a storm between Bordeaux and Cherbourg!!! Absolutely insane thing.

can hear the thunder from your direction, not sure if its going to hit us here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Yes again pretty much the whole of Devon and Cornwall avoid the most intense thunderstorms and rain just like the snow, grrrrrrr

We didn't even have a drop here in Exeter....

Enjoy the thunderstorms today guys, maybe w'll get one later although I don't think it's in the forecast :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Managed to get some pictures last night but the storm was way off in the distance and using a 11mm-16mm just didn't give me a enough zoom range but it was fab to see all the same Posted Image

post-12197-0-44159200-1374566010_thumb.j

post-12197-0-64467800-1374566024_thumb.j

post-12197-0-25681800-1374566041_thumb.j

post-12197-0-50545500-1374566057_thumb.j

Del.

Posted

Would love the MCS in France to make it closer (or over) to us later:

Posted Image

Posted

Torro have just released their take on today

TORRO SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 2013/001A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH has been issued at 07:50GMT on Tuesday 28th June 2013Valid from/until: 07:50 - 03:00GMT on Tuesday 23rd July/Wednesday 24th July 2013, for the following regions of the United Kingdom & Eire:...Parts of (see map)Much of central and northern EnglandE AngliaMuch of ScotlandTHREATSHail to 3-4cms diameter; wind gusts to 60mph; cloud-ground lightning; isolated tornadoesSYNOPSISMoisture plume characterised by high dewpoints/precipitable water values is across the watch area. Numerous showers and thunderstorms, associated with an upper trough, are ongoing across parts of the area, with frequent lightning, heavy rain, gusty winds, and isolated large hail possible. Through the morning, these should continue to drift generally northwards.Some additional development is likely across northern parts of England and Scotland through today, with a continuing risk of hail/wind - storm organisation into lines is possible, with a low but non-zero risk of storm rotation. An isolated tornado cannot be ruled out with any surface-based storms.Some clearing in the wake of this activity may allow surface heating to develop across portions of the Midlands and into E Anglia later this morning and into this afternoon, allowing CAPEs to reach around 2000 J/Kg. With 0-6km shear of around 30 knots, well-organised multicells with large hail and damaging winds are possible. A tornado cannot be ruled out, especially where any cell-mergers allow favourable low-level vorticity to be ingested.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Had a couple of rumbles last night,lightning was beautiful,just enough to wet the appetite,but now i want the main and the pudding.

Posted

how many other ppl here was pushing play :fool:

oops lol! Will try and upload the films to youtube later, but its the school holidays and I have 2 children clinging to me lol. Thunder and heavy rain here again, I've had to put the lighrs on as the sky us so dark!

Posted

Looks like lightning core will go Far East of here with me getting moderate rain again from this next lot.

Just rain here and I get the feeling that's it. Quite a line running from Cumbria to the north of Northern Ireland. That has really developed. It must be frustrating for storm lovers in Wales to see that develop to the north of them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

rain getting heavier and thunder getting louder

Ah thatll be what I heard mate. Good to see you're getting some too pal :)

Posted

The triangle has it's own storm shield, watching raintoday is just painful

Same here, a shower about 23:00 last night, nothing since.  Looking at the radar everything is to the west and all of that is now just rain.

Can we make that triangle a quadrilateral ?  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Small storm really kicked off over Belper producing 2 CG bolts that I saw but could hear bangs of thunder all over and don't have the best field of view from my window. Still rumbling away now - infact another rumble to my south.

Posted

We were surrounded by storms in the last hour but nothing came close. We've not had a drop of rain for weeks!

Posted

Ah thatll be what I heard mate. Good to see you're getting some too pal Posted Image

not sure what the rest of the day will hold for us, last night was a very good lightshow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

I didn't expect much last night but WOW! At least 5 hours of fork lightning and still going here in Cambridgeshire. Power kept going off and then back on, saw some amazing close ground strikes and was actually a bit concerned for my house at times. Couldn't have wished for better!

Morning all, feeling tired after last nights fireworks.Easily the most vicious storms seen in this area for +20 years.It just kept filling in from the south, without any logic, just lightning all over the place!I really hope anybody that missed out will get a storm.I think the East of the region is in for the French imports later.Local flooding is rife, saw a few cast iron drain covers pushed out of place, and it's still warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Well that storm has just about gone completely now (can't hear it at all anymore). Hopefully more this week!