Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Don't want any storms here.

Fair enough, best drive to Crewe tomorrow afternoon? Bit of shopping maybe? Take in the sights and sounds. Joking aside, that rain shower didn't last all too long - chances are precipitation shall ease as it pushes further east. Then stop at Nottingham and think, oh well, what the hell! Stuff it..

Posted

It feels very muggy and steamy this morning.

When I went to bed last night the radar suggested the entire region had a huge area of very heavy rain imminently bearing down on it from the SW, but when I woke up this morning there were only a few small puddles outside. Did it fizzle out or (more likely) split apart as it passed over us?

Bish

Posted

I'm heading down to Shropshire at the weekend and am wondering whether the westward corrections of the thunderstorms have put more of the midlands at risk?

Posted

Rather cloudy and muggy at the moment, there seems to be a scattering of quite small but potent showers breaking out now, up to 22.1c already so if the sun's not bothering to make much of an appearance today hopefully we can at least get a downpour.

Posted

I'm heading down to Shropshire at the weekend and am wondering whether the westward corrections of the thunderstorms have put more of the midlands at risk?

To be honest I think the main electrical activity is more likely to be way to the SE of our region, although it's still too early to be sure.

I think heavy rainfall amounts associated with the same event are more likely to be an issue in this part of the world, could be some torrential downpours.

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

After seeing the westward correction of the thundery low this weekend i actually do think the midlands is in for a treat with another thundery event saturday night!!could still go either way though!!

Would be nice..chances are this could be something pretty special for those in the way of these imports.All ahead of the next temp spike :)

Posted

Don't think the westwards correction is westwards enough for here. But I agree the East Midlands could see something. More interesting model watching coming up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Great drying weather Posted Image

Yes my lines are full, I thought id get it out the way before the weekend hits.

Inwhich i'm still unsure on what way this weekend is going to pan-out !!!

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Only a couple of mm of rain so far from the "breakdown". Hoping it won't make up over the weekend.

Posted

Some good sunny spells this afternoon at times, very hazy again now but maxed at 24.5c.

Should be longer spells of sunshine tomorrow, Saturday dependent on the washout's arrival time, doesn't seem like a thundery event to me but were see. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Found a path through our poles and found myself overlooking Barr Beacon for some early afternoon convection

http://youtu.be/jNOIAnpDv8w

Fingers crossed for th weekendPosted Image

Posted

Feels pretty chilly here now despite being 19c still, lovely warm day tomorrow, 24/25c widely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Humidity seems up a notch again? Wind calm, lovely stuff.

Weekend still throwing up a few differing of opinions, forecasts etc and with all the computer power in the world. Nothing you'd bet your mortgage on Posted Image

Wouldn't bet a "tenner" on it at the moment, But the GFS is throwing in very heavy rain for sat/sun for the midlands,

Posted Image

Interesting...very interesting.

Liking those charts Dancer, fully blown widespread storms aren't to everyone's taste or cuppa? Pleased to say, whilst they get what they want most of the time..I want a plume of a more severe, more organised nature. Hogging storms just doesn't occur very often nowadays, unless things are changing?

Let's see how generous or not..France gets the weekend eh :)

Posted

Much cloudier/hazier than expected today after a lovely clear start, pleasant at 21.3c though won't rise much further if this haze doesn't scoot.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

23 to 25c should be widespread for the Midlands this afternoon as the sun increases.