Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

That's more like it! West is best :)

Sun becoming hazier now, muggy and thundery feeling, clouds bubbling in from the south.

Wishing you all a half decent night show not least fair watering of gardens/allotments, so far so good!

Edited by triple_x1

Posted

Yes... looking like an M5 steamer to me

Bulls eye for the areaPosted Image.....as long as it dosn`t turn of on the M42 and head of Eastwards 

Although sferics have dropped off considerably in that lot recently.

Posted

Yes same here as well, much warmer than I was expecting it to be today.Some beefy looking stuff heading our way judging by the radar, a bit of electrical activity within it as well :)Bish

Definately!!bbc yesterday were only predicting 20 degrees on their maps and rain by now but theres nothing so far!!temps could still get up to 27 degrees!!

Is it just me...bloomin' flies are a right pest today...pesky things! Buzz off :)

Glad I just checked radar, parts of N NW France getting clobbered. SW approaches and south-coast next. Also a case of pretty good timing for us inlanders, heat of the day building, humidity and dew points responding accordingly.

Posted

Well, hailstones reported in Abergavenny...rumbles of thunder in Newport (Wales)...the plot thickens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Although sferics have dropped off considerably in that lot recently.

Was looking at the ppn crossing the channel atm for later on this afternoon....And looking at the wind vectors i can only see them heading towards the West of Birmingham.....Fingers crossed they spark up

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

I actually think the forecast is now taking shape nicely for the whole of England...albeit a couple of hours late!

We've got very heavy rain wth sproadic bits of thunder reaching up the western side of England and the very east of Wales. Rain has now reached the south coast...this isn't that thundery...but the forecasts did say it wouldn't be to start with. Then behind all of that there is a very active area of preciptitation full of lightning on it's eastern flank which seems to be heading for the south east.

Although our little lot heading this way does seem a tad more active then we had thought.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

If you look at the uk radar against the french radar, You can appreciate the size of what's coming towards us.

Posted Image  Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The rain must have started everyone left the beach at the same time Posted Image http://www.earthcam.com/world/uk/bognorregis/

Talking about beaches how was Barmouth Ian, was my prediction accurate for you?

Posted

Darker higher cloud spilling in now. Pleased it's running late and we got the majority of the day in warm sunshine. Soon be time to settle down for the evening, listen to the rain and read reports from the south-east.

Trying to think the last time we would have got this much rain in one go. December 2012 maybe? I wouldn't think our snow events of January and March would have contained as much precipitation...if anywhere near at all.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Darker higher cloud spilling in now. Pleased it's running late and we got the majority of the day in warm sunshine. Soon be time to settle down for the evening, listen to the rain and read reports from the south-east.

Trying to think the last time we would have got this much rain in one go. December 2012 maybe? I wouldn't think our snow events of January and March would have contained as much precipitation...if anywhere near at all.

That is if there is a lot of rain? Not unusual for 20mm to fall in the Midlands, the most I ever recorded at Coventry was 52mm, there was though over 60mm in 2007.

Posted

That is if there is a lot of rain? Not unusual for 20mm to fall in the Midlands, the most I ever recorded at Coventry was 52mm, there was though over 60mm in 2007.

I think there'll be a fair of rain looking at the radar, I may be proved wrong. I was just trying to think the last time we had a spell of prolonged heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Quite cloudy here but still warm. Not thundery or stormy looking though, just a little dull and meh looking.

Posted

Pleasantly warm out there...if a little humid. The sky is looking increasingly like rain but not in a disturbed way like it does when we're expecting thunder.

The dew point appears to be dropping...that can't be right can it with rain imminent?

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Just had a burst of quite heavy rain here but the sky's lightened up a bit and so has the rain.

Posted

Glad I didn't bother radar watching today, I see as usual all the excitement heading for the South East and it's just plain old rain here, another warm one though today, 24.5c max.

Posted

Rain just started here. Noticeable drop in temperature too. The muggyness has just vanished.

Posted

Glad I didn't bother radar watching today, I see as usual all the excitement heading for the South East and it's just plain old rain here, another warm one though today, 24.5c max.

yep fraid so, just a wet night here but nothing exceptional, if anything more light blues appearing on the radar so murky drizzle

Posted

Cloud burst here in Quarry Bank, Dudley. Very dark and wind picked up.

New here, loving this weather :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i hope we get the heavy rain not really bothered about the t-storms.