Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 23rd July 2013 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Time for a new thread. Yes, it's been a bit of a let down for some but at least we may have another chance at the weekend LolPosted Image Don't forget if you want to rant and rave about the lack of them just pop into the No Storms Club. Anyway good luck all for the next few days and especially for the plume supposed to be happening again at the weekend.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Weather-history, on 23 Jul 2013 - 21:35, said:Posted Image

Missed out on the early July 2001 ones, too far east but I do remember some very good storms including mid May 1997 that was a cracker.

There was some crackers early 00's. August '03? spent a week in Rhyl.....plume type event pummelled us one night, constant thunder, lightning and torrential rain for most of the night. Pink tinged lightning too. Then another year sometime around the early 00's there was a vicious squall line that passed through. I remember Rob Mcelwee presenting the radar on the weather......red radar returns stretched down the length of the UK. I remember the clouds approaching- it was a wall of black. The rain was that heavy it punched a hole in the roof of several places in Crewe (Morrisons supermarket included I think). Water was up to the patio doors of my auntie's house. Then there was August 2007......the best storm I've ever witnessed. Developed in situ and produced an hour or so of hail and torrential rain, along with constant thunder. Hail was flowing down the roads in sheets on top of torrents of water! Several homes flooded out with that one

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Whether or not you got a storm or not ( and I didn't), is it not wonderful to see a day with 30,000 lightning strikes recorded over the UK? I suspect that by the end of this week we may even get 100,000. Is there any wat to get a cumulative week total so far?

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted

The entire cell system to the south and east of me has gone very ominous looking. The one thats popped up due south of me in the last half hour looks a bit tasty...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Whether or not you got a storm or not ( and I didn't), is it not wonderful to see a day with 30,000 lightning strikes recorded over the UK? I suspect that by the end of this week we may even get 100,000. Is there any wat to get a cumulative week total so far?

When you've waited as long as some of us have for a storm, you genuinely couldn't give a monkeys whether there was 1 or 100,001 strikes if none of them affected your area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

When you've waited as long as some of us have for a storm, you genuinely couldn't give a monkeys whether there was 1 or 100,001 strikes if none of them affected your area.

Well I have waited a long time for a storm and I am disappointed not to get one, but I still disagree. Even though I didn't get a storm today I am genuinely pleased for all those that did get a storm. And with a possible supercell thrown into the mix - excellent. My time will come I am sure.

Posted

the storm(s) over me just now seem to be intensifyingPosted Image ..aircraft at Edinburgh airport  are taking a flightpath east then south over my house(which they never do)..engines screaming as they do , can only guess its due to turbulence..must be quite nasty up there

Posted

Looks to be some fresh strikes showing up around the Skegness area.

Hmmmm, Could that be what's forecast to affect the North East coast overnight? One of the few remaining possibilities i suppose!

Posted

Remaining possibilities? Thought there was a chance anytime over the next few days. Skies look ominous here atm so you never know.

Posted

is there anything for the stoke on trent area? we had a storm this morning very load thunder and heavy rain with loads of lightening,but trailed off around 10am with afew lightening strikes,no thunder and light showers....had absolutly nothing since around lunchtime although its still very humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Amber warning still in place for the north west. Has someone at the met office fallen asleep?

Posted

Remaining possibilities? Thought there was a chance anytime over the next few days. Skies look ominous here atm so you never know.

True, I meant regarding the heavy rain and storms forecast for eastern areas this evening by the BBC.Met Office have extended Amber warning into Scotland now...

Posted
Paul Hudson
@Hudsonweather
 Main Tstorm activity overnight central & Eastern parts of Yorks, Lincs & N Notts. Further west, much more isolated, Y Dales short term focus

Posted

True, I meant regarding the heavy rain and storms forecast for eastern areas this evening by the BBC.Met Office have extended Amber warning into Scotland now...

I think the met office had lost there crayons.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Grrrrh!,was hoping for some distant anvil lightning as it has been a non event here again today(storms to my east/south and westPosted Image ),yes some rumbles in the distance,but that's all,i eagally await the rest of the week

at least it's a more comfortable sleep than last night

night all.

P.S,we have a new storm,the skegg vagas storm.

Posted

is there anything for the stoke on trent area? we had a storm this morning very load thunder and heavy rain with loads of lightening,but trailed off around 10am with afew lightening strikes,no thunder and light showers....had absolutly nothing since around lunchtime although its still very humid.

Apart from eastern and northeastern counties i think the rest will have to wait untill the sun gets to work tom.Hope that helps

Posted

Nope :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Done an animation of the Midlands storms using radar data from weatheronline.co.uk , here it shows the storms bloom over Nottingham, impressive rain rates.

Times of the frames are 1630-1940hrs

Fast speed:

post-11361-0-76102700-1374613794_thumb.g

Slow speed:

post-11361-0-35015300-1374613817_thumb.g

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Done an animation of the Midlands storms using radar data from weatheronline.co.uk , here it shows the storms bloom over Nottingham, impressive rain rates.

Times of the frames are 1630-1940hrs

Fast speed:

Posted Image1630-1940hrs - Radar Animation Midlands Storms - 23-7-2013 - UK - ESS-animations (weatheronline radar data) - fast speed.gif

Slow speed:

Posted Image1630-1940hrs - Radar Animation Midlands Storms - 23-7-2013 - UK - ESS-animations (weatheronline radar data) - slow speed.gif

Becoming abit of a hotspot atm! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Something to ponder for the weekend courtesy of Ian Fergusson;

" W COUNTRY Much uncertainty ahead for later Sat into Sun; expect model oscillation re threat of poss major MCS (thunder/rain) event S England"

Posted

Paul Hudson@Hudsonweather Main Tstorm activity overnight central & Eastern parts of Yorks, Lincs & N Notts. Further west, much more isolated, Y Dales short term focus

what does he know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

The situation appears to be what they call a repeat tho varied