Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 23rd July 2013 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Watching my timelapse back, (nothing too interesting I dont think, battery ran out just as the storm kicked off), its funny how clouds move in different directions at different heights.

Actually, while I post this, could someone who knows more about weather than me (everyone) tell me how far away those lower clouds in the distance are approximately?

about 10 miles and encroaching to 5 miles i would say.

Posted

Interesting, cause the video is looking west of Grantham in the exact direction and time that Nottingham had the supercell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Saturday looks very very interesting. Too far away to be nailing things down yet, but as it stands, it could well be as good as last night, which would take some going if I'm honest!!

Posted

Lazz I'd estimate 20-30M

ESS,would it be closer than that with them been such low based(the closer to the cloud than a anvil sought of speek)

Tomasz Schaffernaker has just shown graphics suggestive of scattered storms 'erupting' around the NW Midlands area tomorrow afternoon. Could tie in with this little area of CAPE shown on the GFS for tomorrow afternoon?

Posted Image

Looks a long shot though!

LOL here we go again...did he mention Congleton!

With warm, pretty juicy/moist air in place, to be fair..anything could happen before a real deal, Westerly sourced 'proper' breakdown arrives. Which is unlikely to happen this month, at this stage any roads.

Posted

ATD going nuts over east lincolnshire now,good look to them over there,

as for here today,the pennines did it againPosted Image ,good ol pennines,now where is my dynamitePosted Image

chow......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

It's what I thought may get hinted at sooner rather than later. Lots of CAPE/LI over the channel.  Energy/Jetstream in position and wind direction favorable for a direct hit of a BIG overnight MCS.

MetOffice currently says

"Also a risk of southern and eastern parts of the UK seeing some more persistent heavy rain or thunderstorms early Sunday."

Posted Image

Something to ponder for the weekend courtesy of Ian Fergusson;

" W COUNTRY Much uncertainty ahead for later Sat into Sun; expect model oscillation re threat of poss major MCS (thunder/rain) event S England"

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

Once again I can hear thunder from the nearby cell over the eastern part of Lincolnshire but once again nothing here.

Pretty disappointing how absolutely everything in the last 24 hours has missed this area. Still on 1.4mm for the day from the light rain this morning and 4.4mm for the month.

Posted

Can see light flashes from that storm over skegness from Doncaster!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Tomasz Schafernaker seems to think the band of rain early on Thursday will turn to a line of thunderstorms. Now that would be good!

Posted

Once again I can hear thunder from the nearby cell over the eastern part of Lincolnshire but once again nothing here.

Pretty disappointing how absolutely everything in the last 24 hours has missed this area. Still on 1.4mm for the day from the light rain this morning and 4.4mm for the month.

I'd be happy with 1.4mm of rain! Had nothing since July 2nd here! 

Models not handling this weekends round 2 not so well at the moment, which is to be expected

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Lightning visible to the south now and distant thunder from the Skeggy storm. It is coming this way I feel although slowly.... had a cracker of a storm just after midnight last night with another around 3am, although this was more distant. Could be the third one in 24 hours shortly, if it holds together...

Off to bed now to listen to the thunder and watch the lightning through the skylights as I fall asleep!

Posted

Tomasz Schafernaker seems to think the band of rain early on Thursday will turn to a line of thunderstorms. Now that would be good!

Did he stick the fingers up!only joking he's a breath of fresh air to the BBC and his tweet pics are hilarious.Schaferdoodles.

I'd be happy with 1.4mm of rain! Had nothing since July 2nd here!  Models not handling this weekends round 2 not so well at the moment, which is to be expected SM

same here, and the mare of pumping water begins Saturday unless we get something decent beforehand. Edited by texel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Saturday looks very very interesting. Too far away to be nailing things down yet, but as it stands, it could well be as good as last night, which would take some going if I'm honest!!

Well seeing as quite a few areas saw absolutely sod all last night then anything's a bonus IMO! I'd like to see a decent storm please. Sat night, as models stand, looks very interesting I agree, could be even better than last night!

Well seeing as quite a few areas saw absolutely sod all last night then anything's a bonus IMO! I'd like to see a decent storm please. Sat night, as models stand, looks very interesting I agree, could be even better than last night!

Shhhhhhh! Some folk are still spitting feathers :) don't entirely blame them either.Much better to say, hope they're better than the rubbish MCS I witnessed earlier..they were a waste of time and space. Bit of diplomacy eh lol. Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Did he stick the fingers up!only joking he's a breath of fresh air to the BBC and his tweet pics are hilarious.Schaferdoodles.same here, and the mare of pumping water begins Saturday unless we get something decent beforehand.

Hahahahaha, nah he's brilliant. Much more thorough than many others and he goes all out when forecasting thunderstorms. I suppose that's why they didn't get rid of him after his little swearing accident. The public just love him too much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Shhhhhhh! Some folk are still spitting feathers Posted Image don't entirely blame them either.

Haha, well I'm one of those that saw little excitement but not spitting feathers just yet. If this week/weekend fails to deliver then I'll have a meltdown, especially if Atlantic crud moves in!

Posted

The BBC24 forecast insisting on the storms over Lincolnshire spreading up the NE coast through the night. Just hope they keep their intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Hahahahaha, nah he's brilliant. Much more thorough than many others and he goes all out when forecasting thunderstorms. I suppose that's why they didn't get rid of him after his little swearing accident. The public just love him too much.

He seems to be such a poser when on camera too. Gotta love him.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well had a 5 minute storm here, well 5 minutes of heavy rain and a few flashes of lightning, probably the best I'm going to get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

It's got to the point where Britains railways are more reliable than the MET OFFICE forecasts. Even when it was going tits up they still spewed out their garbage on the BBC saying heavy storms for regions when they were not getting them. Surely they have people who can now cast with all their resources. Nothing forecast for tomorrow so we will get multiple tornadoes and it will pee it down all day.