Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I am loving it. I don't have to water the garden for the rest of this or next week. The pond and water butts are filling up nicely and the grass has started growing again. I got a bit sick of wearing shorts, flip flops and a vest day after day — it's a nice change.

Exactly what I was about to say!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Afternoon all,

Still some nuisance fine rain/drizzle left here in Croydon.

Then its a case of rising temps/humidity, for the next couple of days. GFS 06Z seems to have pushed that thundery threat Fri night/Sat morn. further east, towards its favoured location, in recent years. No complacency from myself yet though, this will no doubt chop n' change, for the next few runs.

Scary footage of that tornado which hit an area close to Milan, yesterday afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp7JbU63Mxw&feature=player_detailpage

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Wow! That was a proper USA type tornado! Would love to see that here (from indoors of course!). Sun trying to come out here now, temp of 19C. Nice to get some rain for the parched landscape but looking forward to more heat this and next week :)

Posted

Afternoon All, hope you are all well.

A bit of a disappointing end to a few days annual leave from work - we were planning to take a trip to London by boat from Greenwich to Westminster, but with it being cold and wet, we decided to potter about at home (actually, I don't mind a nice potter at home relaxing as we have had a busy few days!)

We spent Sunday at Greenwich Park - here's the view from up by the Observatory (sorry about the tourists taking pictures of themselves in the shot - the sun was so bright on my mobile when taking the picture, I didn't realise they were in the shot until I got home and looked properly!)

Posted Image

Yesterday we spent the day at Dover Castle.  To anyone that hasn't been before, I would recommend it as a lovely day out - not only is there the castle to explore, but you can also visit the underground hospital and secret war tunnels too.  We wasn't allowed to take pictures inside the hospital or war tunnels, but here are a few of the view from the top of the castle:

Posted Image

Looking out to Dover Beach:

Posted Image

Looking out towards France:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a knackered Mini-Raven in the car on the way home:

Posted Image

Back to work and reality tomorrow *sob*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote: "Yesterday we spent the day at Dover Castle. To anyone that hasn't been before, I would recommend it as a lovely day out - not only is there the castle to explore, but you can also visit the underground hospital and secret war tunnels too."

Hi Leeanne,

Really like the area too. Have had a great couple of snow-chases out to Dover/Folkestone, when a NNE or E.Kent streamer has deposited plenty of the white stuff. Great to see waves lapping onto the snows edge, right down on the beach. Not to mention Capel-le-Ferne, up on the Downs, between Dover/Folkestone. I'll have to download some of the photos I took with my son and daughter, back in the '90s.

Sun and cloud in equal measure here in Croydon and starting to feel a wee bit humid again.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Afternoon All, hope you are all well.

A bit of a disappointing end to a few days annual leave from work - we were planning to take a trip to London by boat from Greenwich to Westminster, but with it being cold and wet, we decided to potter about at home (actually, I don't mind a nice potter at home relaxing as we have had a busy few days!)

We spent Sunday at Greenwich Park - here's the view from up by the Observatory (sorry about the tourists taking pictures of themselves in the shot - the sun was so bright on my mobile when taking the picture, I didn't realise they were in the shot until I got home and looked properly!)

Posted Image

Yesterday we spent the day at Dover Castle. To anyone that hasn't been before, I would recommend it as a lovely day out - not only is there the castle to explore, but you can also visit the underground hospital and secret war tunnels too. We wasn't allowed to take pictures inside the hospital or war tunnels, but here are a few of the view from the top of the castle:

Posted Image

Looking out to Dover Beach:

Posted Image

Looking out towards France:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a knackered Mini-Raven in the car on the way home:

Posted Image

Back to work and reality tomorrow *sob*

The pictures are great Snow Raven, looks like you had a great time. Have a happy day at work tomorrow.... Remember we will be half way through the working week 😀

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I do hope it actually happens, this time?? Posted Image

After another spell of hot weather there is the potential for thundery rain to develop and affect parts of SE England later this week. Confidence in these developments at this time range is often low and reference to our web site for updates is advised

.....I'm saying nothing Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The pictures are great Snow Raven, looks like you had a great time. Have a happy day at work tomorrow.... Remember we will be half way through the working week 😀

Glad to see you had a nice time SR - can't be so bad starting the working week on hump day Posted Image

Here are a couple more from my weekend in Norfolk...

post-10773-0-79373300-1375201214_thumb.jpost-10773-0-92123900-1375201233_thumb.j

Not a bad afternoon here from what I can see through the window anyway, lots of big white cauliflower clouds Posted Image

Posted

After another spell of hot weather there is the potential for thundery rain to develop and affect parts of SE England later this week. Confidence in these developments at this time range is often low and reference to our web site for updates is advised

.....I'm saying nothing Posted Image

But, it just screams 'potential'!Posted Image

Posted

I just took these in Hendon NW London,

lower cloud just blocked the image of a huge Cumulonibus but you can only see the back of it now in these pics.  Question is can this cloud have come from the flow from the atlantic we had to day.  Or is that convection?

post-9094-0-52720200-1375201911_thumb.jppost-9094-0-81012600-1375201903_thumb.jppost-9094-0-75457600-1375201893_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thanks for looking after the thread so well AJ, much appreciated Posted Image

I'm back from an awesome weekend - hope everyone is well and you have all had a good one too - I've not had very good internet signal but I have tried to keep up as best as I could but have been a bit busy  Posted Image  ... I'll post some photos later, well the seal watching ones anyway Posted Image

no worries Ali, always glad to help.......glad you had a nice weekend Posted Image

Edited by ajpoolshark
I can't spell for sh*t!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

But, it just screams 'potential'!Posted Image

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

The Sun is out now. Intersperse with quick moving clouds... It feels very warm in the sun ☺

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Warm again here, 22oC and whilst clouding over now it has been a dry and sunny afternoon.

Posted

Sun's out here too, Jax. And it's none too cold, either...

Posted

Sun's out here too, Jax. And it's none too cold, either...

It has turned out to be fine afternoon I think.

We had very little rain her today, so can I get away without watering the hanging the baskets.

Therefore need advice so do I

1) Phone a friend (think I have one)

2) Go 50/50 (only do the front)

3) Ask the forum

Decision, I am going for number three, what's your views everyone

I will share the winnings of some nice fresh flowersPosted Image

Suppose I could get the goat around and solve the problem.

On the weather front it's 22.6 and nice and sunny.

Posted

We had very little rain her today, so can I get away without watering the hanging the baskets.

Therefore need advice so do I

1) Phone a friend (think I have one)

2) Go 50/50 (only do the front)

3) Ask the forum

Decision, I am going for number three, what's your views everyone

I will share the winnings of some nice fresh flowersPosted Image

Suppose I could get the goat around and solve the problem.

On the weather front it's 22.6 and nice and sunny.

Use the goat, get some milk, flog that then flog the goat.  WIN WIN WIN!

Posted

GFS 12z follows on from the 06z and keeps the thundery threat late Fri/into Sat, mostly to our east.

Sorry at work and cant post charts.

But no done deal, just yet.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

There has been a very slight eastward shift in the plume at the end of the week I think. Steering winds are more quickly into the SW and so engagement and initiation of any thundery activity on the continent could well be adjusted accordingly

Fridays midday chart on the ECM this evening illustrates this wellPosted Image Edit: Tomasino, we sing from the same hymn sheetPosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

The cloud and rain took longer to clear than I expected. But clear they did, eventually.

19.6° here at the moment - and that's the highest it has been today. Assuming it doesn't rise by another 0.4° in the next four and a half hours, I'd be interested to know how long it has been since the last day we didn't make it to 20°. Would today be the first time in July maybe??

Posted

I have got to travel to the "homeland" next week, that being Herts, hope the weather is OK, may visit some old haunts of mine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I have got to travel to the "homeland" next week, that being Herts, hope the weather is OK, may visit some old haunts of mine.

Pick up a penguin!Posted Image

Does anyone remember that?Posted Image *she tiptoes away to the kitchen*Posted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

There has been a very slight eastward shift in the plume at the end of the week I think. Steering winds are more quickly into the SW and so engagement and initiation of any thundery activity on the continent could well be adjusted accordingly

Fridays midday chart on the ECM this evening illustrates this wellPosted Image Edit: Tomasino, we sing from the same hymn sheetPosted Image

Posted Image

Well done that member, someone with a chart.

Thanks, Tams.

Tom.