Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 29/7/13 20z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

There has been a very slight eastward shift in the plume at the end of the week I think. Steering winds are more quickly into the SW and so engagement and initiation of any thundery activity on the continent could well be adjusted accordingly

Fridays midday chart on the ECM this evening illustrates this wellPosted Image Edit: Tomasino, we sing from the same hymn sheetPosted Image

Posted Image

I blame the Met Office for this - for putting me in the middle of their thundery warning zone! Always jinxes it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Pick up a penguin!Posted Image

What are you saying?

OK just kidding, I will only be there in the day anyway, may visit some rellies in the area before I return.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I blame the Met Office for this - for putting me in the middle of their thundery warning zone! Always jinxes it!

As Tomas says, it aint over till its over. Well he didn't say that, but I am interpreting himPosted Image  However the general trend at present is maybe towards a Benelux BombshellPosted Image Posted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

There has been a very slight eastward shift in the plume at the end of the week I think. Steering winds are more quickly into the SW and so engagement and initiation of any thundery activity on the continent could well be adjusted accordingly

Fridays midday chart on the ECM this evening illustrates this wellPosted Image Edit: Tomasino, we sing from the same hymn sheetPosted Image

Posted Image

True Tamarina, not sure about terrificato though? Your Italian needs brushing up, hope you're practising your conjugations,

otherwise detention for you my girl! (wink).

Posted

*blush*Posted Image Terrificato has a cool ring though to it. Dunnit..innit?Posted Image

Posted

As Tomas says, it aint over till its over. Well he didn't say that, but I am interpreting himPosted Image  However the general trend at present is maybe towards a Benelux BombshellPosted Image Posted Image

Well, Benelux has been starved of storms over the last few years, so it's only fair they get a shot this time! Hehe! Posted Image

Posted

Well, Benelux has been starved of storms over the last few years, so it's only fair they get a shot this time! Hehe! Posted Image

I must say, that is a very spirited reply from a storm fan. The Benelux map lit up like a Christmas tree usually is a burning effigy target on the netweather convective threadPosted Image Posted Image

Posted

*blush*Posted Image Terrificato has a cool ring though to it. Dunnit..innit?Posted Image

Oh dear, chavvy cockney Italian, dont you dare mention Spag.Bol.!

Tom.

Posted

My lips are sealed Posted Image and anyway I have my own homemade pasta meal to eat right now. So ciao allPosted Image

Posted

I must say, that is a very spirited reply from a storm fan. The Benelux map lit up like a Christmas tree usually is a burning effigy target on the netweather convective threadPosted Image Posted Image

Yes, I've seen the venom in that thread once the northerly-moving French cells suddenly and inexplicably veer 90° to the right the second they leave the Normandy coast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Oh dear, chavvy cockney Italian, dont you dare mention Spag.Bol.!

Tom.

Nothing wrong with spag bol ...although I do prefer meatballs with my spaghetti  Posted Image

It's quite pleasant here here, I've finished work and have got a nice drinkies in my hand already - it's warm without being humid and it has stayed dry (unless I missed something earlier) Posted Image ......have a good evening folks !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nothing wrong with spag bol ...although I do prefer meatballs with my spaghetti  Posted Image

It's quite pleasant here here, I've finished work and have got a nice drinkies in my hand already - it's warm without being humid and it has stayed dry (unless I missed something earlier) Posted Image ......have a good evening folks !

Just had meat balls & chips??? Meanwhile, it's 18.8C and sunny!Posted Image

Posted

Just had meat balls & chips??? Meanwhile, it's 18.8C and sunny!Posted Image

Were they Ikea ones - they are yummy Posted Image

20.3 °C here *takes drink outside to sit on patio*

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

The cloud and rain took longer to clear than I expected. But clear they did, eventually.

19.6° here at the moment - and that's the highest it has been today. Assuming it doesn't rise by another 0.4° in the next four and a half hours, I'd be interested to know how long it has been since the last day we didn't make it to 20°. Would today be the first time in July maybe??

Only one day this month has so far failed to reach 20c somewhere in the UK. That was on July 2nd when the highest temperature was recorded at Norwich Airport.....18.6c.

July 6th saw the start of an incredible spell where the temperature reached or exceeded 28c somewhere in the UK for 19 consecutive days, and 8 of those days reached or exceeded 30c. What a month !!

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.net/ukmomslp-png.htm

Hi all

Just a quick point

The updated fri chart in my eyes looks to have improved the storm chances

There has been a trough added which was not there last night

Still sticking with some fun friday night - saturday morning

Will do a fuller update later :-)

Posted

Oi Ali, thats sacrilege! Never, never eat your meatballs with pasta. Tut, tut.

Pasta first, then meatballs, as a main course, with a nice mixed salad (summer), with peas/onions, in balsamic vinegar (winter).

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

thread title.......*ahem* Posted Image

please keep it on topic folks....whilst pasta & meatballs and god know what else sounds positively delicious, it's not exactly weather discussion!!

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Only one day this month has so far failed to reach 20c somewhere in the UK. That was on July 2nd when the highest temperature was recorded at Norwich Airport.....18.6c.

July 6th saw the start of an incredible spell where the temperature reached or exceeded 28c somewhere in the UK for 19 consecutive days, and 8 of those days reached or exceeded 30c. What a month !!

Thanks for the info. What a turnaround since March.

Posted

Hi all

I was under the impression the south east thread was one of the friendliest and we talk

About all kind of things here including the weather

Edited by john pike

Posted

please keep it on topic folks....whilst pasta & meatballs and god know what else sounds positively delicious, it's not exactly weather discussion!!

It is if you eat it while looking at the radar and posting on netweather Posted Image

Posted

Evening all and absolutely nothing wrong with Spag Bol as far as I'm concerned, one of my favourite meals and I will call it what I like Posted Image .

Quite a change in the weather here today with a fair bit of much needed rain this morning, followed by gradually clearing skies this afternoon. The max around these parts limped up to 22.3c, but lets face it, thats still none to shabby.

I spent a couple of hours sifting through the 'storm videos' I have taken in the last week, and in total I managed to capture one c-g strike on film , In my defence my location is not ideally suited to viewing wide open skies and rolling landscapes, much to my disappointment. Is there a market out there for 2nd hand camera equipment ?!

In the meantime I'm looking forward to the next plume event, should it happen. Best wishes all. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I love the varied chat on here,so please keep it,too many rules and regs in everyday life,its nice to have some fun

Posted

Checking the data, even Gravesend climbed into the 20s today. And that's only about 10 miles west. Seems the cut-off between a max of over and under 20° in Kent today was right over my head!

Anyway, it's of little relevance now, as we'll be talking 30, rather than 20, come Thursday. 

Posted

please keep it on topic folks...

With all due respect AJ that does seem a bit harsh. I could understand it if this thread was being abused in a negative way, but it's not by any stretch of the imagination that I am aware of. Quite the opposite in fact, it's one of the friendliest and most entertaining topics I have had the pleasure of being a member of, and the weather is discussed throughout the year on this thread.

Feeling quite gloomy now to be honest. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

A beautiful end to the day here, after all the dross. Clear blue skies, apart from some vapor trails.